Which aircraft are you most interested in?

Griffin

Which aircraft are you most interested in?  

683 members have voted

1. 1. Which aircraft are you most interested in?

• Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt
    • Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX
    • Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4
    • Hawker Typhoon IB
    • Focke Wulf FW.190A-5
    • Douglas A-26B-15 Invader
    • Messerschmitt Me 262A-1
    • Lockheed P-38J-15 Lightning
    • de Havilland Mosquito FB.VI
    • Boeing B-17

not VOTE.

Right on ! I wish ED hadn't given us a polling function . Most all of them are inadequate or ill-conceived .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell everyone wants a Typhoon on the first place and not the Tempest? :doh:

All DCS allied pilots complaints they do not have 150 octane fuel and are envious of MW50 on Luftwaffe fighters. Tempest would be a respectable adversary to them.... Are not here any pure fighter pilots but only strafing maniacs? :megalol:

n.b. THIS IS NOT THE START OF THE FLAME! Take my note with the grain of salt pls :music_whistling:

Solution to the existing problem is not adding more planes barely connected with theater. Typhoon would be a fantastic addition, while solution to the MW 50 is addition of older and more appropriate designs for this time and place. Would that be 109 G-6AS and 109 G-14 ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Solution to the existing problem is not adding more planes barely connected with theater. Typhoon would be a fantastic addition, while solution to the MW 50 is addition of older and more appropriate designs for this time and place. Would that be 109 G-6AS and 109 G-14 ?

Sure, some 109 G variants would give as more equal opponents to Spit and P-51 and in case of server admin do not allow K4 and 190D9 the arena would be good. But unfortunately, most of the admins let players choose all available planes so that IMHO even with G6AS or G14 most players still would fly K4 online - so having Tempest would be therefore IMHO right solution...

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

The only reason the K-4 and D-9 are allowed on SoW is because there is no G-6. If there was there would be no K-4. I also think that there is a bit of worry that people who have the K-4 don't have the A-8 and this may be true but it also might be because they have no reason to fly it when The K-4 is available.

Burning Skies is a totally different case, people will fly the best available aircraft to prove how superior they are to the opposition, so you are correct, they will choose the K-4 most of the time if they own it.

Edit: we would have more historical mission based servers if we had a plane set that wasn't anachronistic and a meeting complete assets pack.

Edited by 71st_AH Rob

109G6. Yes, cant wait to club some helpless G6 seals in spit 9 and P51D. :D You cant run, cant turn, cant climb or dive away mwahahaha. Easy kills

Late g-6 with mw-50

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor