-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

Air Combat Group is happy to announce its NEW DCS Cold War Dedicated Server.

ACG_Logo_Short_Rotate_500x125_v001.gif

-= ACG Cold War Server (EU) =-

The server is based in Germany, has an upload of 100Mbit and is running full real missons.

Current Mission provides fast gameplay!

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

Server IP: 85.93.89.102:10307

Edited by IronJockel

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray! Thank you so much guys!!

Are there AI as well as ground target opportunities? Perhaps even the Huey could be added to the planeset?

As i wanted to figure out if the Computer can handle two servers at the same time, i just made a basic airquake. Currently it's only planes and AI air units.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Would it be possible to just add the Mig-15 and F-86 (with Gar-8 ) to the Mig-21/F-5 server mission?

While they arnt really "vietnam" planes, neither is the Mig-21 Bis and would add some variety and you dont have to rotate.

At the very least they can be used for ground attack, P-51 in a Korea Server.

Edited by GrmlZ

tbh I like both generations very much but I´m not entirely sure if a rotation would be so good for the player numbers.

Wouldn´t it be possible to add MiG-15 and F-86 and assign them a separate area of operation for dogfighting each other?

If i do this it would split the combat positions and i think to have everything concentrated is a vital part of the server to ensure action.

If i do this it would split the combat positions and i think to have everything concentrated is a vital part of the server to ensure action.

I dont think it would be necessary to split them. If you see it as a "vietnam era" server but with F-86 Sabres and Mig-15s too. (and maybe UH-1s and MI-8s also? )

As i said, at the very least they could take ground attack roles, like A-4s and the like did in Vietnam.

And, in the right situation they can take on F-5s/mig-21s as well.

I dont think it would be necessary to split them. If you see it as a "vietnam era" server but with F-86 Sabres and Mig-15s too. (and maybe UH-1s and MI-8s also? )

As i said, at the very least they could take ground attack roles, like A-4s and the like did in Vietnam.

And, in the right situation they can take on F-5s/mig-21s as well.

Appard from the saber and the Mig15 these Aircrafct are already in the mission.

I guess i will just include the Kora stuff there too.

I will work on a troop transportation scrpit for the mission after my exams.

I would like a rotation personally, it is more accurate and immersive, we already have to imagine that we are over Korea. If we had those 2 that won't help. I appreciate that you want to please the most folks but you go along that line we end up with no one willing to fly the underdogs.

my 2 cent

Could you please enable awacs radio frequency also for L39ZA? I've cycled through all 20 radio channel presets, but couldn't find the working one.

Also it would be interesting to have solo flight (leaving the instructor home) & shroud (hood) off...for improved rearward visibility. Maybe currently 2 out of 4 planes spawned as solo would do the trick. Cheers!

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

Setting up GCI for the L-39 might not be that simple as I'm having issues setting up frequencies and getting replies in 1.5.4. I've had success with the E-2 but wasn't able to set matching channel frequencies and have them work with certainty - it was very much 'trial and error'.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Setting up GCI for the L-39 might not be that simple as I'm having issues setting up frequencies and getting replies in 1.5.4. I've had success with the E-2 but wasn't able to set matching channel frequencies and have them work with certainty - it was very much 'trial and error'.

I'm not very experienced in the mission editor, so I don't know what might cause the issue. The multiplayer mission in question is utilising the awacs plane and Mig21 has channel 0 set to 124Mhz AM for communications with it, which works. I've loaded up the singleplayer mission of Mig21 module called Intercept, swapped Mig21 with L39ZA and edited radio preset on radio station channel 0 to 124Mhz and awacs responded to me every time. I'm using the simulation preset, so no easy comms, radio assists etc.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

The multiplayer mission in question is utilising the awacs plane and Mig21 has channel 0 set to 124Mhz AM for communications with it, which works.

The ACG F-5 vs MiG-21, Tiger vs Fishbed server uses

• A ground based EWR_1L13 for Redfor GCI with it's default freq. 124MHz.
  • A airborne E-2D for Blufor AWACS on 251MHz

Although I couldn't receive the GCI station parked at Sochi-Adler once airborne, the L-39ZA with channel 0 edited to 124 MHz, worked for AWACS/GCI calls.

As the mission is WIP I'm sure it'll be fixed on the next pass.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080