Avoid pop-up of communication menu

TOViper

Hello and merry Xmas!

Can I somehow avoid pop-up of the communication menu, e.g. after requesting startup and receiving startup clearance the menu immediately pops up again and switches to ATC menu.

I have problems with this since ... ever!? "Easy communication" is off, "radio assist" is also off.

This automatic pop-up often interferes:

.) When switching to outside views since I don't see the communication menu all the time when using VR

.) When using VoiceAttack, which doesn't consider the comm menu open and thus the request go into nowhere

Please help, this is a nasty thing since a long time for me (and for sure for others).

Thanks and kind regards,

TOViper

• Like 3

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Vaicom pro plugin for VA has a comm menu disable option in preferences

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Vaicom pro plugin for VA has a comm menu disable option in preferences

Thanks for your quick reply.

Is there any other method, like edit of a config ... lua whatsoever ... I am currently not using ViaCom.

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I greatly appreciate detailed instructions how to disable the hateful auto pup-up comm menu.

I don't know what is vaicom pro.

(The menu can popup in the F10 map view also, in sneaky invisible mode)

Menu blocking look around with mouse (my only good method) blocking changing views in play and replay. Abort inbound and resume mission rather than go to cockpit view. Opens up in totally unwanted page. Opens up after asking refuel and rearm...

The only one existence reason is the loop section of AAR, when we ask for "clear contact"

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

I greatly appreciate detailed instructions how to disable the hateful auto pup-up comm menu.

I don't know what is vaicom pro.

(The menu can popup in the F10 map view also, in sneaky invisible mode)

Menu blocking look around with mouse (my only good method) blocking changing views in play and replay. Abort inbound and resume mission rather than go to cockpit view. Opens up in totally unwanted page. Opens up after asking refuel and rearm...

The only one existence reason is the loop section of AAR, when we ask for "clear contact"

Vaicom pro is a plug-in for VoiceAttack . The two of them cost about 20$ total , and vastly improve immersion by providing realistic voice coms/commands to all DCS AI com menu functions . Very helpful in VR as well .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

Above is a link to Vaicom Pro

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 months later...

I don't have anything to against the "automatic loop" functions, when a submenu is entered depending on conditions.

The problem I have is that the comm menu appears, with which I always struggle around, and I simply cannot get rid of this behaviour.

Please ED, can you add user-options for enabling and disabling automatic pop-up of the comm menu?

This I would HIGHLY appreciate! :joystick:

Thank you and kind regards,

TOViper

my computer:

• 5 months later...
I see your infinity and raise you a "For the love of God and everything Holy!"

2 times infinite. Please, add an option for removing comm menu popup. Please!!!

• Like 1

my computer:

• 4 months later...

ED, have you ever read this thread?

Can we please have an option to decide if comms-menu is allowed/disallowed to pop up, and to allow/disallow entering a context specific submenu?

Is this somehow possible?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

TOViper

• Like 1

my computer:

I'm pretty sure ED will do something about this soon, as it will be a problem for their own upcoming radio voice implementation.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Hi all,

Not a bug, more of a feature request, I will ask the team about an option for disabling the comms menu auto pop up.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all, Not a bug, more of a feature request, I will ask the team about an option for disabling the comms menu auto pop up. thanks

Thank you Big for bringing this to the teams attention! :)

my computer:

Hi all,

Not a bug, more of a feature request, I will ask the team about an option for disabling the comms menu auto pop up.

thanks

Interesting. I have never seen this menu pop up on its own. Only when I ask it to by pressing the radio button. Except this once which I reported as a bug. It certainly seemed like a bug because there was no reason for it to appear at that point.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260593

I agree, the menu appearing on its own would be annoying and un-sim like since you’re supposed to control everything in the full systems planes and select the correct radio. Is this behavior limited to the FC3 planes? Or maybe only in the Beta? I’m running Stable.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

Good evening BigNewy,

erm ... this wish is still highly requested ... do we have any decisions on this by the team? :huh:

Thanks and kind regards,

TOViper

my computer:

• 1 year later...

May we have a follow up on this?

Have personally made some adjustments recently to how I use dcs (more specifically SRS).

It's a bit frustrating when the comms menu pops up and I fail to notice it's sitting up there in the corner of my screen (ultrawide problems), and go to hit other buttons and things don't happen lol

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Bumping this again.  ED please give us an ability to disable this feature.  I understand the intent of it, but I really think it's not helpful for most players, especially in multiplayer.  It's particularly problematic when it pops up on the takeoff roll at 60 knots, right when I have my aircraft perfectly configured and dialed in for lift off, then suddenly there's a distracting comm menu that I have to worry about as part of my post takeoff checklist.  The aircraft is already in a task-saturated enough in that phase of flight.  Please please please.

@BIGNEWY
If there is any explanation about why you are not taking care about this super-nasty issue, I would really love to read about. Thank  you!

my computer:

• ED Team
12 hours ago, TOViper said:

@BIGNEWY
If there is any explanation about why you are not taking care about this super-nasty issue, I would really love to read about. Thank  you!

Not all requests can be granted and at this time we have no plans to enable the removal of the radio menu. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Erm, it is not about removing the menu.
It is about beeing able to disable the nasty pop-up.
Hope there was no bigger misunderstanding on your side?!?!

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 2

my computer:

On 7/30/2023 at 9:55 AM, BIGNEWY said:

...we have no plans to enable the removal of the radio menu. 

Removal? No, it's only about the comms menu not jumping on us automatically, when not needed. It should be only visible/active when called with a binding.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria