WarBRD USB cable internal slack

VC

Just setting up my WarBRD and I noticed there's quite a bit of spare USB cable inside the housing, assuming I fit the little rubber connector into the slot in the base. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the spare. Do I push it in under the electronics? Can I move the rubber seal along the cable? Do I never mind the seal and just pull the cable through the hole?

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Shove the slack up in front of the PCB, there's room the body is plenty tall. Don't let it get anywhere near the bottom or one of the side gimbals or it'll get mangled, sever the internal wires, and you'll have to hack together a splice and cover it with gorilla tape oh god what have I done. (I literally did this to mine yesterday, it's being held together with twist splices and tape. Don't be me.)

But seriously just shove the slack up in the front, the "seal" is a stress relief to keep the cable from being damaged by movement so you want to make sure it's located properly.

It'll be fine, the majority of the stress on the cable is mostly from constant movement and not from bending it in one place.

There should be space to put it in the cavity so it's not pushing on the PCB but even if it was, it shouldn't cause a problem.

if you do sever, you can source new cables, some say certain models of logitech mice use the same cables and you could find those on Alibaba or some such.

I last year had an incident when my cat managed to chew over the cables for my Warbrd, my T50 throttle, and t50 gimbal all in the span of less than five minutes.

That grounded me for a few weeks.

But I contacted Virpil and they sent me replacement cables in a couple of weeks time.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

if you do sever, you can source new cables, some say certain models of logitech mice use the same cables and you could find those on Alibaba or some such.

I last year had an incident when my cat managed to chew over the cables for my Warbrd, my T50 throttle, and t50 gimbal all in the span of less than five minutes.

That grounded me for a few weeks.

But I contacted Virpil and they sent me replacement cables in a couple of weeks time.

Oh man, I can't thank you enough for that. I can get rid of my jerry rigged taped splice nightmare for $8 shipped from Amazon. I'll still get a cable from virpil eventually but for an immediate solution that's fantastic.

In case anyone stumbles across this post looking for the info, you want a Logitech cable for the MX518/G400/G1/MX500/G100/G300/MX51, and you'll have to swap pins 1 and 3 (red and green wires). Other than that it plugs right in.

Edited by FoxTwo