Mustang after 2.2.

Solty

My “god awful” comment is in regards to the instrument reflection on the canopy. You have to dog fight in the P51 to see the effect. The reflection is so intense that I can nearly fly on instruments just by looking at the canopy. It’s very distracting and simply obscures the outside visual. I get that there maybe reflections and glare in a real aircraft. However, there’s also things pilots wear to alleviate the glare such as sun glasses/ helmet visors. It almost looks like I’m flying while looking through two different layers of cockpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Except you can't because the dials don't move because it isn't a reflection, but is a texture on the canopy.

Except you can't because the dials don't move because it isn't a reflection, but is a texture on the canopy.

The main point still stands, the reflection is so vivid that it obstructs everything outside. It is a relic of the old engine when the reflections themselves were quite uderwhelming.

You do not see that kind of obstructing type of painted reflections in other planes made later. To me they have to go or be toned down a LOT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

That's what I don't like, as soon as I move my head I see those fake reflections and it's very distracting. I suppose there might be a mod somewhere for that ... but I have reached my quota of fixes with the A-10C switches, the MiG-21 switches and cockpit, TF-51, ... ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

The main point still stands, the reflection is so vivid that it obstructs everything outside. It is a relic of the old engine when the reflections themselves were quite uderwhelming.

You do not see that kind of obstructing type of painted reflections in other planes made later. To me they have to go or be toned down a LOT.

Just tried to play online. It’s totally unplayable in its current form. The enemy has to get way to close before I can see him. Not to mention if he climbs level in front of you into the blue he completely disappears. This needs a fix!

Just tried to play online. It’s totally unplayable in its current form. The enemy has to get way to close before I can see him. Not to mention if he climbs level in front of you into the blue he completely disappears. This needs a fix!

I took the P-51 up for a spin earlier and agree. The reflection on the canopy is distracting and obstructs the view. The brightness inside the cockpit/instrument panel is too much as well. I tested the A-10C and F-86 and those aircraft look great. Being released back in 2012, I feel that the P-51 could use an overall refresh in regards to 3D modeling and textures.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I took the P-51 up for a spin earlier and agree. The reflection on the canopy is distracting and obstructs the view. The brightness inside the cockpit/instrument panel is too much as well. I tested the A-10C and F-86 and those aircraft look great. Being released back in 2012, I feel that the P-51 could use an overall refresh in regards to 3D modeling and textures.
+1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder if it's possible for a modeler/texture artist here to fix them up a bit and submit the fixed to ED to be included so they don't have to spend time on it? I'd assume there would be a way to sign a paper to release all rights to the work to ED so legality wouldn't be an issue?

I don't know. I'm going to try the fix posted above :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

There is a texture that has the reflection on the glass. Can't remember where it is. In Bazar somewhere, I think. Try deleting it, or editing it so it's clear.

For the brightness, try editing the Roughmet maps. I don't think that you'll pass the Integrity Check a second time though. Worth a shot? I can't so anything myself right now.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just as a small update, I asked DGambo about this, and there are issues that will need to wait till 1.5 is removed and 2.5 is out to bring everything up to the level it needs to be.

Good to know! Makes sense, thanks for the info, SiThSpAwN :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I don’t think that will work because it’s an image plastered on the canopy. Reshade could cut down the glare effect a bit but not the image.

I've suggested a couple times before, try deleting the reflection. It's in the P-51 textures in Bazar. Not at my computer at the moment, can't remember the exact address.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've suggested a couple times before, try deleting the reflection. It's in the P-51 textures in Bazar. Not at my computer at the moment, can't remember the exact address.

I tired per your suggestion to find and either edit or delete the file. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to locate the file that corresponds to the issue.

I tired per your suggestion to find and either edit or delete the file. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to locate the file that corresponds to the issue.

Okay, I finally ran to my computer earlier, and Bazar wasn't even close. Woops! It's Mods/aircraft/P-51D/Cockpit/Textures/P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES.zip. The texture of the reflection is titled "p-51d-cpt_glass_refl.dds. You can try either deleting this, or editing it yourself so it's a lot more opaque.

As for Roughmets, I guess the P-51 doesn't get those for the cockpit, but there are specular maps. But I don't think they work with deferred shading enabled.

Changing the reflection or deleting it might get caught by the integrity check. One way to find out. Good luck. e6ace98bd77b3ead4b418b6825940735.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, I finally ran to my computer earlier, and Bazar wasn't even close. Woops! It's Mods/aircraft/P-51D/Cockpit/Textures/P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES.zip. The texture of the reflection is titled "p-51d-cpt_glass_refl.dds. You can try either deleting this, or editing it yourself so it's a lot more opaque.

As for Roughmets, I guess the P-51 doesn't get those for the cockpit, but there are specular maps. But I don't think they work with deferred shading enabled.

Changing the reflection or deleting it might get caught by the integrity check. One way to find out. Good luck. e6ace98bd77b3ead4b418b6825940735.jpg

I found the reflection file, but unfortunately the image causing the issue is not in that particular file. Also couldn’t delete it from the zip file. Maybe you can have better luck with it.

Here I modified the texture file to make the P-51 flyable again. The plane was absolutely useless with these reflections imo. Passes integrity check no problem.

P-51D_reflections_fix.zip

Edited by rel4y
  • Like 1

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Here I modified the texture file to make the P-51 flyable again. The plane was absolutely useless with these reflections imo. Passes integrity check no problem.

That’s great! Can you please give instructions for the install so everyone that uses it can install it correctly and pass the IC. Thanks

Didnt pass integrity check when I used it earlier. Was fine till I spawned in, then I got kicked.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Yeah ED have really tightened down on the IC. I can't say as I blame them if they were detecting a good deal of cheaters.

That said... Until this reflection is realistic anyway... I'd rather they do away with it.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Oh, that sucks. I just tested if I get a red shield in MP server mode and it was green. Sorry to hear. I will have a look later today, maybe I can implement it via custom cockpits.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Should work trough liveries, but requires the description.lua to get a bit of info. I have yet to find out how to get the correct material names to use. Anybody know?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |