Who has recieved baackseat L-39C Instruction?

I'd love to but no-one in our squad flies it.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Yeah, the main issue is it requires folks to purchase a module they might not otherwise own .In our group, I've found that the experienced pilots seem to be the ones drawn to the trainers whereas the folks who could really benefit from them tend to shy away in favor of combat modules.

Very true statement.

on

I let my wife ride in the back and was very careful not to metion the hood because I knew what would happen. Luckily she didn't notice the control knob for it.

All was well for a while until she figured how to shut off the engine. She ejected soon after and left me plumeting to my doom since I don't know how to restart in mid air and my ejections seat wouldn't fire. DCS can be just like real life sometimes.

• Like 1

The L-39 is a must have module. There is a fairly decent number of people in DCS who understand the basics of aviation; lesser known things to many casual DCS players. (such as traffic patterns, overhead joins, etc) The L-39 allows the experienced simmers to pass this knowledge on to more casual simmers. I have taken three people up in my L-39C as "students" so far, and I was just amazed at what a great learning tool it was for them. One of these said "students" has nearly twice the time I have in the A-10, but didn't know how to fly a traffic pattern. Unfortunately, feefifofum is correct, the people who would be benefited the most by the L-39 tend to shy away towards combat modules. I wish this wasn't true. The casual crowd is here to have fun, but the L-39 offers fun as well as a learning experience for nearly every flight. I don't think the casual crowd really knows this yet.

• Like 2

The L-39 is a must have module. There is a fairly decent number of people in DCS who understand the basics of aviation; lesser known things to many casual DCS players. (such as traffic patterns, overhead joins, etc) The L-39 allows the experienced simmers to pass this knowledge on to more casual simmers. I have taken three people up in my L-39C as "students" so far, and I was just amazed at what a great learning tool it was for them. One of these said "students" has nearly twice the time I have in the A-10, but didn't know how to fly a traffic pattern. Unfortunately, feefifofum is correct, the people who would be benefited the most by the L-39 tend to shy away towards combat modules. I wish this wasn't true. The casual crowd is here to have fun, but the L-39 offers fun as well as a learning experience for nearly every flight. I don't think the casual crowd really knows this yet.

Well said! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I let my wife ride in the back and was very careful not to metion the hood because I knew what would happen. Luckily she didn't notice the control knob for it.

All was well for a while until she figured how to shut off the engine. She ejected soon after and left me plumeting to my doom since I don't know how to restart in mid air and my ejections seat wouldn't fire. DCS can be just like real life sometimes.

:megalol:

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

I own the module and I'd love to get instruction from a fellow pilot in the backseat ! Would be so great, but I don't know anyone who owns the module...

I've just bought the module, I'd be really happy for some instruction in how things work. It would be great if there was a way of purchasing a squadron licence to train up new members, rather than each member having to buy it. I understand the motive behind it, but it would be great if there was a way of doing this with training aircraft for a registered DCS Squadron.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Egg, chicken, chicken, egg!

In our virtual squadron instructors have the module, but students usually don't have it, so it really isn't easy to see a way forwards unless, as mentioned, ED allow squadrons to purchase a license that would allow us to loan an airframe to a student on a short term basis.

I could see such a step resulting in a lot more L-39 licenses sold, because I have a feeling that once they have learned in it, they'd want to buy their own anyway. The same goes for providing a special license for NTTR to server operators so that 2.0 could be made more freely available in multi player operations.

We can only hope...

Is it something that, in theory at least, could be done? It would be great for Squadrons to be able to offer something like this. Ok, so it means a small financial outlay for a squad, but with some kind of registration system and rules laid out governing the use it would seem like a really good way to sell Training Modules and build interest in the sim as a whole.

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

Egg, chicken, chicken, egg!

In our virtual squadron instructors have the module, but students usually don't have it, so it really isn't easy to see a way forwards unless, as mentioned, ED allow squadrons to purchase a license that would allow us to loan an airframe to a student on a short term basis.

I could see such a step resulting in a lot more L-39 licenses sold, because I have a feeling that once they have learned in it, they'd want to buy their own anyway. The same goes for providing a special license for NTTR to server operators so that 2.0 could be made more freely available in multi player operations.

We can only hope...

Our squadron would really support a kind of license sharing for squadron use. Did anyone contact ED confront them with the idea to provide a special lizence system for the L-39?

I love the L-39 because it is just a joy to fly around, but I understand if some people just don´t and don´t want to pay to just to get some training lessons. We at vJaBoG32 would like to use the L-39 extensively for training from the basics to BFM, but at the moment the above mentioned issues are some show stopper.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

The biggest thing that drew me to this aircraft is that it is one I REALLY want to learn how to fly in real life (if ever I can find someone who owns one and lives in western Pennsylvania). That being said, I have tried to become proficient enough so I can at least pass on what I have learned.

So far I have not run into too many others who want to fly it with me. I just love the aircraft though, so I will fly it solo all day long if need be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

Hopefully, people not sure about buying the L39 or just tight on cash, took advantage of the recent flash sale. I'm having a lot of fun with the L39 and very happy to fly it solo. A great jet to own.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Had my first go at this last night, it was good. We had some problems the first time around as the wheels were showing as down for me, but up for the front seat pilot. When I took over control I couldn't increase the power and we gradually descended as though there were air brakes out, but I had nothing assigned to deploy them.

However, we flew again and had no issues. I was in the front seat that time and the second pilot was in the rear. I can see real potential for the L-39 as a trainer in DCS, it's great to fly anyway. It will be good to try out the ground attack variant with a back seater spotting further targets and checking our six!

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

I'm using the L-39 to blow people's mind with the Oculus Rift :) I have two rigs set up next to eachother- I fly on a monitor on the right and the passenger sits under the rift on my other PC on the left. Tried with the wife and a friend and they were both blown away