[Possible error] Incorrect position of intake ramps in level flight

So I've noticed that on the DCS F-15C the intake ramps are generally not deflected downward at all in level flight, something which seems contrary to the real aircraft where they always seem to be deflected downward slightly in level flight, and then ofcourse increase in downward deflection as the AoA increases such as in turns or very slow flight. In DCS however they only really deflect visibly downward in turns.

I'm struggling to find level flight pictures of the F-15 where the ramps aren't atleast slightly deflected down.

Can anyone confirm or debunk this as a real problem?

sharpeye-media.com-rainbow-canyon-4.jpg

F-15_Eagle1.jpg

Edited by Hummingbird

I can confirm that it is not a real problem. It's just graphical, and it's been there forever. There's no effect on the FM.

It would be neat to get it sorted but there are other things I'd rather see addressed first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I should've probably worded myself better as that's exactly what I meant, i.e. that it was a graphical/animation error, not something that actually affected performance or flight characteristics -

Anyway I do hope they fix it as it's a bit of an eye sore, esp. now that I know it's a geniune graphical/animation error.

The F-15 looks much nicer with them down too :)