My Bug List so far

SUI - Mustang

Upfront: Absolutely outstanding module, BST! Love it to it's smallest details, way worth the wait!

So, since there's no real bug sub-section I thought I'd list whatever I find in bugs here. Some may have been reported already, I tried to read everything so forgive me if I have something doubled up.

(I was mech and maintenance on the Tiger F-5E in switzerland, thats where I get my sources of how it should be from. If i complain about something that is different in the moddeled version (there are so many and they are so similar) then just disregard it.)

- Rockets - Bomb Selector to Ripple = crash to windows:

When have rockets loaded and selected and I put the bomb selector knob to 'ripple' and press bomb release, the game crashes to desktop. Happened twice, should be repeatable.

- Gear movement after being destroyed:

When I watched my plane being shot down from F2 view, the gear was going in and out and in again on the falling wreck. There shouldn't be any hydraulics left for that :smilewink:

- Aim9 seeker head sound always audible even if station 1 and 7 are not selected. AFAIK only when the stations are selected and weapons armed it should be audible. (As experienced on weapon function control routine)

(^^ According to BillyCrushers find in the manual, this is not true. In my experience, after master arm on, no sound is audible untill station with Aim-9 is selected.)

- Aim-9 seeker uncage doesn't match up:

If the assigned joystick button is pressed, the uncage button in the cockpit on the throttle doesn't move, instead when 'pipper arrest' or whatever it is called in english (Lshift + C command) is pressed the uncage button moves in the cockpit. Function of pressing the uncage on HOTAS is still correct though.

- Pipper in HUD doesn't follow locked target when uncaged. This should be the case. (As experienced on weapon function control routine)

(^^ Explanation: When a target is aquired and the uncage is pressed, the Pipper including the Circle around it is uncaged as well, moving with the target. We tested this by shining a torch into the seeker head and in the cockpit we could see the pipper move in the direction that the torch was moved.)

- Gunsmoke deflectors should close 10 seconds after the trigger is released, not immediately. (As experienced on weapon function control routine)

- Nav lights in MP seem to be blinking irregularly on other players planes. (Might be lag)

- Nosewheels of other players in MP look gliched into the ground when they are not hiked.

- Radar Elevation Antenna Tilt control UP / DOWN is very sensitive, no matter which key or binding I use. (even scroll wheel) (ref. ApoNOOB)

- Rear/main wheels lock up way too easily when using the brakes (at very low speed, like 20 km/h) (ref. Juancio)

- Nose wheel turning is too sensitive. (ref. Juancio)

- During ejection, pilot punches out from the fuselage behind the cockpit, but not from the cockpit itself. (ref. Juancio)

- The landing light in VR is not merged or whatever- if you look out of only one eye the light source is really far to the side of the AC, and the other side is at the appropriate location. (ref. scudrunner)

(^^ Apparently this is a known VR bug with all aircraft)

- One currently can't assign the TDC to an axis (e.g. slew control). (Ref. Weltensegler)

- Gear warning comes on at a too high power setting.

According to the manual trigger RPM is 96% while in the sim it comes on just below 101% (Ref. bbrz)

- There's no "Single" folder in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Missions. Without this it's not possible to play new missions that we create for ourselves in the editor. (Ref. Foul Ole Ron)

- The AI F-5 can shoot aim-9 head on and they track, while they are only rear aspect for players. (Ref. Ktulu2)

- In the Training mission for Startup, when spooling the engines it tells you to put throttles into idle with wrong key commands. For the left it says 'Rshift + Home' but for me the default is 'Ralt + Home', for the right it says 'RCtrl + Home' when for me it's 'Rshift + Home'.

----vv- Have been reported somewhere else already -vv----

- Seeker of the Aim-9P-5 locks not on pipper location but slightly above, seeker area is super small and hard to get on target, especially when its not located on the pipper (Tried with Aim-9P, same problem).

- Smoke of the engines is a bit too strong in dry, too visible from far. Almost like a Su-25.

- Nosewheel should go in later after takeoff because it has to unhike first. I saw the replie, I only know it from the swiss F-5E Tiger II, there it goes in later.

- Wheel chocks still there when the canopy is open in multiplayer for other aircraft even if we ask to remove them. (Ref. PSV_Tango)

Edited by SUI - Mustang

My YouTube channel with tutorials and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DrfLPXfwn2Iy-iANeux8w :pilotfly:

System:

I7 3770K, Asus GTX970, 16GB DDR3, 2x250GB Samsung SSD, 46Inch LG TV main Screen, 2x 24Inch Samsung secondary screens, Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Flight Rudder Peddals Pro, TrackIR 5

- Rear/main wheels lock up way too easily when using the brakes (at very low speed, like 20 km/h)

- Nose wheel turning is too sensitive.

- During ejection, pilot punches out from the fuselage behind the cockpit, but not from the cockpit itself.

1. CTD on ripple- and I think also when I tried to use smoke.

2. The landing light in VR is not merged or whatever- if you look out of only one eye the light source is really far to the side of the AC, and the other side is at the appropriate location.

3. Buddy's airbrake showed down despite (supposedly) it being up. Not sure why it's down by default but no biggie (same irk with the Sabre).

- Moody

ADF does not seem to work.

Maybe someone can confirm this or I am utterly stupid and doing something wrong.

I use the UHF radio to tune in a known NDB frequency (at least one that is actually tuneable; I tried several in the 200 and 300 kHz range).

Set the UHF into ADF mode. Set NAV mode to DF.

Overfly the NDB and notice that the HSI shows no readout, independent of the actual range to the NDB.

- Deutsche Tutorials und DCS Gameplay: youtube.com/Rakuzard | raku.yt/discord -

Great module she is a dream to fly. one small thing I noticed was there is no R and L on engine and fuel gauges. I was trying to balance the fuel gages and couldn't see which was which,no biggie just thought I'd mention it

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there is no R and L on engine and fuel gauges.

I'm not quite sure what you mean with "engine gauges".

Core RPM, EGT and Nozzle Position are present for each engine (left and right) - there is no need for an "L" or "R" on the indicators itself, because the position of the gauge explains it: left Core RPM is for the left engine.

Fuel Flow, Fuel Quantity and Oil Press have two indicators, labeled with "R" and "L" for the respective engine (the indicators overlap in my screenshot, but you can see the "R" on each one).

attachment.php?attachmentid=144837&stc=1&d=1469242698

Screen_160723_045503.thumb.jpg.53feac3d84e757d9206a920f28010db5.jpg

- Deutsche Tutorials und DCS Gameplay: youtube.com/Rakuzard | raku.yt/discord -

1. CTD on ripple- and I think also when I tried to use smoke.

2. The landing light in VR is not merged or whatever- if you look out of only one eye the light source is really far to the side of the AC, and the other side is at the appropriate location.

3. Buddy's airbrake showed down despite (supposedly) it being up. Not sure why it's down by default but no biggie (same irk with the Sabre).

#2 isn't a problem specific to this aircraft. All of them are bugged out. Been reported already in the VR sub which is highly recommended if you haven't already been.

-Unless I missed something one currently can't assign the TDC to an axis (e.g. slew control).

[explained] -Need to reproduce if consistent but when one engine stoped (almost of fuel) my NWS stopped.

Fantastic module!!! :thumbup:Thank you Belsimtek!

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

When assigning a single key for throttle idle/off, the throttle moves to OFF (and engine shuts down correctly) but releasing the key, the throttle immediately moves back to IDLE.

I've found that this control is great for controls like the warthog throttle which has a lift out of dent control, I believe this is a constant switch, I.e the button must alway be on for the throttle to be open. Try just using the separate binds.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

Hello, amazing work BST simply love it!

If i can add a minor bug to the Mustang list.

- Wheel chocks still there when the canopy is open in multiplayer for other aircraft even if we ask to remove them.

Gruess

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Check known bugs in the changelog: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2850153&postcount=29

Known DCS F-5E bugs and inconsistencies:

• IDLE RPM (Thrust) vs altitude. IDLE thrust too big at altitude.
  • Damaged aircraft without one wing sink smoothly.
  • No spin after tail slide. According to TO, when tailsliding with pitch > 70 degrees the plane should enter inverted spin.
  • Choсks animation linked to canopy animation on net phantom
  • Turn perfomance at 5000ft. Sustained turn curve has no step on 330 KIAS.
  • No compressor stall and flameout.
  • Max lift g-loads. According to TO at 5000 ft and GW 13750 the F-5 can achieve 6.0 G at M = 0.5. In simulator the plane can achieve 6.6 at M=0.5 and 7.1 at M = 0.52.
  • Pitch down input is too abrupt due to absence of half of the axis. stick fwd movenent is less, than aft, but the scale of joystick-virtual stick is the same for aft and fwd movement.
  • Missing missile excess-G marker on LCOSS.
  • Gunsight mode A/A1 works incorrect.
  • AIM-9 seeker FOV is very narrow.
  • RWR sound issues. No sounds are present for new radar sources
  • Only one attempt to lock-on after ACQ button release in radar search mode.
  • Radar elevation controls stop working after target lock is broken.
  • Lock gate cannot be controlled after severl mode switches.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

There's no "Single" folder in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Missions. Without this it's not possible to play new missions that we create for ourselves in the editor.

Can workaround for now by manually creating our own "Single" folder and saving missions there. Can see F-5E then in the missions list.

- Pipper in HUD doesn't follow locked target when uncaged. This should be the case. (As experienced on weapon function control routine)

More description on this one is needed.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

ADF does not seem to work.

Maybe someone can confirm this or I am utterly stupid and doing something wrong.

I use the UHF radio to tune in a known NDB frequency (at least one that is actually tuneable; I tried several in the 200 and 300 kHz range).

Set the UHF into ADF mode. Set NAV mode to DF.

Overfly the NDB and notice that the HSI shows no readout, independent of the actual range to the NDB.

As I understand it the F5E ADF system is a UHF system so will only work with dedicated UHF NDB systems ....ones that have Mhz freq not Khz freq. UHF NDB's are far and few between. It wont work the usual NDB's in DCS that use Khz.

Another typical RL use is in a SAR type scenario. Assume the downed pilot is transmitting on his survival beacon on 243.0mhz. You would tune your UHF to 243.0mhz select DF then on the NAV control panel set it to DF. When the downed pilot transmits the HSI bearing needle should point to the pilot, but only whilst he is transmitting. You can actually triangulate a source by flying a constant heading and taking a series of running fixes :)

Edited by IvanK

When engaging AB's the hatch for the drag chute ignites as well. Looks pretty odd. attachment.php?attachmentid=144904&stc=1&d=1469310568

Screen_160723_234624.thumb.jpg.40f4259a8e7581ba53f7b8442416e2df.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Not sure if this is a HOTAS issue but when using the X-55 at least the UHF radio mic button doesn't work the same as with other planes such as the A-10C. When I use the keyboard command the switch goes in and out and I get the menu option. When I map the keyboard command to the hotas however it doesn't work - it's like it only half presses the button. To get it to work I had to make an advanced command in the Saitek software which simulated both the button being pressed and released. After that it works ok but I haven't had to do this for other planes so seems like a minor bug to me.

Exterior model in MP the turbine fans inside the intake do not spin when engines running

And oh god please less sensitive nws

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l