Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Did you move to another screen and/or enlarge your kneeboard?

I've never moved the kneeboard onto another monitor, maybe I'll give it a try.

Can't remember default size.

Here's what I have at the moment.

Screen_161120_181054.thumb.jpg.b54911ac2831d98dbc1fd415e6df0806.jpg

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

I've never moved the kneeboard onto another monitor, maybe I'll give it a try.

Can't remember default size.

Here's what I have at the moment.

I have a triple screen set up with an enlarged kb on the left screen. Even when I do the kb customising manually without using kb builder it still gives me IC no pass. I think any changes to the kb .lua files will now cause this no pass. Interestingly I've modded other .lua files and it doesn't cause an issue.

I was just about to dive into this pool when I see here that this is failing IC checks? Is this an issue for most or just a few? I don't want to spend 2 days scratching my head, thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I was just about to dive into this pool when I see here that this is failing IC checks? Is this an issue for most or just a few? I don't want to spend 2 days scratching my head, thanks.

New IC checks as of 1.5.4, Fakum. A lot of mods will currently fail the checks in MP. Seems up to the developers to engage in a long-winded "authorised mod" process.

Incidentally, this is part of the changelog for the latest internal build of uMFCD. I did not engage in the long-winded process:

* FIXED: UltraMFCD now passes multiplayer integrity checks.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Thanks, I updated to 1.5.5 the other day. Maybe I will wait on this to see if it gets resolved before I try and waste time tinkering with it.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Oh,, I totally understand that! As these more frequent updates occur,, more things are breaking. I have had a heck of a time trying to keep Helios alive on my PC. Some day the dust will all settle,,,,

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to update/install the latest version of KB but every time I go to start the program (with my desktop icon) it "encounters and issue" i.e. Kneeboard Building has stopped working ...

One time I got it to open so I could set the Preferences (as shown in your videos). But it never worked again after that (I installed to DCS Open Beta).

When I downloaded the installer, I saved it to a dedicated folder on a separate internal drive (where I keep ALL my DCS related stuff whereas DCS is installed in the Defaults on my C Drive).

I unzipped the installer to the same folder and sent the executable to my desktop.

I don't understand what's going on. I haven't done anything different from the first time I installed it (earlier version) which I unfortunately uninstalled prior to installing the latest.

Please ... any help will be appreciated. You are welcome to PM me if that is more appropriate.

Thanks in Advance

SnowTiger:joystick:

PS> I have tried multiple re-installs, and have followed the Trouble Shooting tips.

At best, I can get to the Preferences but then it crashes when pointed to the appropriate directory (OpenBeta).

I even ran an Update directly from the installation folder update.exe file which appeared to do an update ... still no joy.

I don't get it !

SnowTiger:joystick:

That sux! I cant help you as I have not even tried to install this until I know its going to work (as stated above) I will be watching this thread closely,,, I wish you luck,,,

Noob here. Every time I launch the kneeboard app, it immediately crashes. Looking for some guidance. Thx

Make sure that you have .NET Framework 4.5 installed on your Windows. Also you might need to run it with admin privileges (if the utility was installed on the "Program Files" folder).

I'd like also to give my thanks to the author of this Utility, it's been really helpful on my learning of each DCS module ... thanks a lot :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Did I miss the memo on this??? As far as I know, this does not work in Multiplayer as it does not pass Integrity check. I suppose if you wish to use it for single player missions, but is that that your intent when installing this? I ask because I still see people trying to install this and having some technical issues and I don't understand why you are trying to install it when you cant use it in Multiplayer?

IC is green for me. Also with the dynamic mission briefing and after modifying the "kneeboard settings" (position).

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

hmmm.. posts 575 & 576 for example state IC issues? Maybe its not across the board ? I have not seen any followups from those guys. thanks for the feedback though.

I also have no problems with IC. If some people do, I highly doubt it's due to this program.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

The only one significant issue that I've run into with this application is that using Dynamic Caucasus Beacons generates some empty kneeboard pages.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I've seen the tutorials on YouTube for this, as well as Bunyaps, but I think I'm missing something fundamental here. So before I install, I have the following question:

It does not appear to me that once I pull up the Kneeboard while in flight, that I can then select a "Category" (if you will)? In other words, lets say I import 15 pages of quick tip for example, each page has a specific procedure for a specific scenario, and then lets say I import a section of the flight manual that has say 30 pages, then say I also imported 10 pages of weapons specs for example. I don't see any TABS per say to click on that category only, it seems as though I would have to open up the kneeboard and keep turning though pages until I get what I want. Am I correct? Thank you,

Yes, No, Maybe ? :dunno:

Yes, No, Maybe ? :dunno:

Some modules offer a Kneeboard Shortcut keybind option.

Some don't.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Sorry, Im not following you? Im not looking for a method as to how to display the keyboard while in flight, then make it go away until needed again. I’m trying to find out if you bring up the kneeboard, can you have selectable tabs (or something) within Kneeboard builder to select the category in which you are trying to review the information you are looking for. E.G. Briefing or Weapons Specs or Etc,,,,,, OR is Kneeboard Builder designed in such a way that any PDFs you import, you simply have to bring up the Kneeboard builder and keep turning pages until you find what you want?

OR is Kneeboard Builder designed in such a way that any PDFs you import, you simply have to bring up the Kneeboard builder and keep turning pages until you find what you want?

Yes, that is pretty much how it works. No tabs for the categories you have in the kneeboard builder.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Yeah, I was kinda hoping I was wrong, because when you look at the tutorials, they show you how to make sub directories for like Flight Manual and other different topics. Right now, Im not quite seeing the point of that if its all eventually lumped together , outside of not mixing pages up?