"AWACS" radio menu item is missing

diditopgun

Hi !

The "AWACS" radio menu item is missing for the Mig-15.

So you can't talk with an EWR as a GCI... You can set the frequency and listen to him giving some times BRAA, but it's when he want.... you can't ask him by the radio menu to refresh the picture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

You are absolutely right. It is pretty annoying because in real life the MiG-15 heavily relied on guidance by GCI radars. I remeber when the F-86F came out we had the same problem with AWACS in the COMM menu. The solution was to follow these steps:

1.) open the file C:\Games\DCS\Mods\aircrafts\F-86\comm.lua in Notepad++ and scroll down to the very end.

2.) Add the red line to your Comm menu

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/AWACS.lua', getfenv()))(7, {tanker = false, radar = false})

3.) Open your game and try a mission in the MiG-15 with a GCI radar/AWACS. You should now have the corresponding AWACS menu entry. (Remember: using a GCI radar you need to be associated to a coaltion with Russia before you setup a mission in the editor otherwise comms will not work - a peculiarity of DCS GCI)

Hope that solves the problem for you. Post a short answer if it works...

You are absolutely right. It is pretty annoying because in real life the MiG-15 heavily relied on guidance by GCI radars. I remeber when the F-86F came out we had the same problem with AWACS in the COMM menu. The solution was to follow these steps:

1.) open the file C:\Games\DCS\Mods\aircrafts\F-86\comm.lua in Notepad++ and scroll down to the very end.

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/AWACS.lua', getfenv()))(7, {tanker = false, radar = false})

3.) Open your game and try a mission in the MiG-15 with a GCI radar/AWACS. You should now have the corresponding AWACS menu entry. (Remember: using a GCI radar you need to be associated to a coaltion with Russia before you setup a mission in the editor otherwise comms will not work - a peculiarity of DCS GCI)

AVACS Mig-15Bis, F-86?: Doh:

AVACS Mig-15Bis, F-86?: Doh:

Ground Control for guidance on target - the same option like AWACS in DCS.

It works with MiG-21bis as well.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It works, thanks ! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. It isn't worked for me. In the end (F-86) I have:

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/ATC.lua', getfenv()))(5, {['Airdrome'] = true, ['Helipad'] = true} )

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/Ground Crew.lua', getfenv()))(8 )

Just MiG uses comm from Sabre?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, I got it to work in the MiG 15. Is there a way to contact them and ask for boggy dope, like with an AWACS?

I tried a mission with a GCI radar and didn't see anywhere to add radio freq or anything.

Hmm. It isn't worked for me. In the end (F-86) I have:

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/ATC.lua', getfenv()))(5, {['Airdrome'] = true, ['Helipad'] = true} )

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/Ground Crew.lua', getfenv()))(8 )

Just MiG uses comm from Sabre?

Hey YoYo! Obviously I was too stupid to mention the correct file name in the first post. My fault...:doh:

You need to enter the missing red line into the MiG-15´s comm.lua file, of course. Then it will work for sure.

Try it and you are good to go...

@Tango3B, ok I see now GCI entry in menu of speeches. Thx.

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-15bis\comm.lua

I tried a mission with a GCI radar and didn't see anywhere to add radio freq or anything.

Checked. I can talk but no any answer. Im in red coalition, EWR 55G6 (g.radar) too. Hmmm, any ideas?

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

You need to set the right frequency (and callsign? not sure, but I always do that) using "Perform Command" and it'll work.

Exactly. A callsign is always good to assign especially when you add multiple GCIs to your mission. But it is not needed.

@ YoYo:

The most important thing is to assign a frequency to the GCI. Do this in the same frequency format as you would for ATC communication, e.g. 3.75 Mhz. If you use the default frequency format, e.g. 131.00 Mhz, your comms will not work as the RSI-6K does not operate in that frequency range.

This should do the trick. Please give a short feedback if this works for you.

Edited by Tango3B

Exactly. A callsign is always good to assign especially when you add multiple GCIs to your mission. But it is not needed.

@ YoYo:

The most important thing is to assign a frequency to the GCI. Do this in the same frequency format as you would for ATC communication, e.g. 3.75 Mhz. If you use the default frequency format, e.g. 131.00 Mhz, your comms will not work as the RSI-6K does not operate in that frequency range.

This should do the trick. Please give a short feedback if this works for you.

Where do you assign this Freq at? I've looked all over in the mission builder with the 55G6 and the IL13. I can see where to add the freq for the AWACS but not the EWR units. This is driving me nuts, I know I'm doing something wrong.

Ok, worked! Thx a lot.

Here is important screen for the others:

Nowy-1_zpssunheiqp.jpg

Example of my mission is here. Cold and dark. GCI works now.

Take off from Maykop. So You must set up the radio in MiG for Maykop freq: 158 for sure.

MiG-15bis cold and dark.zip

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Not sure if I do something wrong....

I set AWACS freq=4.40, which relates to wave 176.

When I set the radio to wave 174 and turn the antenna until the meter deflects I can communicate with AWACS.

But after that, when I change the wave to something different I can still communictae with AWACS with no problem, as if the wave becomes sticky.

Note: I use easy comms.

EDIT!!!!

I know see that with "esy comms" the radio will automatically tune to the right frequency.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but is there any reason why this shouldn't acknowledged as proper bug, moved to bugs sub-forum and eventually fixed?

Steps with modification of comm.lua are working just fine, but it is still just a workaround and there are apparently some missions that are offering MIG pilots the AWACS service, alas, they're unable to use it without having comm.lua modded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...