Can't drop bombs in AUTO, why?

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

Hi all, for some reason, Im experiencing some odd behaviour most of the times when trying to drop bombs (mk82,83...) in auto mode...they simply wont drop :huh:...I dont know what am I doing wrong but hope you can help me.

1-master arm to arm

2- AG master mode

3-select the bombs I want to drop

4-Activate fuze (nose/tail)

5-start wdm7, lock a target in the ground

6-Align with the drop line, 0 pitch

7- wait for the 4 seconds acoustic indication tone and press the drop weapond button in the middle of that tone

8- There is a chance >90% to the bomb to not drop at all :huh:

Weird thing is, some times (dont know why), the bombs will eventually drop...I simply go around, start the bomb run again and the bomb will drop...wth???...CCIP works 100% of the time, also guided rockets work 100% of the time.

Here is a track showing what I do and failing to launch one single bomb. Hope you can help me with this.

thanks!

no bombs drop.trk

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

I think it might be some issue with the target designation with the wdm7...as soon as I have the box over the target (point track) the bombs drop, but if there is no box the bombs wont drop...the problem is that most objects like buildings and such doesnt get boxed even when I designate them as targets correctly and then the bombs wont drop...

I dont think it is a problem with the moment I press the drop button as it is supposed to be pressed during the tone afaik...even the pitch can be about +-2 degrees (at least) of tolerance and they will be dropped no problem (when the target is boxed).

can someone confirm this?

Edited by watermanpc

Are you holding weapon release? The tone is to start holding weapon release. The weapon won't be released for about 4 seconds.

GBU's are immediate release, but dumb bombs are consent to release. Until the box crosses, the FPM, the bombs won't drop.

This.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi all, for some reason, Im experiencing some odd behaviour most of the times when trying to drop bombs (mk82,83...) in auto mode...they simply wont drop :huh:...I dont know what am I doing wrong but hope you can help me.

1-master arm to arm

2- AG master mode

3-select the bombs I want to drop

4-Activate fuze (nose/tail)

5-start wdm7, lock a target in the ground

6-Align with the drop line, 0 pitch

7- wait for the 4 seconds acoustic indication tone and press the drop weapon button in the middle of that tone

8- There is a chance >90% to the bomb to not drop at all :huh:

Weird thing is, some times (dont know why), the bombs will eventually drop...I simply go around, start the bomb run again and the bomb will drop...wth???...CCIP works 100% of the time, also guided rockets work 100% of the time.

Here is a track showing what I do and failing to launch one single bomb. Hope you can help me with this.

thanks!

I recall having the same problem, couldn't figure out why. Haven't tried it again though. (I find it's a little confusing too with the diamond/arrow pointing to the target below the HUD and being in-line with the ASL.)

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Are you holding weapon release? The tone is to start holding weapon release. The weapon won't be released for about 4 seconds.

GBU's are immediate release, but dumb bombs are consent to release. Until the box crosses, the FPM, the bombs won't drop.

Yes, I keep pressing until the little box fully descend below fpm over the asl...no bomb drop...

I recall having the same problem, couldn't figure out why. Haven't tried it again though. (I find it's a little confusing too with the diamond/arrow pointing to the target below the HUD and being in-line with the ASL.)

I think the problem is the lack of a boxed target...but again, this should not happen afaik as soon as I have a target designation on the ground there shouldnt be a need for a point track...maybe it is a bug??

Yes, I keep pressing until the little box fully descend below fpm over the asl...no bomb drop...

I think the problem is the lack of a boxed target...but again, this should not happen afaik as soon as I have a target designation on the ground there shouldnt be a need for a point track...maybe it is a bug??

Won't be surprised if it's a bug. The module still has some fixes to sort out. The AKG for example I suspect is quite buggy in DIR and COO mode. And it does loops in the air if no datalink pod is used.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

Pretty sure the AKG behavior is intended and that DL pod is required https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4164516&postcount=18.

As for bomb auto drop, double check your WMD-7 is SPI

I know the pod is required, just wondering if it does loops IRL when w/o pod (not that the pilot would forget the pod). Also, the AKG flight path doesn't seem to behave as described in the manual with regard to DIR/COO modes - it doesn't really, quote: "fly to SPI directly" and "attack PP point".

Not sure about the PP/COO behavior but the looping is likely a byproduct of its TFR that doesn’t want it below a certain altitude unless it’s locked on or controlled. It’s doing loops off the rail or terminal?

As for auto drop, you can also double check your FCS is looking at the right SPI by looking at waypoint 40 in the DST page. It should overwrite itself to match your SPI every time you make a new one

And sorry I meant SOI earlier when I said making sure WMD-7 is SPI. Still new to glass!

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yes, the wdm7 is set as soi when doing the bomb run, you can check it in the track...it feels like the computer is not recognizing the designated target point even though it is correctly designated and visible in the hud unless it is in point track (boxed)...would love to have some answer from the devs...