giving up on multiplayer and this airplane.

I am frustrated. I am really good at dog fighting with the ai aircraft in single player mode. I want to fly against other human pilots. In single missions and instant action I can take off, taxi, fly, and dogfight. My engine does not seize nor does it overheat. On multiplayer within a few minutes my engine seizes. For the past hour I have been trying to figure this out.

I do not go above 1.4. I read something about manual prop pitch on takeoff and then switch over to automatic. I have searched the controls section and can not find how to do that. It is really frustrating to have to go thru the entire sequence of starting the airplane, taxi, and takeoff and then engine seizes. I really want to figure this out.

The reason why Im frustrated is because in single player mode I can do the things that are needed and not have my engine seize. On multiplayer it always seizes. Just frustrating.

I work a lot. Split days off. Have a family. So my computer time is limited and would like to just fly and dogfight. Anyhelp would be appreciated. I did just purchase this module a few days ago so yes Im still learning, but I cant learn if I don't know how to fix the problem. I have tried with wep on and off during takeoff.

really sounds like you didnt switch prop pitch governor to automatic, every server ive been in will start with it off

keybind you're looking for is called 'governor automation', the switch is a little black toggle at the base of the throttle just inboard of the radiator cutoff handle 'kuhler-abschaltung'

I think probad is probably right. In SP the Governor Automation is ON when your mission starts with a running engine. In most MP missions for WWII aircraft you have to do do a cold start. You can take off with Governor Automation OFF, but very soon after take-off you must turn it ON, else you kill the engine. I always take off with Governor Automation On because I tend to forget that.

You can check if it's on by looking at the propeller Pitch indication (Luftschraube / Stellungsanzeige) at the very right of the cockpit. It's half hidden by the flare gun if you didn't get rid of it. When you move the throttle forward, the two hands on the prop pitch indicator (looks like a clock dial) will change position.

If you want to take off or land with Governor Automation OFF, you need to bind the commands "Engine RPM Increase" and "Engine RPM Decrease". You can then set the prop pitch indicator to the 12:00 o'clock position.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Can confirm. The prop governor starts on manual. You must takeoff careful not to over rev and then switch to auto. Not doing so will typically result in engine failure. Btw, when it comes to 'just fly and dogfight' this is the wrong game for that. You can't get away from having to study here ;) In fact, it's the point of the game =)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I am frustrated. I am really good at dog fighting with the ai aircraft in single player mode. I want to fly against other human pilots. In single missions and instant action I can take off, taxi, fly, and dogfight. My engine does not seize nor does it overheat. On multiplayer within a few minutes my engine seizes. For the past hour I have been trying to figure this out.

I do not go above 1.4. I read something about manual prop pitch on takeoff and then switch over to automatic. I have searched the controls section and can not find how to do that. It is really frustrating to have to go thru the entire sequence of starting the airplane, taxi, and takeoff and then engine seizes. I really want to figure this out.

The reason why Im frustrated is because in single player mode I can do the things that are needed and not have my engine seize. On multiplayer it always seizes. Just frustrating.

I work a lot. Split days off. Have a family. So my computer time is limited and would like to just fly and dogfight. Anyhelp would be appreciated. I did just purchase this module a few days ago so yes Im still learning, but I cant learn if I don't know how to fix the problem. I have tried with wep on and off during takeoff.

just read manual :P

should be quick manual in game files included and full manual containing over 200pages

in DCS you can ride 1.8ATA in bf109 all the time

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

See here : https://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/DCS-Bf.109K-4-Guide.pdf

Page 15 . make sure you push once the switch labeled "Governor Automation" in this picture, to put the prop pitch in automated mode, during your startup procedure. You can verify this by changing your throttle pressure, and the prop pitch indicator should move by itself. If the prop pitch indicator doesn't move (see its position in slide 12), it means you are not in automated mode, clic on the Governor Automation switch before your engine die.

It could be something else, but engine getting killed constantly in Bf109 is VEEEERY often due to a prop pitch automation issue.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16