ED Forums - View Single Post - My New Cyclic Build with Magnetic Brake Trim
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #11
molevitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FSF]Ian View Post
Those might be double-pole switches. Either for redundancy (so it still works if one connection breaks) or it might switch both a higher voltage signal to do the work and a lower voltage signal to notify some flight computer about the switch state.

Either way, you can take a multimeter, find two wires that are disconnected when the switch is off and become connected when the switch is on, and ignore the other wires

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge at all about real-world avionics. I am just a computer scientist who tinkers with electronics in his free time.
Thanks [FSF]Ian,

I figured there may be some redundancy involved, and you may well be right about some info being passed to flight computers too. I will simply have to test and see which ones do anything. I also realise that I have far too much length of cable and need to shorten it anyway, so will be cutting off the connectors any way. I will save them for posterity....

Mi-24 Cyclic and Collective with Magnetic Brakes and Force Feedback
Mag Brake in operation
Thread about my Mi-24 Pit build at 229th Forum
molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote