Operation Persian Gauntlet - Jane's F-15 Iran Campaign Reimagined

GrizzlyBear83

I cannot understand why it crashes with the helos. It's like almost that if you linger to long with the helos the game CTDs. During testing, to expedite game time, I used unlimited weapons and just blasted through them.

I'm playing the campaign now and I'm past the helo missions and I'm bombing targets already. Haven't had crashes during aircraft only engagements or strike missions so far, nor many during testing. I've flown all missions before I released it.

I'll upload a updated zip file with a optional campaign file without the helo missions, there's like three of them in the campaign, so you guys having trouble can play the rest of the campaign. Give me a couple of hours.

My wingman refuses to engage anything.

I locked up several helos, ordered him with Windows+Q to "Attack my target"....and nothing.

Also tried "Engage bandits"...also nothing.

He just flies around following me. Ideas?

Regarding the AI wingmen, they're kinda stupid when it comes to helos. You might benefit with the optional campaign file as well.

Keep an eye here, I'll make a post once it's up.

Sorry about the inconvenience (although the AI is out of my control).

Edited by GrizzlyBear83

Added a optional campaign file in the download for those having crashing issues with the anti-helicopter missions, this file removes the early anti-helicopter missions. Just overwrite the original campaign file. You have to redownload the campaign of course.

Edited by GrizzlyBear83

Added a optional campaign file in the download for those having crashing issues with the anti-helicopter missions, this file removes the early anti-helicopter missions. Just overwrite the original campaign file. You have to redownload the campaign of course.

Thanks. I tried 3 times before giving up on the first mission because of CTDs.

In my case, it was always right before a helo would hit the water after being shot down.

Hi, thanks for the campaign.

I'm having CTD issues too I'm afraid - had a repeated crash on one of the helicopter interception missions, and now a recurring crash on the SAR mission. This one has occurred 3 times at a similar point in time - I splash one group of hostiles, the SAR helicopters report that they are RTB, then I get a crash engaging the second group of hostiles.

I've unbound PAL/PLM so isn't related to that. The similar timing makes me think it might be script related?

Thanks

is possible that these crashes have anything to do with the campaing beeing used with the low res mod for exterior e cockipit of the f14? I've downloaded those mods from the user files in the DCS website

is possible that these crashes have anything to do with the campaing beeing used with the low res mod for exterior e cockipit of the f14? I've downloaded those mods from the user files in the DCS website

Probably not, because I get the crashes and I don't use that mod.

Same here - CTDs even when using the optional campaign file. For me the crash occurs almost always very after I splash first bandit whatever it is. And this was true for the anti-heli missions as well as the later ones.

after some testing I discover that the crashes are associated with a specific chopper. There are 2 groups of MI-8. The group that is near your fly path is perfect killable. The group that is a little far away has one specific chopper that if you kill that chopper the game is going to crash... don't know if it helps

after some testing I discover that the crashes are associated with a specific chopper. There are 2 groups of MI-8. The group that is near your fly path is perfect killable. The group that is a little far away has one specific chopper that if you kill that chopper the game is going to crash... don't know if it helps

Nope, got crashes after killing choppers of both groups. Latest crash was right when switching to guns. Really hope this can be solved.

I’ve been crashing as well, on the second non-helicopter mission (Pontiac 9 SAR flight). Can’t wait to play all the way through, though - I really love what I’ve been able to play so far.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

This a really nice little campaign, had a lot of fun with it so far. Quite challenging and you're often on a real knife edge between victory and total devastation if you don't get those pesky Mirages dead to rights!

However, I found quite a few bugs with the mission INA05_E.MIZ. Firstly, the briefing is wrong - it tells you the mission is to hunt down Iranian patrol boats and take them out, and advises a loadout including a targeting pod and LGBs. However, on actually starting the mission you find you have a purely AA loadout and there's not a patrol boat to be found. Instead it's a continuation of the previous mission where you have to protect a pair of Hueys from incoming air threats so they can ferry survivors from damaged shipping to safety on a nearby island. I also got a lot of text box messages with "dictkey_wptname_xxx" (where xxx is a set of numbers) while presumably hitting triggers.

The mission actually works great and I completed it fine, just a bit messy!

This is an absolute blast. It forced me to finally take the time to learn how to use the LANTIRN pod (albeit with the pilot mod).

Edited by TacoGrease
Don’t even trip, dawg

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

This a really nice little campaign, had a lot of fun with it so far. Quite challenging and you're often on a real knife edge between victory and total devastation if you don't get those pesky Mirages dead to rights!

However, I found quite a few bugs with the mission INA05_E.MIZ. Firstly, the briefing is wrong - it tells you the mission is to hunt down Iranian patrol boats and take them out, and advises a loadout including a targeting pod and LGBs. However, on actually starting the mission you find you have a purely AA loadout and there's not a patrol boat to be found. Instead it's a continuation of the previous mission where you have to protect a pair of Hueys from incoming air threats so they can ferry survivors from damaged shipping to safety on a nearby island. I also got a lot of text box messages with "dictkey_wptname_xxx" (where xxx is a set of numbers) while presumably hitting triggers.

The mission actually works great and I completed it fine, just a bit messy!

I'm crashing at this mission. How did you complete it?

I just... did! I think it's been established the crashes are bugs in the current F-14 openbeta code to do with PAL mode. I've had plenty of crashes due to it, and this campaign is particularly bad due to the number of low altitude aircraft (i.e. helicopters) you intercept, which Jester is useless at locking up for you so you end up using PAL a lot. It's a bit of a crap shoot if you get a crash after using PAL. Also if you're lucky and your wingmen get properly stuck in that naturally helps both in likeliness of mission completion but also reducing the number of enemies you need to lock!

Smart use of AWACS is important too, you get three of them in these missions but you need to pay attention to which is actually going to be most relevant to where the objectives are as the others of course will be mostly useless. Getting the drop on incoming flights at range is also crucial to avoid needing PAL.

Hopefully when we get the next beta update this will finally all be fixed.

In the meantime I'm struggling with the next mission. The objective is not that tough, but it's all at night and night time trapping is the stuff of nightmares..

Try not to use Pal. I completede the mission using Sparrow in Boresight mode and Sidewinder with Seam without radar lock. In this way i did not experienced crahs (wich immediatly happen as soon as you lock a target with Pal).

Is this campaign working with the new update to 2.5.5.31917? Or should I revert back to the earlier version of DCS?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Let's see - I think it's the 22nd mission. It's the destruction of an Iranian chem weapons plant.

"INC09_E.miz"

"INC10_E.miz"

Curiously, in the Mission Editor, the player F-14 flight is present, but not when you actually play.

Little help? lol

Edited by TacoGrease
Additional Info

• 4 weeks later...