A-10 Missions a NO FLY

Dusty Rhodes

For some reason the Pause/Break button does not respond in any mission where I fly the A-10. The sim works fine with any other aircraft but the A-10. It worked for a couple of times then I boot it up today to fly the Quickstart mission and I can look around the cockpit using TrackIR but can do nothing else. I tried a mission I made with the A-10 and same result. I then tried the missions that came with FC 2 and got the same result. Anyone else notice this problem. I am a HOG driver in this sim and am dead in the water right now.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

This is weird, I just manually assigned the Pause/Break button to the Pause command in the stick file and it worked. It unpaused the sim and I could fly fine. But when I press the escape button, it doesn't work to end the game and I have to give the 3 finger salute to stop the sim. I am investigating further.

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Very odd, I just went in and verified that it works in mine as I am a dedicated HOG driver as well. I am using Windows 7. Do you have the program running in admin mode? Wonder if it is a Vista issue. I bailed Vista as soon as I could because I had so many issue w/ so many programs.

Upon further investigation, there are non keyboard commands that work except those assigend to my HOTAS. I look in the Key Command mapper and nothing is mapped to the Keyboard except those key I mapped to the HOTAS. What is going on?

Dusty Rhodes

THe entire keyboard column is blank except those HOTAS commands that I have manually inputted myself.

Dusty Rhodes

I don't know how it happened but I did a nuke from computer and reinstall and all the keyboard assignments are back. I am going to re=do my stick file in game and see what happens. I know I didn't delete all those key assignments.

Dusty Rhodes

Everything seems fine from the reinstall to remaking my stick file. I don't know how those key assignments got nuked but it was weird as hell. Thanks for watching me figure out my own problem :)

Dusty Rhodes

OK there is something defintely amiss here. After nuking it off the HD and installing LOMAC and then FC2, I went in and did a stick file. Everything was right with it so I shut it down waiting for the kids to go off to a movie with Momma. They left and I went in to Quick Fly and Pause/Break did not work. I then CTRL ALT DEL out and went to the controls UI and low and behold, every key assignment for the game was wiped out and the only assignments on the keyboard were those I assigned to my HOTAS. I then tried to load the file as I had saved it and it loaded with still no key commands for the keyboard except those I made for my HOTAS. This is reproducable 100% with the A-10 on my install. I don't know what it is but it is wiping out all the keyboard key commands. HELP! Anyone else running into this problem. It seems central to the A-10 as I can fly the other aircraft fine.

Dusty Rhodes

Sounds like you had the column selected and by accident hit the Clear Category button.

Nope, made sure I didn't do that Matt. The only time I cleared anything was clearing commands that are their by default and then adding my own. Again, when I shut down FC2, the commands were there. I opened up FC2 and tried flying the A-10 and bam, no keyboard commands assigned. I can reproduce this every time. Is there anyone else having this problem?

Dusty Rhodes

Well there is no doubt in my mind and if someone else with some time could confirm this. This time I nuked FC2 and LOMAC off the computer. I then reinstalled both. I then went in and flew the A-10 in the Quick Start mission with no problems besides not having a stick file. I then went in and assigned one assignment to my HOTAS and saved the profile. ALl I made was one change. i then went into the quick fly and for sure, no key commands worked. I went back to the options page and the stick file and for sure, all key commands were wiped out except the one command I had inputed myself. THis is reproducable on my machine 100% of the time. Can someone else take the time and do this also to confirm that we have a bug here related to the A-10's and making an in game stick file? Thanks in advance if you do it report here.

Dusty Rhodes

I am simply adding key commands to my HOTAS switches. I don't know what a Screenshot would show you. This is definitely only a problem with the A-10. It tried with F-15 and SU-27 and they had no problems making in game stick files.

Dusty Rhodes

maybe the Windows User Account Control (UAC) is creating these problems? the UAC creates a user-specific folder in

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2"

maybe the game itself edits the config in this folder, but then loads the one in the install folder? i would check if this UAC-created folder exists and which files are changed by the game.

i don't think this really applies to your problem since it's only the A-10 and not a global issue, but maybe it helps.

good luck!

OK, I have attacked this one from every angle and have narrowed it down. The program deletes all the keyboard commands, except those mapped to the stick, when YOU SAVE THE PROFILE. If you just map it and fly it you are fine and everything works. But if you try to save it, the key commands will disappear. This is A-10 ONLY. If someone would be so kind to confirm this, I will post it in the bug thread. 100% reproducable on my machine.

Dusty Rhodes

OK, I have attacked this one from every angle and have narrowed it down. The program deletes all the keyboard commands, except those mapped to the stick, when YOU SAVE THE PROFILE. If you just map it and fly it you are fine and everything works. But if you try to save it, the key commands will disappear. This is A-10 ONLY. If someone would be so kind to confirm this, I will post it in the bug thread. 100% reproducable on my machine.

Save? Save what? Where? You settings are automaticly saved when you press OK - stored - forever on your HD.

You didnt do this?:

BIG RED WARNING: Do NOT save your Gamecontrols configuration over BLACKSHARK.LUA. That file contains game-code, and is not intended to contain your control-config.

Just asking :)

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

If you try to save a stickfile in the A-10 section your keyboard key commands will be wiped out. This is not overwriting the BS one but saving as a new file.

Dusty Rhodes

If you try to save a stickfile in the A-10 section your keyboard key commands will be wiped out. This is not overwriting the BS one but saving as a new file.

Sorry to say - I think you're the first one to come along with this problem.

Let's try to make sure it's not a problem on your system.

You can look at the BS file just to be sure, are these the 3 first lines in Blackshark.lua? :

__DO_NOT_ERASE_DEBRIEF_LOG__ = true;
package.path = 
      ''

Secondly - I have to ask - since it sounds like one of these problems, but - have you opened any files using Notepad and saved it? That may break the files - for manual editing of files you must use Notepad++ or other tools.

As for harddrive healt - could it be that you have crosslinked files / bad indexes?

Run a CHKDSK to eliminate those kind of issue.

I think this is enoug to get you working on something constructive again.

Awaiting your report. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

os.execute('del /F /Q *.tmp >nul 2>nul');

--os.execute('cls');

package.path =

THose are the first three lines in the Blackshark.lua

No I have not opened any files with Notepad let alone saved it.

I believe this problem was reported in the Bug thread on page 3 or 4. Or it sounded similiar.

Edited by Dusty Rhodes

Dusty Rhodes

os.execute('del /F /Q *.tmp >nul 2>nul');

--os.execute('cls');

package.path =

THose are the first three lines in the Blackshark.lua

No I have not opened any files with Notepad let alone saved it.

Bah, I opened my Ka-50 version - yours is correct.

]Secondly - I have to ask - since it sounds like one of these problems, but - have you opened any files using Notepad and saved it? That may break the files - for manual editing of files you must use Notepad++ or other tools.

Dont mean to get off topic, but I just read your post about using notepad to edit files...........

I just edited my graphics .cfg using notepad..........and saved it..........

Am I screwed now?

Dont let the smell get to ya...............