What Will be Done About the F-5's Cockpit?

Magic Zach

The F-5's cockpit is still old, graphically. There's not even a normal map, there is weird lighting in the pit, from the sun somehow shining through the cockpit walls, and the roughmet not including a blue channel for metal. The diffuse still even has baked on shadows. The KA-50's and A-10's cockpits are really old, and they're getting a major overhaul, which is absolutely epic! The F-5 isn't as old as either, and is still more up to date. But still, the F-5's cockpit can make the brain trip when going from looking outside at the beautiful scenery, to inside at the very flat interior. It makes the F-5 feel very disjointed from the rest of the sim.

I can't/don't know how to even retexture the cockpit properly myself, without any normal maps to work with. If anyone knows how to add a normal to the F-5's pit, please let me know how!

Can Eagle Dynamics please give the F-5 an update? Even just a normal map would be great.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

The F-5's cockpit is still old, graphically. There's not even a normal map, there is weird lighting in the pit, from the sun somehow shining through the cockpit walls, and the roughmet not including a blue channel for metal. The diffuse still even has baked on shadows. The KA-50's and A-10's cockpits are really old, and they're getting a major overhaul, which is absolutely epic! The F-5 isn't as old as either, and is still more up to date. But still, the F-5's cockpit can make the brain trip when going from looking outside at the beautiful scenery, to inside at the very flat interior. It makes the F-5 feel very disjointed from the rest of the sim.I can't/don't know how to even retexture the cockpit properly myself, without any normal maps to work with. If anyone knows how to add a normal to the F-5's pit, please let me know how!

Can Eagle Dynamics please give the F-5 an update? Even just a normal map would be great.

+1

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

DCS F-5E

Corrected some cockpit materials: radar indicator, gunsight glass, pilot textures.

From open beta patch this week..looking much better:thumbup:

Can you show it?

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

The F-5's cockpit is still old, graphically. There's not even a normal map, there is weird lighting in the pit, from the sun somehow shining through the cockpit walls, and the roughmet not including a blue channel for metal. The diffuse still even has baked on shadows. The KA-50's and A-10's cockpits are really old, and they're getting a major overhaul, which is absolutely epic! The F-5 isn't as old as either, and is still more up to date. But still, the F-5's cockpit can make the brain trip when going from looking outside at the beautiful scenery, to inside at the very flat interior. It makes the F-5 feel very disjointed from the rest of the sim.

I can't/don't know how to even retexture the cockpit properly myself, without any normal maps to work with. If anyone knows how to add a normal to the F-5's pit, please let me know how!

Where and when was that announced ? I don't mean to hijack the thread but would appreciate the link as I'm looking into buying a helicopter soon.

Cockpit. 3D model, and t-maps are all fine in F-5E

I dunno what you'all are bitchin around. F-5E as it is is just fine, and as it should be. It flies great, looks great, fights great. No it is not a night or low viz attack aircraft. Yes, an F-5EM, or M update would be excellent. But then it would not be F-5E it would be something else. On my rig, of DCS level modules, F-5E has highest FPS at 2560X1440 @144mhz, and is most stable.

I dunno what you'all are bitchin around. F-5E as it is is just fine, and as it should be. It flies great, looks great, fights great. No it is not a night or low viz attack aircraft. Yes, an F-5EM, or M update would be excellent. But then it would not be F-5E it would be something else. On my rig, of DCS level modules, F-5E has highest FPS at 2560X1440 @144mhz, and is most stable.

We are not bitching, we are just saying critically that the F-5 cockpit looks a bit flat compared to the new cockpit releases. And that it is not on par with the latest DCS graphics.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

F-5 cockpit looks totally fine to me? Its literally a FLAT panel of gauges and a radar display. Nothing glamorous. Seems to look exactly like attached pic of same model. post-300-0-78941000-1356641216.jpeg.f1ccc084623eb8ca0c18c30cef25240d.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf