Documentation for the Hornet

Guest Guest

I bought the Hornet today in early access. Is it possible to get the documentation for the DCS Hornet before it is released? I'd like to be able to read up on the manual so I'm somewhat prepared to fly it when it is released.

Thanks to WAGS and the team for this wonderful addition, sadly the threads I would have liked to have commented have been closed, but I'm really pleased with whatever comes, couldn't draw a bolt on a PC myself, so in awe of your teams efforts. THANK YOU.

The link below can get you a real manual to your dropbox, I'm sure our aircraft will not 110% out of the box, but it'll be more than a couple of years before this old guy masters it. This just gives you a flavour of what the aircraft does, and we have to be happy with what ours does.

https://publicintelligence.net/u-s-navy-f-18-natops-flight-manuals/

Does anybody know where to find the NATOPS NFM-500 Pocket Manual for the F18C on the internet?

I downloaded the "big" manual on the link above called NFM-000 but I would like to have the pocket version as well for checklists but I cant find it.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Someone already shared it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3352657&postcount=8

Honestly I just want a manual that teaches me to fly the hornet as it is in game. The NATOPS manual is all a bunch of real pilot stuff that's way over my head and honestly I don't know how much of it will actually be applicable to the DCS Hornet. I'm sure you can break every one of the rules in the flight characteristics section in game and be just fine and if you aren't then just spawn again and learn from your mistake.

At a later time, will manuals in other languages ​​be released? If yes, which ones? Thank you.

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

Honestly I just want a manual that teaches me to fly the hornet as it is in game. The NATOPS manual is all a bunch of real pilot stuff that's way over my head and honestly I don't know how much of it will actually be applicable to the DCS Hornet. I'm sure you can break every one of the rules in the flight characteristics section in game and be just fine and if you aren't then just spawn again and learn from your mistake.

Take it as a placeholder ;)

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Would be nice to have key files before release..it will take some time to get my Thrusmaster up and running...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I noticed that to, it is not like the NFM 500 for the AV8B.

Hornet pilots must have a pocket guide for normal and emergency procedures in the cockpit right? Can that document have a different name than NFM 500?

I was a low power turn licensed maintainer on Hornets, the NFM-500 is the start up, flight, and emergency checklists.. That document is no where near complete. I had to use that checklist every time I did a LPT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess it should look more like this:

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0810/25/18-hornet-natops-flight-manual-pilot_1_2239645cd73ce73349d12ef5a7b2840e.jpg

I cant find a pdf of it though, would really like to have it.

That’s closer to what I used, ours was up to date so it would have been circa 2008. I think the problem might be if it was 18AC or 18AE. I can’t rmember for the life of me which one it was

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]