Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the "mini-stick" the enhanced/more realistic replica of the WH TDC Slew nipple? Probably a stupid question but just wanted to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a proper analog stick rather than the slew stick found on the TMW.

We still get an early bird discount if we order (in the right time window) the mini stick version though, right? :joystick:

Z...

The existing owner discount will apply to both versions of the MT-50 Throttle.

I'm confused, there are going to be 2 versions of the throttle?

Yes - an analog stick version and a 4-way+push version.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this throttle already available, Cyph3r?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Is this throttle already available, Cyph3r?

We're aiming to release the MT-50 Throttle in December, but nothing set in stone yet :)

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah me too, I say bring it on baby!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Another related question.

There was mention of getting a 15% discount on the throttle, if we've already bought the joystick.

What about the other way around? i.e. if I buy the throttle first, THEN the joystick, would I still get the same discount (i.e. 15% of the price of the throttle)?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hmm not sure how long it has been showing this, their product page is showing the throttle being available on 12/10/2017...

https://virpil.com/en/shop/see-all/vpc-mongoost-50-throttle-vpc

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Basically, if the analogue mini-stick is better than the crap on the TMWH, I might have to switch :) Although thumb would be weird...

Yup, can't deal with a thumb mini-stick, so I'm out for now. Praying VKB doesn't do the same because then I'm really screwed.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yup, can't deal with a thumb mini-stick, so I'm out for now. Praying VKB doesn't do the same because then I'm really screwed.

Oddly, I am the opposite. Finger mini stick would be odd... Because I'm used to the CH Pro throttle.

Honestly, you'll adjust. The "I wont change because it's different" attitude would have kept us in caves without fire, if every one thought that way.

I also have the Warthog throttle, and can adjust to a finger ministick, except the nipple is a poor implementation for space sims - too hard to get fine control.

Z...

Oddly, I am the opposite. Finger mini stick would be odd... Because I'm used to the CH Pro throttle.

Honestly, you'll adjust. The "I wont change because it's different" attitude would have kept us in caves without fire, if every one thought that way.

I also have the Warthog throttle, and can adjust to a finger ministick, except the nipple is a poor implementation for space sims - too hard to get fine control.

Z...

Yeah, I could adjust, I just don't want to.

I plan to buy the grip of all of the planes I'll fly (Hornet, Tomcat, Harrier, Warthog, Eagle/Strike Eagle, Falcon/Viper -- which can be achieved with just 3 grips) and rotate the grip to the particular plane I'll be taking in to the air...so, I don't want a throttle with a ministick that's nothing like the real thing in any of those planes. None of them, except the Harrier which has an extraordinarily odd throttle grip, have a thumb ministick. The thumb is for comms. I'll wait and find something more true to the real thing for the planes I'll be flying.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

make a small display next to all buttons that blends in nicely so u can name the inputs mapped to your liking. we all have multiple or loads of modules and its fairly hard to memorize all key binds of them. if u could read what the buttons do - that would be absolutly perfect!

PLEASE!

Edited by rogonaut

Yeah, I could adjust, I just don't want to.

I plan to buy the grip of all of the planes I'll fly (Hornet, Tomcat, Harrier, Warthog, Eagle/Strike Eagle, Falcon/Viper -- which can be achieved with just 3 grips) and rotate the grip to the particular plane I'll be taking in to the air...so, I don't want a throttle with a ministick that's nothing like the real thing in any of those planes. None of them, except the Harrier which has an extraordinarily odd throttle grip, have a thumb ministick. The thumb is for comms. I'll wait and find something more true to the real thing for the planes I'll be flying.

That's fair enough, sounded more like you didn't want to try it out of habit, rather than the authenticity route - respect.

Z...

Once the Christmas and new year spend is over.... this base unit is mine!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

► VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Update

VPC are continually pushing our desire to work as close as possible with the community to create the products that everyone wants to see.

MT-50_Throttle_Post01.jpg

It’s been made very clear to us that a high quality, multifunctional throttle unit is one of the community’s most anticipated products. As such we’ve realised our responsibility to provide our customers with a product that best meets their expectations.

We’ve been carefully reviewing the requests we received after our new VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle design was revealed, which led us to swapping a toggle switch for a 5 way mode toggle. This further increases the programmability found in the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle.

We had also noted a very large number of requests for LED lighting on our throttle. Due to this, we’ve decided to redesign the housing, faceplates and electronics to accommodate the community’s desire for programmable LED lighting!

To facilitate these large changes to the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle, we hugely regret that the target release date is now postponed until Q1 2018.

Updates including demonstrations of the LED lighting system will be revealed in the near future, along with confirmed release dates.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to provide feedback and suggestions on the design of our products!

Stay tuned for further updates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really hope you will also have time to review the possibility of an index ministick as opposed to a thumbstick, for the reasons others have explained above.

If not at the initial release of the throttle it would be great to later have the possibility to get a version with an index ministick, seeing as I find the thumbstick to be somewhat of a weird flaw on an otherwise great looking throttle. :)

Regards and many happy landings! :pilotfly:

I really hope you will also have time to review the possibility of an index ministick as opposed to a thumbstick, for the reasons others have explained above.

If not at the initial release of the throttle it would be great to later have the possibility to get a version with an index ministick, seeing as I find the thumbstick to be somewhat of a weird flaw on an otherwise great looking throttle. :)

Strangely enough, I cannot stand the index ministick on the TMWH. I find the thumbstick on my X-55 soooooooooo much better. And it has got nothing to do with the button quality, it is all about relative dexterity of the thumb in horizontal position vs. index finger in the curled over position. So much more control, comfort, precision, etc.

Having said that, I've come to be adjusted enough to the TMWH throttle index stick so as not to worry about it too much, though I still prefer a thumb stick.

All this goes to show:

(1) different strokes for different folks

(2) in practice, either works, so we can get used to whatever comes our way

:)

I would also much prefer an index finger stick, it leaves my thumb free to hit all the other buttons on the side at the same time.

I would also much prefer an index finger stick, it leaves my thumb free to hit all the other buttons on the side at the same time.

There is no disputing that everyone's preference is individual, and I am not going to try and convince you otherwise ... but I do feel compelled to point out that a thumb stick in no way precludes you from (comfortably/easily) hitting a whole bunch of other switches with your thumb --- including multiple hat switches, multiple multi-stage push buttons, multiple rotaries etc.

saitek-pro-flight-x55-rhino-h-o-t-a-s-system-usb-pc-438025.4.jpg?o2t376

The Saitek X-55/56 is a POS in terms of build quality, but in terms of ergonomics, it is a universe and a half ahead of the TMWH IMHO ...

This looks very much like the perfect HOTAS for me, but especially after VAT and delivery is added, it's far above my price range.

The problem is that there aren't any decent HOTAS in the mid-range bracket any more. I need to sell my X56 (which I really like) due to health issues, but I am really struggling to find anything to replace it with. The lower end stuff are like toy joysticks (right up to, and imo including the X52) and then there is nothing up to the top of the range stuff.

OK, I have a VKB Gladiator as a spare - but that's no good for modern aircraft systems control in VR.

The market could really do with some decent HOTAS systems at around the $200 mark. (so about £160-£200)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2