I want DCS: Clown-jet aka as Folland Gnat

DmitriKozlowsky

If Circus Clowns, Lollipop Guild, and North Pole Elves had Air Force or Air Arm, it would be equipped with Folland Gnat. The MG Midget or Morgan Three Wheeler of jet aircraft.

Seriously, ever for British aerospace industry, which is odd, this type is crazy small. It looks like with pilot, , ejection seat (if it had one), and fuel, it is already at its max gw for T/O. Where is the rest of the aircraft?

The indians did ok with em against pakistan IIRC

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ah - happy days! I can still remember my first take-off, sitting in the front seat of a Gnat at RAF Valley. It was as though I was crammed into a goldfish bowl, and I clearly remember thinking “I am never going to be able to fly this”. Fortunately I did. Low level in the Welsh mountains was exhilarating!

CG was only a problem when, while flying a simulated hydraulic failure in ‘manual’, you retracted the gear while overshooting - very exciting. Everyone who ever flew the Gnat will know what I mean and at least 99% of those will have done it!

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old topic. According to my source the CG was not the root cause, but rather the small size of the horizontal stabilator, and for that reason it was very sensitive to CG changes. It also caused a necessity for a lot of trimming. After take off it had to be down trimmed very quickly to prevent it from pitching up and stalling. And it couldn't be rotated on take off if the trim was left in the same position as it was when landing. Can you confirm this flyco?

Old topic, and while maybe not the most sensible choice, I'd definitely take one on looks alone - it's like a baby Hawker Hunter.

It should be super simple to produce too, even for both major variants; the F.1 and T.1

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.