Battle of Yocca Forest (UH-1H Campaign)

Hey guys, I've been working on the start of a Huey campaign for awhile now and I'm ready to share the first mission with the community. First off I want to give a special thanks to Datek for providing the voice overs for me. I sent him a PM and a script and later that day he sent me all the recordings. He also improved the script by making it sound more military. I truly appreciate it. They came out great!

This is my first full blown mission to release to the community so I hope you all enjoy and it works as intended. It is difficult, at least for me. To be honest I haven't even passed it yet. I was inspired to make some tight landing zone missions while listening to the audiobook Chickenhawk. So I made my mission in Nevada for the trees' collision models.

My plan is to do a campaign one mission at a time because of how long it takes me to make them with work and all. It will include sling loads, troop/cargo transport and gunship operations.

This mission requires: Complete_upuaut_Mods

Helipads_Cargo_RaceGates_Hospital_M117 1.5.3

Ranger79s Mod Pack 2.4.1

The attached files include the PDF briefing, the mission file, and the zip file is actually a Google Earth .kmz file. Just change the extension .zip to .kmz. This will show you force locations and briefing details in Google Earth. I hope you enjoy and I look forward to hearing your feed back.

EDIT: For some reason when I saved the Google Earth kmz file that I uploaded it only showed the FARP position in Google Earth. I just updated the dropbox file and the file attached to this post. Let me know if you can't see all the Army positions. You should see photos, the Chinooks Flight Plan, Artillery Fire Points, etc. all in Google Earth.

EDIT EDIT: As far as the photos go in Google Earth I was just playing around with it and just discovered that they are just linked by the files on my computer so you would have to link them to the images on your own computer. It was just something I thought was cool when I discovered it and they're just the images included with the package anyway. So if you click on the photo icons in google earth it will bring you to the the photo position but the image will not be there. :(

ADG1-1.thumb.jpg.03c88852c6e62a94e16d552102d1e6e1.jpg

ADG2-2.thumb.jpg.b8ecb962aaac2fb437e07ba1c8da6ce5.jpg

1814519416_CoyoteSpringsFarp-2.thumb.jpg.4982614bb403106454a28912e9920ad5.jpg

1709162931_DesertLakeFARP-1.thumb.jpg.783eaabd3dc7fa2d8a4c31d9400cc3f2.jpg

TDG-1.thumb.jpg.0adf7750257f79e9fc409f4ce7713125.jpg

TDG-2.thumb.jpg.cb17642de91fcb4ad618a818fa74c6c9.jpg

TT001 Briefing.pdf

Yucca Forest Troop Transport 001.miz

Yocca Forest Troop Transport kmz 1.zip

Edited by DarkCrow
  • Like 1

Because of track problems I decided to make my first youtube videos. I'm not the best narrator but the point of the videos are to show how the approaches are flown.

First Approach: [ame=

]
[/ame]

Second Approach: [ame=

]
[/ame]

Third Approach: [ame=

]
[/ame]
Edited by DarkCrow

• 2 weeks later...

OP - thank you for putting this together. Looking forward to a Huey/2.0 Campaign!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Looks promising and interesting, but I didn't get one thing. Where to meet up with the CH-47? I ended up flying alone to FC003. It anyway triggered the events and it was possible to continue the mission.

While reading through the pdf once again, I suppose I just found out the mistake. I didn't face West at the rendevouz point. I started and flew to the West. Must have been a language/understanding problem from my side... - I'll give it a try later ;-)

Edit: Works like a charm now ;-)

BTW, landing at FC001 is quite challenging. I managed to avoid the trees, but the chopper got declination when touched the ground too fast.

The idea with the pdf briefing is interesting and nice. Also the kmz file. However, it anyway would be nice to have the waypoints on the kneeboard as well IMO.

Edited by rge75

Looks promising and interesting, but I didn't get one thing. Where to meet up with the CH-47? I ended up flying alone to FC003. It anyway triggered the events and it was possible to continue the mission.

While reading through the pdf once again, I suppose I just found out the mistake. I didn't face West at the rendevouz point. I started and flew to the West. Must have been a language/understanding problem from my side... - I'll give it a try later ;-)

Edit: Works like a charm now ;-)

BTW, landing at FC001 is quite challenging. I managed to avoid the trees, but the chopper got declination when touched the ground too fast.

The idea with the pdf briefing is interesting and nice. Also the kmz file. However, it anyway would be nice to have the waypoints on the kneeboard as well IMO.

Good suggestion about kneeboard waypoints. I'll also have to add an additional flag true or false so fc003 doesn't trigger unless first conditions are met. Ty for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this SP or MP, desperately serching for coop helo supply missions for 2 - 3 pilots.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 5 months later...

After over a year, I re-tried this mission again. I simply wasn't able to do it with a year (not enough skills/practice to land in the forest). Looks like I improved my hovering and landing skills over time :-) I must say, my landing was not that impressive like in your video. In other words, I went into a hover first and landed carefully.

There was no cell tower when I approached LZ2 though. Does it need a mod? Anyway, it was still possible to do the mission.

Just wondering if you're still working on the campaign or if the project has been abandoned?

Battle of Yocca Forest (UH-1H Campaign)

a32418c6bc9e19dc1e629635cea84ac7.jpg

I'm on that tower right now

It's a upuat mod that comes with the tents and stuff.

I'll do missions here and there but a campaign will be hard right now with work. Check out my other one Assassination.

P.s. Assassination doesn't need any mods and ignore the F10 other radio menu until I remove that.

Edited by DarkCrow

It doesn't look like Nevada though? ;-)

I just checked and I had Complete_upuaut_Mods and Ranger79s Mod Pack 2.4.1 enabled in JSGME, so I have no idea why it didnt' show up.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion of the Assassination mission. I found it on the forum and I'll give it a try.

Lol, Maryland. Hmm maybe there was a change to the mod not sure.

That's cool that your skills have improved to get into the Landing zones. There are some tight spots in Assassination as well but not as bad.