WMR Wakeup from Standby

Mikey74

does somebody know, how to wakeup the HMD from Standby without restarting the Computer or unplug all cables ? I cant find anything.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB DDR4-3600 MHz, Gigabyte Aorus Pro-P B550M, Zotac RTX 3090, Varjo Aero

Doesn´t it wake up automatically, when you start a VR application?

If not, then there´s something wrong. Do you have "WindowsMixedReality for SteamVR" installed or "SteamVR" only?

Is there a sensor inside between the lenses of the HP HMD? WMR in windows should start, when you put the headset on or simply cover the sensor with a finger ...

Did it ever start? Is the HMD and VR new to you?

You should describe your problem a little more ...

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Then something ain't right with mine.

Mixed Reality Portal and Steam VR is running, all works great in DCS. If i put it back on my head after a break of 10Mins or so the HMD-Screen keeps Black. But i can see all on my Monitors, in Portal and Steam VR.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB DDR4-3600 MHz, Gigabyte Aorus Pro-P B550M, Zotac RTX 3090, Varjo Aero

If everything else, including Windows 10 is up to date, the only advice I could give, is: try another USB connection for the headset.

Edit: if any other USB connection ( 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 ) doesn´t do any better, try to set the USB HUBs in windows device manager not to be controlled by windows power saving options.

Edited by - Voight -

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

I'll give that a try.

Edit: Didnt work. Funny thing is Tracking still works, only the screen is gone.

Edited by Mikey74

It sounds that the problem is not with the HP headset, as you mentioned it works fine, but the screens don´t wake up after going into sleep mode.

First guess is still to look into windows power settings. Maybe the power supply is too low, which might be the case even if it´s around 750Watt - the RTX card sucks a lot of power from the system.

Do you know this new Windows Ultimate power setting? Maybe activating it, could help... hope you get it solved.

I've got the same problem, If the wmr goes in standby while dcs is running then I have to quit and restart dcs. I think it's related to the way wmr is handled by steamvr

Checking some settings in Steam VR currently.

Without Steam VR and only running Mixed Reality Portal, the HMD works after Standby.

Now i think that Steam VR is the Problem too (1.3.23).

• ED Team

maybe a faulty headset? Is it still in warranty?

I had a DELL visor do the same, screens would go black and still track, turned out it was faulty and I had it replaced.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

maybe a faulty headset? Is it still in warranty?

I had a DELL visor do the same, screens would go black and still track, turned out it was faulty and I had it replaced.

i know i have some Shapackle contact sometimes, cause mine has been falling down from a truck, so Guarantee is not a word i can speak for :) The HMD is working.

Still looking for a fix

Edited by Mikey74