DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

HI Ciribob. I managed to use the SR in MP. I uninstalled Lotatc to update to the new version and then I did a Try without Lotatc and now work. Can you tell me how install Lotatc without brake SR? both working

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ciribob, thanks for the response. In fact, I have fixed it although I am not sure what the source of the problem was.

i carefully checked through all my Saved Games files and found that during the update to 2.5, the export.lua file had become cut to around half its length, although the SRS line at the end had not been altered (that had been the first thing I checked). Because my export.lua is around 330kb in length (it contains all Capt Zeen's Helios data) I did not work through it, but merely replaced it with the file from my 1.5.8 (in which SRS works fine). The result is that SRS now works perfectly.

Thanks again for your speedy response, and, of course, for SRS itself.

I am having an issue with the Harrier. SRS sees both radios (COMM1 and COMM2) and I can transmit and receive on both. BUT SRS is not registering when I change the preset channel on COMM2 and thus COMM2 is stuck on freq 30 mhz.

Anyone else having this issue?

P.S. SRS is registering when I change the preset channel on COMM1

"Lawyer by Profession, Pilot by Heart...and self-confessed Harrier tragic"

Hey, I wanted to ask, is it normal to have voice interference when you have two people talking to you on two frequencies ?
You'll get some distortion as you're mixing two low quality 16k streams together that have also been filtered but you should be able to hear what they're saying. Also depends on which ear you've got it set going too.

Pm me a recording and I'll let you know it's its right or a bug.

Also depends on connection and everyone else's connections that you're recieving.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I see a 'installer" and a "latest release" and a download for windows 10 users. I am using windows 10. Also have teamspeak installed.

What do I need to download and in what order?

I'd watch the video linked on the first page. Explains the process, it should be very quick to install :)

This program is completely separate and unrelated to teamspeak.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I've searched, but all I could find is the IP for Buddy Spike..

Is there a list of SRS server IP addresses somewhere?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I've searched, but all I could find is the IP for Buddy Spike..

Is there a list of SRS server IP addresses somewhere?

Last I checked it was 5.189.162.17:5014 but might've changed idk

Edit: nope still the same, you can check on gadget.buddyspike.net

I have BuddySpike. I was wondering if there was a list of all the servers so I could add them to my Favs in SRS.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

So in theory if I have two different sources, each in its own ear, there should be no distortion ?

Gotcha !

I understand the distortion when people are talking over each other, but I thought that when the different sources are on the same ear, there shouldn't be a problem (like when on the desktop).

Guess I've thought wrong

In this case, I have a suggestions as all aircraft have different sets of radios and have them in different orders...

Maybe a preset page for all the different aircraft, which radio to which channel and so on (+keybinds), so you don't have to change settings every time.

Or a more general approach, where instead of channels for radio 1, radio 2... etc., you got channel settings for UHF, VHF FM(UHF2), VHF FM. This way, you don't need to swap options for the different aircraft (keybinds, sound settings, etc.). I believe this would be a great design idea.

Another things is as mentioned before by 104th members, having a more user friendly, plug and play, set-up. Having -80 on the mic gain and +300 on the speaker output as default,

A question I have is, how does line of sight work for the observer slots ?

Cheers and thank you for the great software !

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Feature Request: As you already know who is who from a server perspective, would it be possible to have a field transmitted with the radio call of that users name, then display that user next to the respective radio so people know who is talking?

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Feature Request: As you already know who is who from a server perspective, would it be possible to have a field transmitted with the radio call of that users name, then display that user next to the respective radio so people know who is talking?

Cheers Specter

I think the point of SRS is to simulate real life Comms. Hence you should be using proper brevity and starting all calls with who you're calling follow by your callsign. No need for a crutch of the persons name being shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Cheers Specter

Trying to add names show up as someone is speaking would take a lot of additional work, besides people have to learn how to talk on the radio as you would in a real aircraft.

A nice option would be to have something like the server admin panel, where you can see who is connected (obviously without the option for kick and ban), show up in a window outside of the game. Just so you know, with who you would be able to talk

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I see it from a administration point, so far you can never know who is abusing, at least as player. (Is there a way for admin to already see this?)

The reasons why you would want to see who is transmitting at the moment are many, from troubleshooting hard/software issues to policing trolls.

Unable to host a server. My ports (in this case, 5012 and 5013) are forwarded correctly in my router control panel, but when I throw the server up and try to test the port 5012 I'm using I get this.

uSJUUSB.png

Here's the server log.

2018-02-17 02:45:33.1279 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState | Unable to read banned.txt System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'.

File name: 'C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\banned.txt'

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)

at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)

at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerState.PopulateBanList()

2018-02-17 02:45:33.1279 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener INIT

2018-02-17 02:45:33.1279 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Waiting for a connection on 5012...

2018-02-17 02:45:33.1279 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Binding to 50121

2018-02-17 02:45:33.1279 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Bound to 50121

2018-02-17 02:45:33.1445 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Waiting for Shutdown...

2018-02-17 02:45:41.5944 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Waiting for Shutting down...

2018-02-17 02:45:41.5944 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Shutdown Requested

2018-02-17 02:45:41.5954 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Waiting for a connection on 5012...

2018-02-17 02:45:41.5954 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Server Listen error: Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.Socket'. System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.Socket'.

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginAccept(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync.StartListening()

2018-02-17 02:45:41.5944 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync | Error accepting socket System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.Socket'.

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndAccept(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.ServerSync.AcceptCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

2018-02-17 02:45:56.6941 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.Network.TCPVoiceRouter | VOIP Listener Shutdown

I'm dumbfounded here, I spent the last few hours with a buddy trying everything under the sun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you successfully forwarded anything else? If you can connect to your local SRS using 127.0.0.1 then unfortunately it's a networking problem with router or ISP.

If you're behind a double nat, as I am, you just can't forward as far as I know :(

We tried your SRS, and a lot of our team was quite sad.

- The R-8XX series radios do not change by 0.001, the minimum step is 0.25

- The fact that distance only affects volume, it should just apply distortion and not make the voice quiet.

- Due to difference of input devices of real AC's and our headphones, SRS needs a filter that would cut out high frequencies. Real radio transitions sound a lot more dampened.

Plus some problems -

2 people had problems with SRS not seeing any input devices, even keyboards and mice.

1 person had problem with SRS interfering with his HOTAS axis somehow.

SRS is a great tool, but definitely needs more work.

Btw, this is not criticism, just reporting some stuff.

- The R-8XX series radios do not change by 0.001, the minimum step is 0.25

^ which airframes are you in?

If its non FC3 that is all DCS provides from the aircraft natively and a DCS bug (if the radio should do this)

If its FC3 there are hotkeys for 0.001, 0.01 etc - check controls

- The fact that distance only affects volume, it should just apply distortion and not make the voice quiet.

For now I just do volume - for certain the volume goes down at distance as the circuit tries to clean the noise, but noise needs to be added too and it will in time, no worries :)

- Due to difference of input devices of real AC's and our headphones, SRS needs a filter that would cut out high frequencies. Real radio transitions sound a lot more dampened.

There is already a high and low pass filter on the 16KHz audio so the high frequencies get cut. Please make sure that Radio effects are ON for this to work. Check at the bottom of settings. It can be toggled at any time so you can hear the difference between both. If it needs more - please send a recording so I can adjust appropriately.

Plus some problems -

2 people had problems with SRS not seeing any input devices, even keyboards and mice.

1 person had problem with SRS interfering with his HOTAS axis somehow.

Please report more details than this - did the user press "Allow more input devices" if so that'll be why and there is a warning box telling you this might happen :P Make sure its OFF and restart SRS - all should be detected then

For the person with interference in HOTAS - no idea how that could happen as I just poll to see what the state of buttons is.

Please post logs or I can't help you or anyone else. Happy for feedback but need more concrete info or I can't diagnose.

I can also give help on Discord here - https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey

which airframes are you in?

If its non FC3 that is all DCS provides from the aircraft natively and a DCS bug (if the radio should do this)

If its FC3 there are hotkeys for 0.001, 0.01 etc - check controls

I know about the hotkeys, but the steps are still to fine, most Russian radios R-800, R-862 and so on (Mig-29's, Su-27/33, Mig-21), have a step of 0.25 as the minimum.

For now I just do volume - for certain the volume goes down at distance as the circuit tries to clean the noise, but noise needs to be added too and it will in time, no worries :)

That's good to hear! :thumbup:

There is already a high and low pass filter on the 16KHz audio so the high frequencies get cut. Please make sure that Radio effects are ON for this to work. Check at the bottom of settings. It can be toggled at any time so you can hear the difference between both. If it needs more - please send a recording so I can adjust appropriately.

We did turn them on, and yet it still mostly sounds like talking in temaspeak.

Please report more details than this - did the user press "Allow more input devices" if so that'll be why and there is a warning box telling you this might happen :P Make sure its OFF and restart SRS - all should be detected then

Hmm, we must have missed that, I'll tell them to turn it off and try again. Thanks!

For the person with interference in HOTAS - no idea how that could happen as I just poll to see what the state of buttons is.

Please post logs or I can't help you or anyone else. Happy for feedback but need more concrete info or I can't diagnose.

I can also give help on Discord here - https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey

I'll ask him to send in logs. He just said that as soon as SRS was on his axis start to jump around and its impossible to fly formation.

As soon as he turns of SRS, everything goes back to normal.

But we also think it might be something with the latest DCS patch since this was happening on 2.5 beta. And even people without SRS installed were saying that controls were acting funny.

Anyway I'll send logs as soon as possible. Thanks for this super nice program man!

I know about the hotkeys, but the steps are still to fine, most Russian radios R-800, R-862 and so on (Mig-29's, Su-27/33, Mig-21), have a step of 0.25 as the minimum.

Ah gotcha, sorry misunderstood.

For FC3 this won't change as the controls and steps are common for all FC3 radios. Only the radio names and frequency ranges are different and it'll make it too complicated to have different steps for different radios. Sorry :)

Hopefully we'll get some more Russian aircraft soon as the cockpit modelled radios will be (and are in the ka50/mi8) correct.