BFVG Present the FV107 Scimitar

Raz_Specter

The British Fighting Vehicle Group are proud to present to the DCS community the first of many fully functioning military vehicle for your pleasure.

scimit11.jpg

Key Features:

• Compatibility with In-game JTAC / CTLD JTAC
  • Fully Combined Arms Compatible
  • Defensive Smoke Canisters implemented
  • Optical Sight including Laser Range finding / NVGs / IR Pointer / Gun Sight

Download:

Both Versions are IC compatable but can be installed in different locations:

Saved Games Version: Download

JSGME Version: Download

DCS User Files JSGME Version: Download

Installation Instructions:

Saved Games install:

1. Download the rar
  2. Extract the folder FV107 Scimitar BFVG into C:\Users\<your username>\Saved
    Games\<DCS Version>\Mods\tech
  3. Done

JSGME Compatible install:

1. Download the rar
  2. Extract the folder FV107 Scimitar BFVG into your JSGME Folder and enable
  3. Done

A special mention to the following people:

• Galm99 for the great reference images
  • Rudel for advice on animating the tracks
  • Fenrir for helping with the testing
  • SVKSniper for his time and advice

Edited by Raz_Specter
  • Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

thanks mate :) its been a mission :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic work.

Any chance of a Desert cammo version for NTTR?

Cheers

SD

We will be releasing a skin pack in the coming days which includes the following:

United Nations Skin

Desert Camo Skin

A few Screenshots of WIP Skins:

scimit12.jpg

scimit12.jpg

screen17.jpg

screen20.jpg

screen18.jpg

screen19.jpg

Cheers Specter

Edited by Raz_Specter

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we may be starting the jackal 2 very soon, visiting the Bovington Tank Museum this Friday with my camera, should be able to get some excellent reference images, unless i see something that takes my fancy while walking round :)

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A Goliath remote controlled bomb would be good. Rare stuff like that is unlikely to be done by ED themselves. A Bren Carrier, which Bovvy also has an example of, or a Chieftain would be great too. A Daimler Dingo, and any of the Hobart's funnies would work very well with the D-Day theme too perhaps?

German WW II Buzz Bomb?

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Will you update this so it works in DCS 2.5.5?

EDIT:

It turns out it does work in 2.5.5, however, the issue for me was that I did not think it worked because the model simply was not visible in the world when the mission was running, only in the F10 map and in the mission editor before.

This was fixed by deleting the folder containing the mod in the Mods folder in saved games and unzipping the file again and putting the same content back. It then appeared again in the mission. Wierd.

Its a similar problem that I had with the Civil Aircraft Mod where the aircrafts navlights and strobes where missing and replaced with white cubes. This was also fixed the same way.

I have my Mods folder liked with junction links in windows 10 to another harddrive perhaps that is what causes it.

Edited by Fisherman82