DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I cant make SR work. I use it with FC3 aircrafts and SR radio stay always in unkown with non Freq shown. I erased all the .lua were not SR related, I erased the line of SR in export.lua, then made a clean install. I never got SR work. I was connected to a server with the same version, the last one.

This work for FC3?

Backup your export.lua and then delete it from saved games. It sounds like you have other stuff in your export which might conflict so try it reinstall from a clean slate and it'll work.

You can then add back in your other exports and see which one breaks it.

If you have aries, tars or any other radio mod installed it'll conflict.

Post your export.lua here and all the other info listed in the sticky and I can help you faster https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I have a weird problem where since installing a steam link and controller to my TV in the next room the default capture device in SRS defaults to "steam mic", and I have to switch it over to my usb 2 mic. I've returned the usb2 as my defulat recording device in Windows 10, but SRS auto selects the steam one when opened. Anyone got any idea how to get round this minor annoyance?

Having a weird issue right now

Since today, I cannot open the radio overlay. I click on it and it does show up as a window on the taskbar, but it is invisible.

You know how when you hover or active windows in the taskbar it displays them on top with everything else hidden ? Well when I do that, nothing is shown. In the preview window I can see that it read 000 on the radios.

The AWACS/GCI Panel works fine, or at least it shows up.

Any ideas ?

I'll try to re-install it.

P.S: I did a re-install and it works for now. I was looking for the Overlay reset option, but I guess I was blind the first time around....

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Its a windows thing...

1. In Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista, hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the item in the taskbar, then select “Move“. In Windows XP, right-click the item in the task-bar and select “Move“.
  2. Use your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back onto the screen.

Hope this helps....

SIGBLOCK.png

Its a windows thing...

1. In Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista, hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the item in the taskbar, then select “Move“. In Windows XP, right-click the item in the task-bar and select “Move“.
  2. Use your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back onto the screen.

Hope this helps....

Or go to settings in SR and choose reset overlay, he thought of everything...

• Like 1

Or go to settings in SR and choose reset overlay, he thought of everything...

Indeed, I had that exact same issue for a couple weeks until a squad mate mentioned that button yesterday. Worked like a charm, overlay is back again. :thumbup:

I have a weird problem where since installing a steam link and controller to my TV in the next room the default capture device in SRS defaults to "steam mic", and I have to switch it over to my usb 2 mic. I've returned the usb2 as my defulat recording device in Windows 10, but SRS auto selects the steam one when opened. Anyone got any idea how to get round this minor annoyance?
Can you PM me your clientlog.txt file?

I'd like to see what IDs come out of it for comparison which will show why it's not "saving" :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi!

Anyone know why we couldn't get the L-39 intercom to work?

Connection ok. Radios work as intended otherwise, but me and my buddy couldn't get the intercom to work at all. We checked the settings to push the intercom sounds to the headphones and tried different keys on the intercom keybindings.

Strangely pushing the SRS intercom button seemed to transmit on the VHF radio.

Pushing the default keybind for intercom on DCS (R_CTL+L_SHIFT+I) lighted up the SRS overlay intercom indicator, but my buddy did not hear anything nor see his indicator light light up.

Intercom volume was up and we tried adjusting it.

Is there something in the cockpit we are missing, or is the feature broken/bugged on SRS end?

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if the radios worked proper in this instance. No-one else was transmitting and we did not hear each other transmission on the VHF radio. Is that a feature of a bug? SRS has worked flawlessly for me in other airframes in the last two weeks.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Edited by MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Hi!

Anyone know why we couldn't get the L-39 intercom to work?

Connection ok. Radios work as intended otherwise, but me and my buddy couldn't get the intercom to work at all. We checked the settings to push the intercom sounds to the headphones and tried different keys on the intercom keybindings.

Strangely pushing the SRS intercom button seemed to transmit on the VHF radio.

Pushing the default keybind for intercom on DCS (R_CTL+L_SHIFT+I) lighted up the SRS overlay intercom indicator, but my buddy did not hear anything nor see his indicator light light up.

Intercom volume was up and we tried adjusting it.

Is there something in the cockpit we are missing, or is the feature broken/bugged on SRS end?

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if the radios worked proper in this instance. No-one else was transmitting and we did not hear each other transmission on the VHF radio. Is that a feature of a bug? SRS has worked flawlessly for me in other airframes in the last two weeks.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Confusingly for the L39 - You have to use the ingame hotkey (or press the intercom switch) in order for the intercom to work.

Its been a while since i've looked at it but it should all be ok.

On the server you were on - try turning off Coalition Security and make sure spectator audio is enabled - let me know if it works then?

Also worth turning on server exports as they now need to be on in order to extract player positions it seems.

New RELEASE Version - 1.4.6.0

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

Small fix to allow mono output devices to be used. This fixes issues in particular with Razer headsets which have a mono "chat" output.

This version is incompatible with all versions before 1.4.3.0 and ALL Clients and Servers must be on this version or newer. Highly recommended all clients and servers switch to this version. There is a bug with 1.4.3.0 Servers where radio transmissions cant be hard - this fixes that! :)

SERVER OWNERS - You need to open an extra TCP port for SRS to work and its +1 above your normal server port. I.e if you run a server on 5002 you need to open port 5002 and 5003 for TCP

AutoConnect Script must be in Saved GamesDCSScriptsHooks now instead of just Scripts folder. Just create a hooks folder in Scripts folder if you dont have one

KNOWN BUG

If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

Changelog

• Added Support for Mono Output Devices

Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

• Like 1

re:

===

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2963204&postcount=1122

Step #12) Whoop and shout, you have radio comms

-+-

Prior to 2.5 Beta Update. I have latest update installed. I cleared everything SRS and reinstalled latest.

==========================

QUESTION concerning PTT Microphone :

PTT in TeamSpeak 3 works fine

Microphone in SRS looks to be open microphone >>> always on

I set the PTT button to my stick which translates to my keyboard Scroll Lock :

SRS_CONTROLS :

===========

COMMON_PTT :

Device = Keyboard

Button = 70

I tested it with TS3 off. Audio Preview. 5.189.162.17:5014

Microphone is always on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How do I fix this for PTT only?

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not Known at this stage, will keep you posted.:music_whistling:

OK, Thanks for that.;)

I will go ahead and try install, if it works...no worries.

If there is an update over the coming days, I can use the update feature.

Yes, you can.

OK Thanks, Oh and thanks for a great program:smilewink:

Wonderful.

I have been reminded as to how easy the install process was. Did it's thing as written on the packet.

All set to go, I did jump about in some MP sets. All seemed to be OK at my end but couldn't find anyone with there radio set likewise.

I'm a happy chappy, Thank You Mr Fisher :thumbup:

It's surprising that Eagle Dynamics hasn't tried to create something like this for their own flight simulator. Guess they had been too busy with the merge of all the DCS versions.

I would love to see some 2.5 integration ASAP! Thanks for SRS, and also thanks for keeping it updated! Really appreciate it. Thanks for trying (and successfully) filling in in the noticeable void in the simulator. Good work!

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Sorry away so replies short :)

re:

===

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2963204&postcount=1122

Step #12) Whoop and shout, you have radio comms

-+-

Prior to 2.5 Beta Update. I have latest update installed. I cleared everything SRS and reinstalled latest.

QUESTION concerning PTT Microphone :

PTT in TeamSpeak 3 works fine

Microphone in SRS looks to be open microphone >>> always on

I set the PTT button to my stick which translates to my keyboard Scroll Lock :

SRS_CONTROLS :

===========

COMMON_PTT :

Device = Keyboard

Button = 70

I tested it with TS3 off. Audio Preview. 5.189.162.17:5014

Microphone is always on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How do I fix this for PTT only?

What aircraft are you in? Are you using anything like Voice Attack?

Have you tried another ptt, like a normal button on keyboard as a test?

Just curious does this work with the AV8 Harrier yet?
Yes already works with harrier, just make sure easy Comms is OFF in DCS

Left radio in cockpit is comm2 in mission editor and will only work with presets set in mission editor :)

2.5 has arrived, are you having to do any alterations to SRS for 2.5?
No alterations, Everything works including the Native DCS overlay :)
Wonderful.

I have been reminded as to how easy the install process was. Did it's thing as written on the packet.

All set to go, I did jump about in some MP sets. All seemed to be OK at my end but couldn't find anyone with there radio set likewise.

I'm a happy chappy, Thank You Mr Fisher

Glad it was easy! That's was the goal along :)

Thanks all for the great feedback :)

Sorry away so replies short :)What aircraft are you in? Are you using anything like Voice Attack?

Have you tried another ptt, like a normal button on keyboard as a test?

Yes already works with harrier, just make sure easy Comms is OFF in DCS

Left radio in cockpit is comm2 in mission editor and will only work with presets set in mission editor :)No alterations, Everything works including the Native DCS overlay :)Glad it was easy! That's was the goal along :)

Thanks all for the great feedback :)

1.) Ka-50

2.) Voice Attack ? NO

3.) Scroll Lock keyboard button for PTT and CH Control Manager Fighterstick set for same.

4.) Easy Comms were on, on my side Single Player; Off on 104th's server.

Thanks for reply. I will further experiment. Will report back, later, with results.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Issue resolved with Ciribob !

Uninstalling SRS, changing the installation folder and everything work fine again....black magic !

There is no black magic for me,

after i update my computer system to win10 1709 from 1703, i reinstalled SRS, but it does not work!

i follow all the way from website and try to fix it, but it just does not work!

when i click the SR-RadioClient with admin, it does not reaction and show nothing.

but i click the SR-Server, then it works fine.

any solution???

the client log :

2018-02-04 01:37:06.5644 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.UI.MainWindow | Started DCS-SimpleRadio Client 1.4.6.0

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Attempt to Load Whitelist from D:\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\whitelist.txt

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | File doesnt exist: D:\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\whitelist.txt

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Attempt to Load Blacklist from D:\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\blacklist.txt

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | File doesnt exist: D:\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\blacklist.txt

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Starting Device Search. Expand Search: False

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:6f1d2b60-d5a0-11cf-bfc7-444553540000 滑鼠 Usage: Undefined Type: Mouse

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Adding Device ID:6f1d2b60-d5a0-11cf-bfc7-444553540000 滑鼠

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:6f1d2b61-d5a0-11cf-bfc7-444553540000 鍵盤 Usage: Undefined Type: Keyboard

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6391 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Adding Device ID:6f1d2b61-d5a0-11cf-bfc7-444553540000 鍵盤

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6546 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:0402044f-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Joystick - HOTAS Warthog Usage: Generic Type: Joystick

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6546 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Adding ID:0402044f-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Joystick - HOTAS Warthog

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6546 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:20081b3f-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 USB Audio Device Usage: Consumer Type: Device

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6546 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:c52e046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 USB Receiver Usage: Consumer Type: Device

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6546 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:c52e046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 USB Receiver Usage: Generic Type: Device

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6546 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:c52e046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 USB Receiver Usage: VendorDefinedBegin Type: Device

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:c52e046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 USB Receiver Usage: VendorDefinedBegin Type: Device

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:0404044f-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Throttle - HOTAS Warthog Usage: Generic Type: Joystick

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Adding ID:0404044f-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Throttle - HOTAS Warthog

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:c287046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Logitech Flight System G940 Usage: VendorDefinedBegin Type: Device

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:c2a8046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Logitech G940 Joystick Usage: Generic Type: Joystick

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Adding ID:c2a8046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Logitech G940 Joystick

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Found Device ID:c2aa046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Logitech G940 Pedals Usage: Generic Type: Joystick

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Input.InputDeviceManager | Adding ID:c2aa046d-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Logitech G940 Pedals

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6727 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.UI.MainWindow | Audio Input - Saved ID

2018-02-04 01:37:06.6987 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.UI.MainWindow | Audio Input - 麥克風 (Realtek High Definition Au e36dc311-6d9a-11d1-a21a-00a0c9223196 - Name GUID00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 - CHN:2

2018-02-04 01:37:06.7007 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.UI.MainWindow | Audio Output - Saved ID

2018-02-04 01:37:06.7368 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.UI.MainWindow | Audio Output - USB Audio Device {0.0.0.00000000}.{3a0f10d0-5fd4-4276-adbb-e3c6ad9fd91c} CHN:2 Rate:48000

1.) Ka-50

2.) Voice Attack ? NO

3.) Scroll Lock keyboard button for PTT and CH Control Manager Fighterstick set for same.

4.) Easy Comms were on, on my side Single Player; Off on 104th's server.

Thanks for reply. I will further experiment. Will report back, later, with results.

Try a normal keyboard button (or mouse button) like space bar or a letter, instead of scroll lock.

It may be the keyboard emulation on your joystick that's confusing it. Can you also try binding it as a normal Joystick instead of keyboard emulated key?

There is no black magic for me,

after i update my computer system to win10 1709 from 1703, i reinstalled SRS, but it does not work!

i follow all the way from website and try to fix it, but it just does not work!

when i click the SR-RadioClient with admin, it does not reaction and show nothing.

but i click the SR-Server, then it works fine.

any solution???

the client log :

I too am unable to join a 2.5 server. Works OK with 1.5.8

I have attached the log from my most recent failure to connect.

The Overlay appears but all radios are listed as unknown.

For both - Make sure to first try complete uninstall without DCS running.

Open up the latest installer & hit uninstall

Then go to Saved Games folder.

Backup & Delete scripts folder in saved games/DCS, saved games/DCS.openalpha and saved games/DCS.openbeta

Then reinstall SRS using the installer - hit install and leave everything default.

wumas0201 - Make sure your .net is up-to-date and you're not running MSI Afterburner, it can conflict.

Also check windows logs to find out what the issue is as there should be an error listed.

Other thing to install is the DirectX 9 Redistributable - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Get me on discord for more help as its easier than on forums :)

https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey