F/A-18C Lot 20 Template Questions / Help

SkateZilla

Hello, i need help with the Bolter Numbers. I dont know if this is the proper tread, so excuse me if this is bad placed.

I made my first steps with livery making, but i cant figure out how to modify bolter numbers.

I search but cant find any tutorial, or post to shine some light.

it the numbers texture, just edit the texure

I know there is a lua, and i know how to activate or de-activate those bolter numbers.

But what i want is to edit the font, the size and move the bolter numbers.

Im trying to modify Spanish liveries to make the bolter numbers fit the real position on the aircraft. And make those dynamic.

You can't move them

IF you ask nicely enough the devs might make new locations..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

it the numbers texture, just edit the texure

You can't move them

IF you ask nicely enough the devs might make new locations..

Thx, i thought that you can. I will follow your advice, and ask nicely:thumbup:

I try before to change the .dds numbers texture, but all i came is with the old numbers layer and the new texture on top.

And i searched in the forum too, but cant find any answer.

This is a image to explain my issue, i have put the new number texture in red for better view. Its a dds DXT5 with an alpha

sPSjSDk.jpg

IIRC it was mentioned in one of the Hornet Press-Release YouTube videos that freely placeable bortnumbers are planned. But I could be mistaken.

Lets hope for that, to be true

Add an alpha layer.

Save as DXT1 with 1bit alpha.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

IIRC it was mentioned in one of the Hornet Press-Release YouTube videos that freely placeable bortnumbers are planned. But I could be mistaken.

I dont remember hearing that.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi all,

Some one knows why when i paint in red the F18, i have orange color in game?

It's down to the game engine lighting and also possibly due to your gamma settings being too high, try lowering them, everything on mine seems too "bright" also, I think my gamma is 2.2 .

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I am working on a skin and have a dilemma. My problem is that I am having a hard time orienting where things such as certain text, decals go. Is there any type of wire frame overlay or things of that nature to assist. I attempted to eyeball it but things do not line up perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | 32gb DDR4 | GeForce 3070 | TM Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswinds V2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am working on a skin and have a dilemma. My problem is that I am having a hard time orienting where things such as certain text, decals go. Is there any type of wire frame overlay or things of that nature to assist. I attempted to eyeball it but things do not line up perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The best way to orient myself for placing text, decals or the camo scheme correctly, are all the lines, rivets, strobe lights or USAF markings.

At the very top of the template you can find a wireframe that shows all the shapes and parts of the aircraft.

HI Guys. I am having a hard time locating the Cylindrical outer tail hook housing, and the launch bar. Also I can not seem to find where to mark on the sidewall of the tires, it almost seems like what I think is the tire skin gets overwritten with a default black rubber. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to find these in the template?

Thanks

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

Private skin for the squad fellows, quite straightforward with the template, THANKS :thumbup: .

S!

The bort numbers on the front, are they dynamic?

Los numerales del morro son dinámicos?

Y si es así como lo hiciste, me estuve peleando con una skin para mi ala. Los hice dinámicos pero el tamaño era pequeño.

Si me pudieras decir como te lo agradecería

Anyone know why I cannot mark up the sidewalls of the tires? I'm guessing that it has to to with the texture after blowing out tires, but seems odd that I cant get anything to transition over into the game model from the skin. (only on the tires)

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

The bort numbers on the front, are they dynamic?

Los numerales del morro son dinámicos?

Y si es así como lo hiciste, me estuve peleando con una skin para mi ala. Los hice dinámicos pero el tamaño era pequeño.

Si me pudieras decir como te lo agradecería

Nope, they aren't for this numerals AFAIK. I believe bort numbers are working in other skins, like USA ones, but these are only had crafted numbers set in every single skin (several skins were painted). Spanish default skins are also like that so I gave as a matter of fact no bort numbers are available here. Sorry.

Que yo sepa (tampoco lo he estudiado a fondo) sólo funcionan en ciertos skins, como los americanos. Estos están pintados a mano en cada skin, y hay varios skins con diferentes números por separado. Incluso los skins del EdA por defecto son así, así que di por hecho sin mirar más que aquí no están activos. Lo siento.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Anyone know why I cannot mark up the sidewalls of the tires? I'm guessing that it has to to with the texture after blowing out tires, but seems odd that I cant get anything to transition over into the game model from the skin. (only on the tires)

Tires have their Own texture,

need to add following to description.lua

{"f18c_wheel_101", 0, "f18c_wheel", false};
--{"f18c_wheel_101", 1, "f18c_wheel_nm", true};
--{"f18c_wheel_101", 2, "f18c_wheel_roughmet", true};
--{"f18c_wheel_101", 5, "f18c_wheel_damage", true};

{"f18c_wheel_102", 0, "f18c_wheel", false};
--{"f18c_wheel_102", 1, "f18c_wheel_nm", true};
--{"f18c_wheel_102", 2, "f18c_wheel_roughmet", true};
--{"f18c_wheel_102", 5, "f18c_wheel_damage", true};

{"f18c_wheel_103", 0, "f18c_wheel", false};
--{"f18c_wheel_103", 1, "f18c_wheel_nm", true};
--{"f18c_wheel_103", 2, "f18c_wheel_roughmet", true};
--{"f18c_wheel_103", 5, "f18c_wheel_damage", true};

Then Open the Default Texture for Tires in Photoshop,

There's a Row for Tread, and a Row for Side Walls of the Nose Gear and Main Gears,

attachment.php?attachmentid=187369&stc=1&d=1528820826

From Top to Bottom:

NOSE - LEFT SIDE, LEFT TIRE

NOSE - RIGHT SIDE, LEFT TIRE

NOSE - RIGHT SIDE, RIGHT TIRE

NOSE - LEFT SIDE, RIGHT TIRE

MAIN - RIGHT SIDE, LEFT TIRE

MAIN - LEFT SIDE, LEFT TIRE

MAIN - LEFT SIDE, RIGHT TIRE

MAIN - RIGHT SIDE, RIGHT TIRE

attachment.php?attachmentid=187374&stc=1&d=1528822362

1964826661_ModelViewer2018-06-1212-23-21-96.thumb.jpg.ab22fe6ceee2535730dec7a6006dfac1.jpg

F18C_wheel.thumb.jpg.77cb43465e8d045679e7b4c542d675aa.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thanks again Skatezilla, with your help I was able to make the exact tire I wanted for my Skin. Goodyear raised outline. Good Juju for you my friend.

xCWCAAl.jpg

Thoughts on where the default description.lau is? Hate having to use the Spanish skins .lau.

I would like to know too. I am looking for the lua that would match the template that was released. I tried to use others and the skin ends up being jacked up.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

HI Guys. I am having a hard time locating the Cylindrical outer tail hook housing, and the launch bar. Also I can not seem to find where to mark on the sidewall of the tires, it almost seems like what I think is the tire skin gets overwritten with a default black rubber. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to find these in the template?

Thanks

Tail hook I believe is on Map 1, Directly to the Right of the LERX Maps in the Upper Left Quadrant.

Thoughts on where the default description.lau is? Hate having to use the Spanish skins .lau.

I would like to know too. I am looking for the lua that would match the template that was released. I tried to use others and the skin ends up being jacked up.

Default Description or one w/ All Materials and you would need to comment out the maps you arent using?

Default Description or one w/ All Materials and you would need to comment out the maps you arent using?

Thanks! Where would I find the default LUA for this template? The template I got from EA has only 3 PSD files which translate to 3 eventual DDS files. My end skin is messed up so I am missing something. I can make F-15C skins without issue so my process seems to be sound.

Thanks again

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain