WAR emergency power

gdotts

War emergency power no working....it has NEVER worked I keep hitting E on the keyboard and watch the RPM stay the same.

rpm will stay the same what you are looking for is MP rise form 61 to 67 inHG.

In order to engage WEP in p-51 you have to move your controler throttle to max then hit e

this will rebind your controle throttle range so you actualy get something like 65inHg so you have to move your throttle back a little and to max again to achive 67inHg

this is how is modeled right now its not perfect but it works

3000RPM is max rpm set via prop handle its range between 1800-3000rpm. 3250 is maximum allowable rpm for the engine during dive or while emergency after prop gavernor failer 3250 is max you can run engine

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

In order to engage WEP in p-51 you have to move your controler throttle to max then hit e

Throttle to max, hit e, the jiggle the throttle. Otherwise the throttle won't do anything ;)

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Throttle to max, hit e, the jiggle the throttle. Otherwise the throttle won't do anything ;)

thats what i write one line below this :P

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

WEP in the P 51 will cause the engine to randomly stop so if you use it be ready to bail out or crash land at any time. Does not matter how long you use it for as far as I can tell, after you go above 61"(even for a short time) your plane will die at some point unless your lucky.

WEP in the P 51 will cause the engine to randomly stop so if you use it be ready to bail out or crash land at any time. Does not matter how long you use it for as far as I can tell, after you go above 61"(even for a short time) your plane will die at some point unless your lucky.

while at wet you need to keep temps ok p-51 likes to overheat at this power setting once i chased bf-109 for a good 5 minutes with throttle wide open and nothing happend even after landing repair command didnt triger timer for reparing. but you need proper warm up for this i tend to warm engine oil to 40 celsius then do run up prop/mags check and ready to take off

when i read the p-51 manual from 1944 there is couple pages about using wep in p-51. it states thet chief mechnic had to run aditional checkings after braking stop wire but after 10hour acumulated of WEP required to dismantle the engine and inspect every part of it(in DCS 10 minutes of 67/3000 is 99% deadly for engine i think, never tried using wep for more then 5 minutes). so 10 hours of WEP is quite a lot. So the chanse that real engine will jamm like that (it happend to me too sometimes after a couple seconds of WEP) is very very unlikely. as far as i know those engines were extremly durable.i think this engine jamming in p-51 is exaggerated.

But you need to watch one thing at 61/3000 there is 15 minutes limit at 67/3000 there is 5 minutes those times overlaping so if you fly 7.5minutes at 61 that you probably left with 2.5minutes of 67inHg . so after using 67/3000 for a 5 minutes you cant fly 61 before engaging it and if you want to cool engine down you cant go back to 61 you have to drop power to 46/2700. this is how i think about it. Oh one more thing 26inHg is the minimal MP for fligh so you cant go below it may damage your engine too

Edited by grafspee

Engine breaking from using WEP is very random. In the racing community we have done half hour races running the engine at full power (67/2700 note: 3000rpm at sea level is actually slower). Yes, about 50% of the time, the engine will fail, but it is not an immediate or sure thing either.

Engine breaking from using WEP is very random. In the racing community we have done half hour races running the engine at full power (67/2700 note: 3000rpm at sea level is actually slower). Yes, about 50% of the time, the engine will fail, but it is not an immediate or sure thing either.

30minutes race is whole difrent thing. iam talking about engine jamm after 1-2 minute use of 67inHg. i think that sudden engine stop at 3000rpm would blow engine block apart :P

During testing I've run 67 for a good 30mins at 3000rpm. Lowering the revs will get you a bit more speed but the engine dies a lot quicker.

so i am unlucky then becouse if i touch movre than 61 engine dies in some point

random engine fails happen to me too often :P

Edited by grafspee

Yeah, I have messed with WEP a crap ton, I can't find a pattern to it. Doesn't seem to matter how long I use it for and how easy I am on the engine after using it(even for a short time) the engine will randomly fail. I personally find it lasts longer if you stay at full throttle with RPM at 2700-3000 for the rest of the flight.

It seems to brake faster when I use it for less then 5mins and throttle back. But overall it feels very random. I have lasted until I ran out of fuel going full throttle in WEP once or twice. But it normally breaks between 15 minutes and 40 minutes or so.

Yeah, I have messed with WEP a crap ton, I can't find a pattern to it. Doesn't seem to matter how long I use it for and how easy I am on the engine after using it(even for a short time) the engine will randomly fail. I personally find it lasts longer if you stay at full throttle with RPM at 2700-3000 for the rest of the flight.

It seems to brake faster when I use it for less then 5mins and throttle back. But overall it feels very random. I have lasted until I ran out of fuel going full throttle in WEP once or twice. But it normally breaks between 15 minutes and 40 minutes or so.

i agree with you engine jamms in p-51 while i was flying after backing throttle.

i think that is WEP was engaged for 1minute and after this normal power setting was used and you go for wep again it will brake very fast

so its better to stay at wep all the time :P

i did some testing recently and maby i did not test enough but, when using wep you can drive engine between 2700-3000 rpm it wont change engine life time

Edited by grafspee

ED is doing some revamp on cooling, and by what I've read from a comment from Yo Yo, it's going to be very in-depth. I would imagine this would be one of the issues fixed with this.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
ED is doing some revamp on cooling, and by what I've read from a comment from Yo Yo, it's going to be very in-depth. I would imagine this would be one of the issues fixed with this.

Yeah, Im not so sure, this has been a problem for years. I also remember when ED broke the FW190 D9, it was working fine until a patch in 2016. Ever since that patch the FW190D9 engine breaks if you use MW50.

I suppose they could be working on a fix but its been its many years now. So I won't get my hopes up.

Yeah, Im not so sure, this has been a problem for years. I also remember when ED broke the FW190 D9, it was working fine until a patch in 2016. Ever since that patch the FW190D9 engine breaks if you use MW50.

I suppose they could be working on a fix but its been its many years now. So I won't get my hopes up.

We have early fw190 d9 version w/o mw50 simulated right now

Wait, what ? As far as I remember our Dora has MW50.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

People said it was fixed with 2.5.5, but didn't try myself.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

People said it was fixed with 2.5.5, but didn't try myself.

S!

i noticed that oil temp is not rising as fast as it used to be when running mw50 but is it fixed i dont know

I've been having a lot of engine failures recently, without even touching WEP. There is not an evening I fly, that at a completely random situation my engine instantly stops. And before anyone says something about mismanagement or overheating it, I've been flying this thing for 5 years, I dont think that climbing at 200 mph or cruising at 44" MAP/ 2700 RPM should produce such effects.

So I'm not certain that there was a fix in 2.5.5.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Look, just get used to manually fully opening your radiators when approaching combat (map the rad controls to your HOTAS), and no more over-heating worries in combat. Keep RPMs at about 2700 in combat, also - and 2650 in the Spit.

I fly the P51 quite a bit and am able to avoid engine overheating in this manner - same goes for the Spit. But i have to anticipate the need in the P51, because it takes a long time to open the oil cooler and water rad.

The 109s and 190s have a much more automated engine management and are much less of a headache to fly. The only annoying thing about them is the lack of rudder trim - but you can get used to that.

Edited by fencible

If you keep the Mustang over 200 mph, the automatic setting works quite well. Its if you have prolonged periods of time below that speed that auto fails to keep up.

Particularly at lower altitudes, running around with a full radiator is slowing down your top speed with the drag the COOLANT radiator produces. The Oil radiator door does not suffer the same issue though.

And you are right, it DOES take a long time for the COOLANT radiator door to open/close, a full 20 seconds in fact. The Oil radiator door only takes 5-6 seconds though.