Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Server tonight crashed 3 times, 2 times in row just half hour after the reboot.

With these problem the lives are lost continously.

Strangly server crashed when the server was pretty empty (6 or 7 blue and 3 reds) but was stable when is full.

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Once the invisible units bug is fixed - it will go back to how it was before where mortars cannot capture :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

when fixed, will it be anit-tank OR standard, or will it be only one or the other?

Dear Admins,

For your incolumity, try to not change the map for at least 6 month, because I don't want to do that more than twice a year :megalol:

XYRyp8F.png

3TnV6DR.jpg

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

I'll try and fix tonight when I'm home.

That wall chart is awesome!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey guys, I'm new to the server and relatively new to multiplayer in DCS... I'm curious, isn't it possible to display the info that's on the gadget (web map) in the F10 map instead? Thanks!

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Hey guys, I'm new to the server and relatively new to multiplayer in DCS... I'm curious, isn't it possible to display the info that's on the gadget (web map) in the F10 map instead? Thanks!

Yes you can but then you'll know exactly where enemies and buddies are and this is not good.:music_whistling:

We (on blue) usually use markers on the map only to report active AOs but they're not permanent and also anybody can delete 'em

SILVER 11 | Dedde

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Yes you can but then you'll know exactly where enemies and buddies are and this is not good.:music_whistling:

I don't see enemies and buddies on the gadget... Am I missing something?

And if you can see them on the gadget... then you already know their position... so I didn't understand your point?

We (on blue) usually use markers on the map only to report active AOs but they're not permanent and also anybody can delete 'em

But the markers you place are only visible to your team, right? So I didn't understand your point here too...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

If you enter a JTAC slot (CA required I assume) you will see all the locations on the map. You can figure out the locations your side controls by whether or not there are friendly units around them.

Dear Admins,

For your incolumity, try to not change the map for at least 6 month, because I don't want to do that more than twice a year :megalol:

XYRyp8F.png

3TnV6DR.jpg

Cool as hell, dude!

You have a complete set of blue and red flag to put on? ;)

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

If you enter a JTAC slot (CA required I assume) you will see all the locations on the map. You can figure out the locations your side controls by whether or not there are friendly units around them.

But, even if I had CA, I wouldn't be able to see which locations are friendly when I'm in any aircraft...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

I don't see enemies and buddies on the gadget... Am I missing something?

And if you can see them on the gadget... then you already know their position... so I didn't understand your point?

But the markers you place are only visible to your team, right? So I didn't understand your point here too...

Ok... let's recap.

the positions you are ALLOWED to see in a normal slot (No GCI) are:

1)the GENERAL position of the airfields, Farps, fuelbases, samsites, and of which side they belong to (If they're red or blue) (ALL OF THIS FROM THE GADGET PAGE or a list of them sorted by PAK number in the comms menu, the one where you can contact ATCs)

2) Your aircraft's position (from the F10 MAP but not from the GADGET PAGE)

You CANNOT SEE neither in F10 map nor on the GADGET page the POSITION of the aircrafts (neither your buddies nor the enemies), nor the single position of every unit inside a Farp or airfield ecc... (there are many units on a farp and you can't see them).

GCI IS another story: for the gci the GADGET page works the same, but in F10 map he can see:

-The position of every allied unit, doesn't matter if it is a jet or a Sam on the ground

-The position of enemy planes or units on the ground if they match some Criteria that actually are a bit strange, (with gcis that mostly relies on the buddies aircrafts' radars to detect enemy planes).

About the markers, I am gonna give you an example:

I wanna mark on the F10 MAP every farp on the ground by placing a marker on its coordinates. Then, Gustave comes, open the F10 MAP, sees the markers and decide to delete them from the map. If gustave does so, all you coalition will no longer see the markers on the map, so it was a waste of time for you to place them.

With this example I explained you why they are not reliable.

If you have question or misunderstanding feel free to answer:thumbup:

SILVER 11 | Dedde

Cool as hell, dude!

You have a complete set of blue and red flag to put on? ;)

Ahahhaha. Not yet but I'm not happy with that, so here's my plan:

I am gonna build a TACBOARD.

I am gonna reprint the map on a single sheet that's 100cm x 50cm than I am gonna put it in a frame with a transparent plastic foil instead of the glass and then I am gonna put a steel foil behind the frame so that I can:

-place magnet with little red and blue aircrafts on the map and move them physically.

-draw with the special markers for whiteboards on the plastic sheet to draw barcaps lines and backup ones ecc... this is my DREAM. I'll keep you updated guys no worries :music_whistling:

SILVER 11 | Dedde

Ok... let's recap.

the positions you are ALLOWED to see in a normal slot (No GCI) are:

1)the GENERAL position of the airfields, Farps, fuelbases, samsites, and of which side they belong to (If they're red or blue) (ALL OF THIS FROM THE GADGET PAGE or a list of them sorted by PAK number in the comms menu, the one where you can contact ATCs)

2) Your aircraft's position (from the F10 MAP but not from the GADGET PAGE)

You CANNOT SEE neither in F10 map nor on the GADGET page the POSITION of the aircrafts (neither your buddies nor the enemies), nor the single position of every unit inside a Farp or airfield ecc... (there are many units on a farp and you can't see them).

GCI IS another story: for the gci the GADGET page works the same, but in F10 map he can see:

-The position of every allied unit, doesn't matter if it is a jet or a Sam on the ground

-The position of enemy planes or units on the ground if they match some Criteria that actually are a bit strange, (with gcis that mostly relies on the buddies aircrafts' radars to detect enemy planes).

About the markers, I am gonna give you an example:

I wanna mark on the F10 MAP every farp on the ground by placing a marker on its coordinates. Then, Gustave comes, open the F10 MAP, sees the markers and decide to delete them from the map. If gustave does so, all you coalition will no longer see the markers on the map, so it was a waste of time for you to place them.

With this example I explained you why they are not reliable.

If you have question or misunderstanding feel free to answer:thumbup:

Hey man, thanks a lot for the detailed answer... but I have to say... I already knew all of that...

That's why my original question was if the server could use the F10 map to show the info that's on the gadget, instead of using the gadget...Maybe I didn't phrase it very well on the other post...

Theres probably a reason why the gadget was chosen instead of the F10 map, but from my narrow view as a player only, it would be simpler to check the F10 map than to go to the gadget web page. Plus sometimes the gadget isn't working, as for example, right now...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

The gadget rarely doesnt work :)

Its fixed now.

It also allows us to show lots of useful information that F10 can't do - like the capture state of objectives - relative damage level, airframes, lat longs in different positions etc

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

there's something going on with I think the new thread management of the forum that now I see new messages being but before older ones ecc... WTF.

BTW, you can't place all the things you have in the GADGET page inside the F10 map because, in DCS, there's not an option like a permanent marker on the map that allows you to mark the farps.

Instead, there are the markers that the players can place, but as I've told u before, they're unreliable. So the only thing you can do to keep the FOG OF WAR is to differenciate between the F10 map and the gadget map :)

SILVER 11 | Dedde

@dedde01 and @Ciribob,

Thanks again for the explanations! That does makes sense... I hope ED one day implements those missing funcionalities in the multiplayer....

Until then, good job on the gadget and on the web site! I am really really liking to fly on the Blue Flag server!

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Once the invisible units bug is fixed - it will go back to how it was before where mortars cannot capture :)

Can we also revert to before the neutral mechanic? Being able to kill everything on a FARP in one pass and then have it not repair indefinitely is giving strikers way too much importance. Right now it's way to easy for a single A-10C to turn every FARP in a Pak or 2 neutral in a single server round, with no need to coordinate with helos and then blue gets to roll through with a single helo when there are no Red online later in the day. The numbers game plays heavily enough in Blue's favor, but their lack of coordination was what is giving Red some capability to fight. Forcing teams to coordinate with their helos makes captures more interesting and puts more emphasis on people actually flying and/or supporting the helos, which is what is desperately needed (usually see about 10:1 ratio of planes to helos).

TL/DR: Neutral mechanic makes the A-10C way too powerful and gives Blue a significant advantage despite the fact that they never run helos.

Hi,

Many guys ask, on the chat, for the rules about the blueflag server (freq, troop, task). It is possible to make an SOP update. Actualy, the pdf is about round 8 but we are on round 10 on gadget.

Thanks

Hi,

Many guys ask, on the chat, for the rules about the blueflag server (freq, troop, task). It is possible to make an SOP update. Actualy, the pdf is about round 8 but we are on round 10 on gadget.

Thanks

There will be a new SOP soon. It's being worked on.

Regarding neutral mechanic - it works both ways. If a bunch of farps get closed - they can also be recapped quickly if you don't work together and have CAP patrolling after destroying it.

The neutral mechanic is also needed for when we run an actual round - a lot of bases will start neutral and it'll be a mad scramble to cap as the first part of the round :)

Red also have the advantage in capping due to the speed of the Mi8 and even with this change, the map has yet to be won by either side.

The last major change we'll likely be making is moving mirage to red as well and it may then be one of the few available to both sides.

We also have an updated map with many more targets ready to go as soon as the patch comes out, hopefully this week.

Two things:

The reason the harrier is vtol is so it can launch close to the front lines. It would be very cool to have the harrier at more farps, because at the moment Sabuli and Ambrolauri is too far away and it kind of takes away the advantage of using harriers instead of non vtol strikers from airbases.

Second: Why do we still have to fly at noon in summer? Most people think 2.5 looks way better with more interesting lighting and at autumn/spring.

All in all I'm having a blast in blueflag 2.5 thank you very much for your hard work!

We also have an updated map with many more targets ready to go as soon as the patch comes out, hopefully this week.

You mean a patch for DCS and an update for Blue Flag this week?? Don't tease us like that!!

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far: