• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send me a track file and we can look at it to see what's happening

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Server-side .trk or client-side one?

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Both please if you can :)

Copy that, I'll do my best to provide or replicate the issue. Our lead Harrier pilot is eager to get them fixed. Thank you for the statement, it really means a lot to us.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Copy that, I'll do my best to provide or replicate the issue. Our lead Harrier pilot is eager to get them fixed. Thank you for the statement, it really means a lot to us.
No problem

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Send me a track file and we can look at it to see what's happening

While you're at it, you might like to report on my track file, you said you required.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

OK.

Thanks for the finest representation of a Harrier, The World has ever known.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

It was released before DCS World was even a thing. It was a standalone sim released after the Black Shark 1. It was feature-complete on release, mainly because it was released on physical DVD media. It had a complete manual, training missions and campaigns. So, yeah...

Yes, I have both from about 2008.

You say, not 5 years. What I'm trying to get at is how long from start to finish.

The Harrier has been about 3 years in total, to its present state.

Edited by Holbeach

Yes, I have both from about 2008.

You say, not 5 years. What I'm trying to get at is how long from start to finish.

The Harrier has been about 3 years in total, to its present state.

It wasn't an Early Access release. We did not pay for anything in advance. This is a key difference.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Ever worked in sales? ;)
Actually yes. I didn't like the attitude and false promises towards customers to sell, just to meet objectives and required margin.

Quit that particular job quickly...

I am aware not every sales job is the same and encountered sales and pre-sales with a great attitude, fair and reasonable, as well.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Look, bro. I still have my DVD here. It worked, it flew, it didn't constantly CTD. I completed the campaign using all the main weapons which were modelled immediately on release. No bug-ridden EA JDAMs. We're talking Harrier vs. properly released module here. Why should I compare it to other wrecks like the MiG-21?

C-101, by the way, is slowly being done without any ambitious plans for new modules. They just WORK. And don't hype on the F-15E fame like RAZBAM do. And for that alone, they deserve respect. I actually started flying the C-101 recently. It even has a working (albeit glitchy) multicrew.

Still it has bugs and stuff never fixed or modeled in 10 years, as these aren't critical to enjoy the module.

Snoopy just listed some stuff to "fix" in the next A-10C Upgrade...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4167884

It isn't specific to the Harrier or any other modules to have bugs over a long time...

When comparing the JDAMs, keep in mind that the JDAM in the A-10C is not exactly "complete", that is why it has half the options (terminal parameters) missing, can be reset in-flight from the MFD and has "only “ TOO mode... AGM-65E (laser MAV) wasn't cleared at that time so is missing, etc.

Now, with ED and Razbam doing a complete rework of the JDAMs, including realistic alignment, modes and terminal guidance, you guys are comparing apples and oranges. :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Still it has bugs and stuff never fixed or modeled in 10 years, as these aren't critical to enjoy the module.

Snoopy just listed some stuff to "fix" in the next A-10C Upgrade...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4167884

It isn't specific to the Harrier or any other modules to have bugs over a long time...

When comparing the JDAMs, keep in mind that the JDAM in the A-10C is not exactly "complete", that is why it has half the options (terminal parameters) missing, can be reset in-flight from the MFD and has "only “ TOO mode... AGM-65E (laser MAV) wasn't cleared at that time so is missing, etc.

Now, with ED and Razbam doing a complete rework of the JDAMs, including realistic alignment, modes and terminal guidance, you guys are comparing apples and oranges. :dunno:

You're joking, right? The A-10C is the golden standard of DCS and is the most polished aircraft in DCS. There are bugs and then there are regressions.

I am comparing working JDAMs with CTDing JDAMs. I'd like the former over the latter.

Placeholder-free avionics are critical for some in a modern aircraft laden with MFDs.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Actually yes. I didn't like the attitude and false promises towards customers to sell [...].

Exactly my point :music_whistling:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I revisited the harrier this week (including JDAMs) thanks to the GR vids and redike's and Chuck's guide. I got to a point where I'm combat ready (That's talking about my DCS servers and missions, won't be that IRL,that would take a big NATOPs manual and 300 coffees hehe) and I gotta say it's pretty easy. In fact, I remembered much harder to learn but after a Tomcat or Jeff every module is pice of cake.

Regarding issues,in almost 20/30 hrs of using it, never had a single CTD. Everything performed as it should.When it wasn't performing as it should most of the time was my own fault.The only issue I had was using the TGP, I think I slaved the tgp to a WP and it bugged out or something and then I could not slew it. But I will be using more this module so I can check if there is bugs or something.

My own opinion:

-Controls and binds: Not a single problem. Very easy to bind. But I think you guys at Razbam need to include some profiles for different setups. I think none of your modules have them and it's a shame. T16000,x52/56 and warthogs should have their profile. Most ppl don't know there are such a but ...

-Cockpit: All readable and nice modeled. Not a single problem using it in VR. In fact, it's incredibly good. Every number or gauge is readable. But on my Rift S, using a pixel density of 1.5, it's hard to read the MPCD's sub-menus names. I have to lean and get my seat closer.

-Start Up: So easy. If you want a module easy to get from cold start to ready to go. This is your module. The INS thing. Sorry, I like the pre align thing. It's a feature I use, don't see the point of waiting 15min to get proper align.But that's my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I've seen ppl doing the engine run up at the runway entrance, but this is DCS not real life, you won't get any benefit from some of the IRL procedures. In fact, windsocks are 2d textures and I doubt the even show the 5kts steps. Won't arrive late to a dinner for that.

-Sounds: I'm used to hear the Harriers spool up and taxi since they stop here when we have el Dia de la Hispanidad. Sounds are spot on.

-Take off and landing: Is very easy but hard to master. VSTOL (in particular landings) are awesome. If you are light enough you can practice a lot of VSTOL. Even a nose up hover. The engine is very powerful. Will get you out of trouble pretty fast. And don't know if that is modeled or not but hot gas ingestion is a thing.

-Flight: For me, the roll rate feels very fast. I'm not a Harrier pilot, but for me, felt little fast. Other than that. It feels very good. Draggy when you fill up with tanks and ordnances.

-Sensors: Nav flir on the hud is awesome. DMT and TPOD are very easy to use. For some reason I thought DMT was useless but I was very wrong, I started to use a lot and is quite easy to use if you don't wanna carry a TPOD.

-Weapons: As a full fidelity module, it has a large range of weapons but air to ground is your main task,and for me, those are very easy to practice. Don't get into the JDAMs straight on. Just practice every single method (CCRP,CCIP...) and then go for the guided bombs. As for myself, it was very easy to get used to but coming from other modules like F18C or A10C.

In a 30' you would be dropping some JDAMs.The F10 thing to add WP make them very easy to use. And the Sidearms (Air to Surface Anti Radiation Missile) are so easy to use that I don't know why I wasn't using them. I had to readjust my SEAD missions now. Also as a platform, you can carry a huge amount of weapons.

-RWR: Standard signal strength priority but when I have it on the HUD I prefer this over the F18c hud-rwd display.

-Expendables: Very easy to manage.You can change the CHF and FLR programs from the ufc. Nothing fancy. I think you can set it up via the kneeboard but don't remember that.

-Jammer Pod: As far as I know DCS only emulates noise jamming but this here is very traight forward (just a knob) and some differents modes.And I think it saved my life quite sometimes. But don't rely on it.

-Radios: Nothing to mention. Did not used it too much.. But, please Razbam, change that bad 2D texture on top of the radio and the KY-58. In VR is very very bad. Very noticable.

-Navigation: One of the best moving map I've seen. (The best here is the Jeff's sorry). Different types of steerpoints that will help you to navigate or employ your weapons.

Waypoint navigation is for my, a bit odd. I'm so used to follow flight plans,and using waypoints in sequences. I'd love to see this in the Harrier. But if you are used to get to the wpt following the hud and not your HSI that will be easy. You can move the waypoint with the TDC which is awesome. You can create mark points while overflying,and create target points using the velocity vector wich is very easy.

But, as it is a ground attack aircraft, I would expect to be able to create a target point from the EHSD with the tdc,not only pointing my nose to the enemy. I'm doing mostly CAS and that's what I missed the most comparing to a A10C for instance. Don't know if the real one those it.

Also, the ILS (AWLS) & tacan system are there. AWLS will make you save a lot of time since you won't have to be setting the radios and all the that. (Kind like the JF17 and that's awesome)

-Autopilot: You have pitch attitude hold, roll attitude hold, and heading hold. Also you can set the altitude hold. Easy to understand and easy to use.

-Air to air refueling: If you're new to AA refueling, this will be very hard. A bit hard if you are used to see the probe. Also, take into account that if you refuel from a KC130 for instance, don't place it 25k feet, you'll be very high and slow, your moving surfaces will be less effective and you'll find on a PIO very quickly.That will work with almost any aircraft.

And nothing else to say. It's been a fun week. And definitely will be using the Harrier a lot.

Is it worth half off ? For me, even full price.

Edited by ECTAE

I got it in the sale and i'm having a blast with it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

I got it in the sale and i'm having a blast with it!

Just never read a tacman or natoops and you'll stay happy.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just never read a tacman or natoops and you'll stay happy.

Ignorance is a bliss...

I am happy for Harrier so far, yes it is missing many things and I am waiting them, but I know far less that what is missing than what isn't.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Its not so much about what is missing and what not, its more about how all those missing, wrong implemented and bugged things are handeld by Razbam. People are upset because bug reports are ignored since years, reports about wrong implemented things are ignored and finaly, that the Harrier is regulary abandoned because work is done on other things.

I know, if you are new to the Harrier, you'll have a blast with it. I had also. But as soon as you start to dig deeper and not only scratch the surface, you'll realize what is going on.

However, Razbam made a very clear statement which said that they will complete all existing modules before they'll touch any new ones.

Let's see if they stick to their word. If so, we'll gonna see a lot of updates, bugfixes and improvements over the next weeks and months to the Harrier.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

-Jammer Pod: As far as I know DCS only emulates but here is very traight forward (just a knob) and some differents modes.And I think it saved my life quite sometimes. But don't rely on it.

And nothing else to say. It's been a fun week. And definitely will be using the Harrier a lot.

Is it worth half off ? For me, even full price.

Jammer pod results, for your pleasure:-

Waypoint launch distances. All flights are Harrier, S & L, full power and direct. ECM pod on RCV.

Harrier. Moskva, SA-10B (should be SA-N-6) Grumble.

41300' Av/Ex, 40.3 nm.

26000' Av/Ex 35.3 nm. (ECM 28.0 nm).

6000' Av/Ex 29.0 nm. (ECM 23.0 nm).

Therefore, Average and Excellent skill are identical. (ECM on, in brackets). Different skill sets, are relate to reload times.

50'................No launch.

Su 34, distances were slightly longer, about 2 nm.

Harrier / Pyotr Velikiy. 40000' 85 nm.

(Note P.V. SA10-N-6 Grumble, 69 nm. Interestingly, When attacking the Pyotr. V. from a longer range, (100 nm), it detected and fired the shorter range, SA-10B Grumble at 40 nm. I've never seen this before and it shouldn't have this model.

SA-N-6: 69 nm. (ECM 32 nm).

SA-10B: 39 nm. (ECM 25 nm).

Flying against a SA-11 set from 40000' and 80 nm.

Launch at 21 nm.

With ECM on, launch at 12 nm.

Missile can also be made to destruct by turning on ECM after launch.

Harrier v SA-15 solo. (Adding search radar made no difference).

30000' No launch.

10500', 30 nm, launch at 8.7 nm. With ECM 5.0 nm.

SA-10B Grumble, land template.

40000'. Launch at 40.0 nm, With ECM, 29.5 nm. Turn on ECM ater launch. 1st missile destruct 2nd missile missed. Handy to know, if you want to deplete stock before using chaff.

SA-8.

10500'. Launch. 7.5 nm.

460'. Launch. 7.2 nm. (ECM 3.9 nm).

SA-2 combo.

50000' Launch, 25 nm. (F-15).

40000' Launch, 34 nm. (ECM 21.0 nm).

30000'Launch, 25 nm. (ECM 16.0 nm).

10000' Launch, 19 nm. (ECM no launch / 6.5 nm).

1000' Launch, 8.0 nm (ECM 6.6). KILL. This is the only way to get killed. Head on straight into its face.

500'. No launch.

You don't need any countermeasures with this one, it will never hit you. Missile will always pass behind on a lag persuit. Devs say, it's working as intended.

Found a plane it can kill. A-10 is slow enough for it to get near enough for the proxy fuse to go off, but not in a crossing situation. Load the Harrier with a decent weight to slow it down and it might have a chance. Pity such a good looking rocket, has such poor performance in DCS, despite having a huge number of kills IRL, maybe more than any other SAM in history. It had a huge damage blast radius, which increases with altitude, something that is poorly represented in DCS.

SA-3 combo.

30000', Launch, 12.0 nm, (ECM 11.2).

20000', Launch, 12.3 nm, (ECM 11.4).

10000', Launch, 11.0 nm, (ECM 10.2). These were all much less distance than I expected, with the ECM making the least difference of all of them.

Conclusion: ECM makes a big difference, with reduced detection and launch ranges in every case so far. Take a pod if you want an easier life.

I'll be using it for sure! ;-)

It works well for the harrier. I just wish there was some actual documentation on it and other EW jammers in game rather than having to do the testing ourselves.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).