[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

It seems the campaign searches for "Saved Games \ DCS",not "Saved Games \DCS.openbeta".

Short term solution would be make a shortcut (better with symbolic link from mklink command) which symbolically links physical "Saved Games \ DCS" folder to virtual "Saved Games \DCS.openbeta"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/mklink

BE SURE TO BACKUP your saved games folder just in case

in the long term the campaign would be able to choose or prioritize which version to use eventually!

Thank you, with this solution i can try the campaign.

Few small issues:

-we captured Lar Airbase as Blue on Iran PG map but log said that enemy took control over the base. Other than that it was ok, on map we had control over the base.

-program doesn't exit gracefully after a mission or two is played. Just stops responding, i'm on W7.

-Ka-50 wingman skill is always average, regardless of setting

Edited by ziher

Hi, I'm playing version 2.0RC6 and whenever I try to generate mission I get following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "qt_ui\windows\mission\QMissionPlanning.py", line 142, in on_start

File "game\game.py", line 150, in initiate_event

File "game\event\event.py", line 126, in generate

File "game\operation\frontlineattack.py", line 77, in generate

File "game\operation\operation.py", line 133, in generate

File "gen\aircraft.py", line 313, in generate_flights

File "gen\aircraft.py", line 415, in generate_planned_flight

File "gen\aircraft.py", line 201, in _generate_group

File "gen\aircraft.py", line 180, in _generate_inflight

File "site-packages\dcs\mission.py", line 1161, in flight_group

File "site-packages\dcs\mission.py", line 1017, in flight_group_inflight

File "site-packages\dcs\mission.py", line 953, in _flying_group_inflight

File "site-packages\dcs\unitgroup.py", line 399, in load_task_default_loadout

File "site-packages\dcs\unittype.py", line 152, in loadout

KeyError: 'tasks'

Is there any workaround?

Edited by sirPecka

Hi! I want to try this mission generator soon and I was wondering: Is it possible to add the Supercarrier?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Hi! I want to try this mission generator soon and I was wondering: Is it possible to add the Supercarrier?

Hey Mate,

The supercarrier was already added by Khopa.

Find the latest release on this link:

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

You have to edit the file : "Scripts/MissionScripts.lua" and overwrite it by the content of the file : "<dcs_liberation_folder>/resources/Scripts/MissionScripting.lua", and then restart DCS.

However, this should be automatically done by DCS Liberation, but maybe it didn't figured out your DCS installation directory.

If you don't do this, the mission file cannot write on disk the status of the campaign for DCS Liberation to proceed. (This file contains info about the units/buildings that were destroyed during the mission, and base capture events.)

Maybe it is also because DCS was already running when you first launched DCS Liberation ? (Then the updated file would maybe not have been loaded by DCS world Lua engine and you would run into this error)

I think this only happens when I choose Tactical Commander role, instead of flying one of the missions myself.

When you get time, do you think you could add a new Blue faction?:

Bluefor 1977

F-5e, F-4e, F-14a, A-10a, sa-342M, AJS-37, UH-1

Thanks,

Edited by LazerPotatoe
added F-4e

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Hey Mate,

The supercarrier was already added by Khopa.

Find the latest release on this link:

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation

Oh buddy, you made me.the happiest man on Earth! Thanks a lot!

Also to Khope for this amazing piece of software.

Edited by Al-Azraq

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

I flew from the washington carrier. Great to hear that you add planned flights on the deck (I hope this doesn't ruin the framerates, don't know if there is a difference between actual AI flights and added A/C in the mission editor).

One thing left with SC then: I couldn't manage to contact tower and get a respond to "see you at ten" question when entering 10nm from the boat, so I can't comunicate with the tower.

I don't know how to set this up with the ME? Could you please have a look here?

2. One thing regarding performance: Best possibility is without ground-moving targets, then the performance is ok.

My idea would be to fly with setting "no ground moving targets" then after the mission switch to ground moving targets and skip this mission so that I get a progress - does that work?

When I set up fewer flights, does the enemy AI program do that too?

Really enjoying the campaign, makes DCS so much better. So huge thanks for creating this.

I play with a friend but, unfortunately, the performance is not great for him and unplayable sometimes. Any way to improve that. I am the host and it is ok for me. I saw the changes in the RC06 which I am using but cannot find the settings to disable smoke, artillery etc. Or do I change these when opening the mission in mission editor, just before playing? Wouldn't know where to look for those in ME.

Anything else I could do to try to improve performance?

I saw the changes in the RC06 which I am using but cannot find the settings to disable smoke, artillery etc.

Performance settings are here:

liberation_difficulty_settings.thumb.png.2a48fa2ab3ca37e605b0a7a8d4b13450.png

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Interesting. I checked this section before and only had supercarrier tickbox. Turns out I am not using R06 but R04. :D A link from forums or reddit must have taken me to R04.

Thanks, will see if that helps.

It is the best dynamic campaign I played this far.

Just a few questions:

Are there any plans to restore Interception, convoy strike, insurgent strikes, and naval strikes events? If no near-future plans, do you have ideas of how these will work against the current mission workflow? Maybe I try to implement it.

If I strike the enemy's assets and once I capture the base, is there is a way to restore these? are there any missions that involve helo's like MI-8 to build these assets again?

Thank you very much.

Solution: I missed adjusting the start time and just had to wait.

I think I'm doing something wrong. I went through and configured my first mission for an F18 flight off of the SC module. The mission file was created. I loaded it in the mission editor and launched the mission. The mission starts and prompts me to pick my slot (F18 or tactical commander). After selecting the F18 slot I'm not spawned into an aircraft.

I did notice that the F18 mission I selected was not set to occur for 52 minutes. The briefing says the start time is 17:00 and the mission starts at 17:00 when I load the mission. Do I need to wait until closer to 17:52 for the aircraft to spawn?

Edited by quyes

When I exit the mission I get the following mission script error and Liberation doesn't detect the mission ending.

[string "local jsonlib = [[D:\DCS Liberation Dynamic

Campaign\resources\scripts\json.lua]]…"]:24: attempt to index

global 'io' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

Campaign\resources\scripts\json.lua]]…"]:24 in function

'write_state'

Campaign\resources\scripts\json.lua]]…"]:61: in function 'f'

[string"--[--…"]:1534: in function 'onEvent'

[string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua":13:in

function <[string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua":11>

Edited by quyes

@quyes please take a look at this response to this error from khopa:

You have to edit the file : "Scripts/MissionScripts.lua" and overwrite it by the content of the file : "<dcs_liberation_folder>/resources/Scripts/MissionScripting.lua", and then restart DCS.

However, this should be automatically done by DCS Liberation, but maybe it didn't figured out your DCS installation directory.

If you don't do this, the mission file cannot write on disk the status of the campaign for DCS Liberation to proceed. (This file contains info about the units/buildings that were destroyed during the mission, and base capture events.)

Maybe it is also because DCS was already running when you first launched DCS Liberation ? (Then the updated file would maybe not have been loaded by DCS world Lua engine and you would run into this error)

@quyes please take a look at this response to this error from khopa:

Thanks Dan. I missed that reply from khopa in my searches.

I've compared the contents of <dcs>\scripts\missionscripting.lua and <liberation>\resources\scripts\missionscripting.lua, and they are both identical. I've also verified that liberation is rewriting <dcs>\scripts\missionscripting.lua each time I launch liberation.

Hi Guys, I am really looking forward for trying out this masterpiece. Actually i am running into the problem that I am unable to start Liberation 2.0RC6. Everytime I start liberation_main.exe the application loads for maybe 1 seconds and thereafter crashes. I am able to see the loading picture for a short second and then the application closes as like I haven´t opened it. There is no error log or something else.

As I did not find any similar here on this thread maybe you guys can help me out. I feel like I am missing something critical.

hm ok I already tried running it as administrator without any change.

I also tried to changed the whole folder location to the the desktop without any solve.

Seems very strange because Liberation 1.5 worked well from the beginning.

I also tried to changed the whole folder location to the the desktop without any solve.

Open command prompt and run exe from it. This will allow you to see error report in dos prompt window. Most likely it reports wrong path to DCS install.

Hi Guys, I am really looking forward for trying out this masterpiece. Actually i am running into the problem that I am unable to start Liberation 2.0RC6. Everytime I start liberation_main.exe the application loads for maybe 1 seconds and thereafter crashes. I am able to see the loading picture for a short second and then the application closes as like I haven´t opened it. There is no error log or something else.

As I did not find any similar here on this thread maybe you guys can help me out. I feel like I am missing something critical.

I had the exact same issue. It appeared my register entry pointed to the DCS openbeta folder while I am in fact running stable. Simply manually editing the correct path fixed everything. Simply do a search for DCS world and change that entry

You need to delete the 1.5 campaign saves in the saved games folder for the new one to work.

Edited by ccamillo

I already deleted the old files.

ok now its getting weird:

I really had an wrong registry entry that was pointing to my old HDD. I just changed the old to the new path. Still the same problem.

I did try to run the .exe with cmd and it still opens for a second and thereafter closes instantly without any error.

As it looks like the exe starts in the background I checked my tasks but there is no new opened task so it really starts and instantly closes the program.