Belgium Airforce Days 2018 - anyone going?

Groove

Something to keep in mind, definitely! This is pretty close to where I live ;-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I will be there on the Saturday with my grandson, we have been going to the airshows here since he was 2 years old and he is 8 now.

We live under the flight path to KB, my house is just where they turn from downwind to base.

Joe, yes it was wet last year and my video camera broke at the sunset show :(

Our first visit to the Sunset show at Sanicole, he is waiting on his cousin to fly in with a C130 :)

oznmmZK.jpg

VIP days at Sanicole 2years ago

oA38MfX.jpg

Qbp7gIu.jpg

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I will be there all three days

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

together with Rakuzard and Lino_Germany, we will attend this years Belgium Airforce Days in Kleine Brogel.

Anyone going on Saturday? Would be cool to meet & greet some of you :)

https://www.belgianairforcedays.be/index.php/nl-be/

Cheers!

If the weather is good i will be there too:)

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Dreach day here in Eksel, low cloud and a little misty but that has not stopped the practicing

nKG5V6J.jpg

1AAhV9H.jpg

This one is looking straight up from my back garden 90degree bank and in re-heat

c7usUkk.jpg

The cat took shelter under the garden furniture as the F16s roared overhead

v7FlgRY.jpg

most of the jets were over so fast they were gone by the time I got the camera to my eye

The 18:00 anticipated thunder and lightning has just arrived at 21:00 glad I got the grass cut before... well I needed an excuse to be outside with the camera ;)

Next two days ae forecast as rain but Saturday and Sunday should be sunny spells and a high of 19c/20c

Edited by Alicatt
weather info

Clan Cameron

Shame I am unable to attend this year, work got me like it usually does.

Nice to see you teaching your grandson the right hobby Alicatt, and I do feel sorry for the cat.. :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Shame I am unable to attend this year, work got me like it usually does.

Nice to see you teaching your grandson the right hobby Alicatt, and I do feel sorry for the cat.. :D

She is hiding in the lounge today as the Spotters Day gets under way, today's opening:

bn07aWB.jpg

Hand held 1000mm f16 @ 1/1000sec iso400 well they are about 5km from here :) and it looks like I'm not under the flight path today as we were yesterday

Clan Cameron

Great day was had by both of us, I never took my camera with me as I just wanted to enjoy the show.

My grandson was the first into the VIP compound and to get a go on the Euro fighter simulator, I was second and loved that curved screen and triple projector, really makes you feel like it is real (DCS graphics is better tho!) standing there as the demonstrator moved the aircraft around your inner ear got fooled and you were bracing against the movement your eyes could see, weird feeling that :)

I got a go from take off to a little aerobatics and then shooting down a hostile target and landing, it must have been on easy mode as it was too easy, but fun, I WANT ONE! :joystick::pilotfly:

An empty terrace and getting installed:

LCySr6y.jpg

Still getting their gear off the Osprey:

iB8GZQP.jpg

Two Havards and a Beechcraft:

w2AS5kT.jpg

Getting ready for lunch:

BlgUxMk.jpg

dVSLBfO.jpg

KC135

41mJ6ao.jpg

SU27

wOVwSf6.jpg

F16 + Spitfire

NHWEPNY.jpg

F35 Lightning II Simulator

8cmASQP.jpg

Clan Cameron

F35 Lightning II Simulator

Wow... What kind of simulator is that? Would that be close to the real JSF cockpit?

I couldn't attend for family reasons... Hopefully next year better luck...

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

It was there from the manufacturer Lockheed Martin, as was the Eurofighter simulator from theirs. It compares well with pictures I have seen, the screens are configurable and touch sensitive, when I was in the Eurofighter it was all done with the HOTAS and I never needed to take my hands off the controls except to raise and lower the undercarriage.

Where we were there were quite a few high ranking officers from various countries and a few manufacturers selling their wares Dassault, Eurofighter Consortium, Lockheed-Martin, Pratt & Whitney to name a few.

Sorry no pics of the Eurofighter simulator it was behind closed curtains but I did get a shot in it and was surprised that the demo guy was from close to where I live in Scotland.

How close these are to the real aircraft I cannot say but they are really sales tools and what we experienced in it was very much simplified.

Clan Cameron