2 position ADF

Gavski1

Can't use 2 position ADF?

I set up outer and inner marker frequencies in Mission Editor. I can navigate to the outer marker but can't switch to inner marker frequency? I switch the toggle on the rim of the cockpit to position 2 but the indicator still points to outer marker.

Am I missing something?

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

Am I missing something?

Not sure, it's working for me but I couldn't hear any audio.

Tested at 500m (1500ft), 20km west of Senaki RWY 09 with zero wind.

ADF Channels

Ch 1 Outer Senaki 355 BI -... ..

Ch 1 Inner Senaki 688 B -...

I'm just really pleased to see the YAK-52 get some love as prior to this, you could hear the audio but the ADF needle didn't work.

Z945W20.jpg

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.49314

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

As there was nothing mentioned in the change log, I think it's still WIP.

But I'm pleased to see some work on the Yak. Great. No let's hope for a fix for the old CPU crash bug, since I can't start any mission in OB at the moment without getting a CTD.

Got it working fine now, there's an ON switch next to the ADF selector I didn't see this as part of the startup. If you don't have it switched on, the needle defaults to the 1st selection.

I only bought the Yak after doing the free trial. I was so Impressed with the textures and flight model. It really is great. I am now trainee pilot practicing old school landings in ILS flight conditions using the 2 ADF channels. One day I hope I make the grade and graduate to the Mig 21 :pilotfly:

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

So on stable this doesn't work? The needle never moves from the vertical position.

Correct, the ADF needle has never worked since release.

I'm just really pleased to see the YAK-52 get some love as prior to this [open beta], you could hear the audio but the ADF needle didn't work.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

OB pushed to production -> the needle moves! Yay!

Why am I more excited about this than Supercarrier? Ha!

Maybe because the feature was not announced but made it into the current build? Surprises are sometimes the best.

:lol: :thumbup:

Just did a quick flight in a mission, which I created a long time ago with Beslan and Mozdok NDB frequencies and now the needle moves.

Thanks ED for this update.

• 1 month later...