F-15E?

JazonXD

Just FYI, unless the model is a pretty big throwback (pre 2000), the AHRS and VTR panels located behind the engine control panel do not exist. Being as though the NVG lighting is there (2001ish), it’s a bit of a mix/match on dating at the moment.

I know you're a SME and I'm not sure if it has any relevance, but Klarsnow, a Mudhen WSO in the Razbam discord mentioned how there is often a mishmash of panels and where they are located in the jet. Here's an excerpt of what he said:

SMgE2sw.png

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I know you're a SME and I'm not sure if it has any relevance, but Klarsnow, a Mudhen WSO in the Razbam discord mentioned how there is often a mishmash of panels and where they are located in the jet. Here's an excerpt of what he said:

SMgE2sw.png

I would have to know more context on what ‘panel’ was talked about. I’m gonna take a stab it’s the JHMCS? I left the jet before full implementation as far as the combat-fleet side of the house goes. IIRC, the control panel IS on the right side, in front of the oxy comm panel that sits just in front of the map case. It went where the AERP panel used to be. It may be on the outer side of the racks by the crew liner, I’d have to research a bit. In either case it, 1) wouldn’t be visible in the screens released so far as it would be out of frame 2) In the real jet, would have dedicated electrical connectors underneath, so no, it can’t really be moved around. Blank panels, yes, but not ones that have control switches on them.

In Klar’s defense, he sits back seat IIRC, so no cool-kid toys for him at the present.

Yeah my SA is just the -1, which doesn't have any info on where the panel is located, and that all the connectors and such are on the left. When I have sat in the front of a sim or PCATD or whatever, I haven't really been looking for all the lighting panels. Its not specifically stated where it is in the -1.

Not something in the backseat you are looking for when you climb in every day.

Yeah my SA is just the -1, which doesn't have any info on where the panel is located, and that all the connectors and such are on the left. When I have sat in the front of a sim or PCATD or whatever, I haven't really been looking for all the lighting panels. Its not specifically stated where it is in the -1.

Not something in the backseat you are looking for when you climb in every day.

Out of curiosity, I checked a very recent version of the -1. The diagram still has the AHRS panel shown in the front seat, but no VTR. Unless dudes are past their 20, they’ve probably never even seen one. It was gone before the VTR panel was. Not being paper any more, you would think it would be a little more up to date by now.

HMD panel is in the documentation, and there’s even a picture, but they mist keep it a secret from everyone on where it’s supposed to be located. :)

At least it doesn’t still show the LOX gauge...

Edited by Rainmaker

• 3 weeks later...

Love the "Check master arm" at 4:07 then seeing the gun cross appear a second later. Would have been a shame to MEZ pen only to go through dry because you were on safe....

For anyone interested. Here is the article to go along with that HUD tape video. Adds some context.

https://warontherocks.com/2019/12/21-years-later-the-first-shots-of-the-second-gulf-war/

First of all, you're basing this of what? nothing?

Secondly Zeus commented on this in the RAZBAM discord:

unknown.png

I am always confused when I do a google search on that.

Whatever I type in, I get pictures of both...

So which one is the one with the "closed" nozzle, not the "rods" on the outside?

Seems that would be the 220.

And 229 In my eyes looks like the "classic" F-15C Engine, which we have in DCS as well, right?

Always loved the more unusual looks of the 220, I guess it's not about looks :pilotfly:

Alias in Discord: Mailman

I am always confused when I do a google search on that.

Whatever I type in, I get pictures of both...

So which one is the one with the "closed" nozzle, not the "rods" on the outside?

Seems that would be the 220.

And 229 In my eyes looks like the "classic" F-15C Engine, which we have in DCS as well, right?

Always loved the more unusual looks of the 220, I guess it's not about looks :pilotfly:

The -220 and -229 both visually look the same at the back. The closed versions you see are export versions of the -15.

• 2 weeks later...
Any info about what kind of A-G radar functions we will get and how much detailed they will be?

Thanks

whatever it is certainly not worse than the APG73 radar

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I mean what kind of "in depth" we will hopefully get in regard of operating modes etc...

As much depth as the Harrier has with its various sensors, targeting systems, and mission computer. So barely any.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As much depth as the Harrier has with its various sensors, targeting systems, and mission computer. So barely any.

That's some BS, they can use ED's radar API for both AA and AG radar, so it should be pretty good they just have to intergrate it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey, couldn't find any answer on this..

According to Razbam there won't be an AI Jester, so how when you are playing SP will you be able to launch weapons and attack targets...?

You then have to switch seats mid-air and then who's flying the aircraft, or is there something i am missing...

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

Hey, couldn't find any answer on this..

According to Razbam there won't be an AI Jester, so how when you are playing SP will you be able to launch weapons and attack targets...?

You then have to switch seats mid-air and then who's flying the aircraft, or is there something i am missing...

I think you're compraing this jet with the F-14, the F-14 needed a backseater because you can't operate its sensors and most weapons from the front seat, however the F-15E doesn't have that problem because the idea of the Strike Eagle having 2 crew members is to reduce the workload on the pilot due to the type of mission that it usually flies. You can do everything from either seat with only a few bits reserved for each seat so you won't need a backseater AI at all. You'll be able to fly the jet on your own on SP

I think you're compraing this jet with the F-14, the F-14 needed a backseater because you can't operate its sensors and most weapons from the front seat, however the F-15E doesn't have that problem because the idea of the Strike Eagle having 2 crew members is to reduce the workload on the pilot due to the type of mission that it usually flies. You can do everything from either seat with only a few bits reserved for each seat so you won't need a backseater AI at all. You'll be able to fly the jet on your own on SP

Okay thanks, then no worries... :)

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

What would that be?

I know there is no HUD in the back (I assume it is available via repeat on a MFD/MFCD)

But apart from that, what is only available in the back seat and what is only in the front pit?

Alias in Discord: Mailman

What would that be?

I know there is no HUD in the back (I assume it is available via repeat on a MFD/MFCD)

But apart from that, what is only available in the back seat and what is only in the front pit?

From the top of my head and I'm not a SME by any means, I think gear and flaps for instance are only in the front cockpit while you can fly the plane itself from the back and in the back there's the TGP, Laser Arm and CMS switches that you need to flick on for the start but you can operate all those systems then from the front cockpit as well.