Just a simple question here...

531-Ghost

Maybe you should provide some more information, because I don't really know what you're talking about.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Apparently Skyjet International LLC (per the packaging of the module) is whom the licence has been acquired through? Am I mistaken? Like I said, not trying to stir any pot, just trying to be clear. Also, like I've stated, I've worked with Bell and NAVAIR for over 20 years. Bell/BHTI is VERY protective of their intellectual property. They own all the simulator software (the real deal) for the AH and UH currently in the inventory. Oh, and then there's this:

http://www.bellhelicopter.com/legal/copyright-notice

:joystick:

Speaking in riddles? Copyright as in © as in Bell as in, intellectual property OF Bell/BHTI, NOT Skyjet International LLC. How does one get a licence through one company that clearly does not represent BHTI?

Common sense tells us we don't know half the story and they have a legal team and acquired all the propped licensing required. Eagle dynamics is not new at this and would not allow a third party to cause litigation due to improper licences.

"Theirs not to reason why, Theirs just to do and die." Lets just enjoy the module and not over think it.

Edited by agentdarnell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think what Ghost is getting at Flagrum is that he is questioning the legality of the license of the Bell's IP for the UH-1 because the way BST has stated the copyright info (see below) it sounds like it's from a 3rd party company that Ghost has never heard of and not directly from Bell/Textron. In the manual in the table of contents page, there is a statement of:

"Bell, UH-1H Huey, emblems, logos, and body designs are trademarks of Textron Innovations Inc. and are used under license by Sky Jet International LLC (copyright symbol)"

From what I can find on the net, Skyjet International is a arcade simulator company that does arcade and mobile games and is from Belarus. Founder is Vasily Veka and Alexander Veka. They also founded Altwolf software development. Belsimtek is also from Belarus. So my guess is BST knows them and sub-licensing the IP from Skyjet or BST, Skyjet and Altwolf are all the same people. BST's page has no info about who the owners are.

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think what Ghost is getting at Flagrum is that he is questioning the legality of the license of the Bell's IP for the UH-1 because the way BST has stated the copyright info (see below) it sounds like it's from a 3rd party company that Ghost has never heard of and not directly from Bell/Textron. In the manual in the table of contents page, there is a statement of:

"Bell, UH-1H Huey, emblems, logos, and body designs are trademarks of Textron Innovations Inc. and are used under license by Sky Jet International LLC (copyright symbol)"

From what I can find on the net, Skyjet International is a arcade simulator company that does arcade and mobile games and is from Belarus. Founder is Vasily Veka and Alexander Veka. They also founded Altwolf software development. Belsimtek is also from Belarus. So my guess is BST knows them and sub-licensing the IP from Skyjet or BST, Skyjet and Altwolf are all the same people. BST's page has no info about who the owners are.

DING DING DING! Thank you!

So, again I ask: How does one get a licence through one company that clearly does not represent BHTI?

Common sense tells us we don't know half the story and they have a legal team and acquired all the propped licensing required. Eagle dynamics is not new at this and would not allow a third party to cause litigation due to improper licences.

"Ours is not to reason why, Ours is but to do or die." Lets just enjoy the module and not over think it.

Fixed :thumbup:

DING DING DING! Thank you!

So, again I ask: How does one get a licence through one company that clearly does not represent BHTI?

It depends on the licencing agreement between Skyjet and BHTI then the agreement between Skyjet and BST. But since we are not privy to those agreements and like another poster stated that ED would not allow a 3rd party publisher to publish a module in DCS without the proper agreements, that the agreements are on the legal side of copyright law.

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It depends on the licencing agreement between Skyjet and BHTI then the agreement between Skyjet and BST. But since we are not privy to those agreements and like another poster stated that ED would not allow a 3rd party publisher to publish a module in DCS without the proper agreements, that the agreements are on the legal side of copyright law.

Thanks, again.

Gents believe it or not, this isn't my first rodeo. I actually get to work with (read play with) the UH1Y, AH1W, AH1Z and MH60S, in the real world. I played with the AH and UH at MCAS CPEN for 20 years. Now I get to play with the MH60S. I did contact BHTI on an unrelated project I was considering. BHTI wanted mucho dinero for any data they would have to provide as well permission to use any Bell related copyrighted material. I have the material I'd need to pull off the project IF PMA 276 were to grant me authorization to use (for personal use) the material I have available to me.