LotAtc 4 DCS - 0.9.2

DArt

One year

One year after the first release (0.8.0), I release the 0.9.2. Minor version, but still lot of new features inside!

• Fix for incomplete picture in client that appears with DCS 1.2.8.
  • There is also lot of fix/enhancement for BRAA.
  • You can add/manage bookmarks for server
  • Add the vertical indicator (show arrow for altitude variation)
  • see changelog & screenshots below...

Changelog:

• Better chat notification (sound notification)
  • Chat list not scrolled
  • Memorize last servers and associated passwords (bookmark)
  • Add Labels attributes list directly in LotAtc Client
  • New variable %(vert_indic) for aircraft labels
    • Add %(vert_indic) to default labels

[*]BRAA

• add ability to display/hide individually
    • text-on-map UI

Note: Documentation is not fully updated to this version yet, it will come in next days.

DOWNLOAD HERE: Download

Some screenshots

More here: http://lotatc.dartsite.org/news/41

bookmarks.png braa_show.png vertical_indicator.png

Next?

The next main release will be the 1.0.0 with share drawing support, Glide ILS support, a new client UI, new options for server... Lot of these are already coded and will be stabilised in next weeks wink.png

The full approach with taxiways/tower view will certainly postponed in 1.1.0 because I am waiting the EDGE released to make all airports correctly.

It is a change from my initial roadmap but I prefer to release the drawing part that is already ready with the updated UI of client, then concentrate my work on EDGE support (multi-map).

Here some screenshots of the current 1.0.0-alpha1. UI is far to be finished but it will give you a good preview of my current work, no fake in that, all of feature shown in theses screenshots already works! smile.png

More here: http://lotatc.dartsite.org/news/41

new_ui.png glide.png new_dcs_options.png shared_drawing.png various_draw_type.png

Awesome work, DArt! :thumbup:

What's the state with a more real B/E implemtation? For instance:

+ possibility to hook the B/E and any contact

+ B/E information, if I hook a friendly and another contact (BRAA and B/E data)

IIRC, some time ago you wrote, that the read-out from the weather data of DCS will be fixed (QFE/ QNH, dynamic weather data). How's the status?

I - and our virtual fighter squadron - like your LotATC very much! It adds so much realism to our training, thank you for your work and keep it up!

One last question: Do you plan some manual stuff, like "how to be a GCI operator?" or something else? I know, you have done some nice documentation for your tool. But operational manuals (like flight manuals for the planes) for GCI are very very rare.

kind regards,

Fire

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome work, DArt! :thumbup:

What's the state with a more real B/E implemtation? For instance:

+ possibility to hook the B/E and any contact

+ B/E information, if I hook a friendly and another contact (BRAA and B/E data)

Thanks a lot! Very happy to know that you love it! :thumbup:

Sorry, but what stands for B/E ? By developing LotAtc, I found that there is a lot of terms that are different on each country, I prefer to understand correctly what you would like :)

IIRC, some tiem ago you wrote, that the read-out from the weather data of DCS will be fixed (QFE/ QNH, dynamic weather data). How's the status?

I spend lot of time in DCS to extract better weather datas. For dynamic, it is very complex because I have only access to raw datas (depression position and size) and it is not really usable at this moment, so no better support for dynamic weather for next release (except changes in DCS of course).

For static weather, it will updated for the 1.0.0 release, better UI than 0.9.2 view (with correct fix for QNH)

One last question: Do you plan some manual stuff, like "how to be a GCI operator?" or something else? I know, you have done some nice documentation for your tool. But operational manuals (like flight manuals for the planes) for GCI are very very rare.

Yes, me and my underground team would like to make some but we have not found time yet. I am agree with you, operational manual will be a great value!

Thanks a lot! Very happy to know that you love it! :thumbup:

Sorry, but what stands for B/E ? By developing LotAtc, I found that there is a lot of terms that are different on each country, I prefer to understand correctly what you would like :)

Sorry mate, B/E is the short term for bullseye.

[quote=DArt;2078556

Yes, me and my underground team would like to make some but we have not found time yet. I am agree with you, operational manual will be a great value!

We have some real former GCI operators in our squadron (Bundeswehr). Maybe they have some sources, I can share.

Thanks for your answers,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

CTD as serverhost

Hi DArt,

I've the same problem, as in LotATC 0.9.0 - CTD at starting the gameserver (as host).

I checked this:

+ LotATC ist enabled in DCS (realisitic mode, icon is visible in the main menue)

+ LotATC server installation (checked)

+ renamed the DCS folder (it helps in the past, at the moment it doesn't)

+ I tried this again (it doesn't help now)

+ Port 10310 is open

Gameserver without LotATC:

I can run a game server, if LotATC is disabled, so my firewall isn't the problem.

System:

+ Windows 7 64bit

+ LotATC 64 bit

+ DCS "vanilla" installation (no mods, but TARS and Tacview installed)

Client:

If my buddy hosts the server, I can use the LotATC client without problems. His LotATC works fine with this mission.

Attachments:

+ Mission (works for my buddy as host)

+ DCS.log

+ LotAtc_server.log

Thanks in advance,

regards Fire

DCA-OCA_Maykop128.miz

Logs.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your installation is ok, all seems correctly setup. It seems that LotAtc crashes with the boat ticonderog on sensors detection... Very strange, first time I see that. I will make some tests and code review to understand why it causes crash (and why it does not crash on others computer).

Thanks for the full report, very useful !

Looks like interesting software. I haven't read the manual yet I understand what an ATC is. But can we get perhaps a promotional video to desmonstrate how this software benifits gameplay?

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

This tool is not just an ATC tool (some functions for full ATC supports are on the to-do list), it's at the moment more a GCI tool.

How this benefits gameplay?

It makes DCS much more real! In reality - today - you don't have any fighter in the air, without GCI/ AWACS support. The DCS AWACS isn't perfect (or near real) IMO, so this tool adds a lot realism to your "gameplay".

We use it in our virtual fighter squadron (with one GCI operator) for:

+ ATC stuff (almost yet)

+ GCI controlled intercepts (QRA)

+ C² support in other mission tasks (labeling and targeting for CAP missions)

Look at youtube for some videos ... ;)

regards,

Fire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This tool is not just an ATC tool (some functions for full ATC supports are on the to-do list), it's at the moment more a GCI tool.

How this benefits gameplay?

It makes DCS much more real! In reality - today - you don't have any fighter in the air, without GCI/ AWACS support. The DCS AWACS isn't perfect (or near real) IMO, so this tool adds a lot realism to your "gameplay".

We use it in our virtual fighter squadron (with one GCI operator) for:

+ ATC stuff (almost yet)

+ GCI controlled intercepts (QRA)

+ C² support in other mission tasks (labeling and targeting for CAP missions)

Look at youtube for some videos ... ;)

regards,

Fire

share ur links?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

When would be 1.0.0 ready as beta?

I working hardly on it but it will take me lot of time. I hope to have something at end of September (just for idea, can be before or after, depending of lot of things).

The airport part is a very complex, I am currently try to manage correctly all airports with precision and fix magnetic deviation error.

Lot of things is already working (shared drawing, new UI on client, maps optimisation, airports datas extracted from DCS, custom profile on server) but all approach part is under progress. :)

Be sure LotAtc 1.0.0 is coming, just need some time to be developed correctly as previous version :)

I working hardly on it but it will take me lot of time. I hope to have something at end of September (just for idea, can be before or after, depending of lot of things).

The airport part is a very complex, I am currently try to manage correctly all airports with precision and fix magnetic deviation error.

Lot of things is already working (shared drawing, new UI on client, maps optimisation, airports datas extracted from DCS, custom profile on server) but all approach part is under progress. :)

Be sure LotAtc 1.0.0 is coming, just need some time to be developed correctly as previous version :)

Hi Dart, I thought there is a team of development :D

BTW, the new features are fantastic, highly appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hi Dart, I thought there is a team of development :D

BTW, the new features are fantastic, highly appreciated.

Thank you.

I am the team, I am the only developer for LotAtc. ;)

However, I have a (great) team to help me for bugs/quality/support/documentation, but for coding, I am alone and it is only on night time :)

• 2 weeks later...

I check your logs, it seems that LotAtc is disabled in options (to be confirmed). Try to run DCS World, go in Options -> Special -> LotAtc 4 DCS ( see here ), click on enabled (if already enabled, click 2 times, one to disable, second to re-enable). Sometimes, options is badly save in DCS, and disabled then enabled LotAtc is a solution.

Try and let me know ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here some news of the development of the 1.0.0!

Some news of the current development of the 1.0.0 version of LotAtc. Lot of things has been already done and I hope to release the final 1.0.0 version for this autumn (will also depends of DCS 2.0 release that could break lot of things in LotAtc...) . Here some things that are already done or in progress with screenshots:

Note: All following screen are not representing final version, it is only to illustrate current state of LotAtc wink.png

dcs_options.png

airport_infos.png

More information and detailled features for 1.0.0 with screenshots here: http://lotatc.dartsite.org/news/42

Thanks for the update. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here some news of the development of the 1.0.0!

More information and detailled features for 1.0.0 with screenshots here: http://lotatc.dartsite.org/news/42

great!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]