Horizon Elevation?

dresoccer4

quick q: i thought the mig-19 had a fixed radar elevation. however theres a control for horizon elevation change that you can move up and down. i'm looking at the Chuck's Guide and it doesn't mention it at all, aside from the button existing.

The guide says: "The

MiG-19's radar has a relatively short range and the antenna

elevation cannot be tuned manually, which severely limits

your situational awareness"

Can someone please explain the use of the elevation control?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

So you don’t have to have eyes on your ADI/outside and radar scope at the same time. It actually became a very common feature on radar displays to this day. Without autopilot it’s especially important. I always move it to the bottom of the display so the hood doesn’t obscure it

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

So you don’t have to have eyes on your ADI/outside and radar scope at the same time. It actually became a very common feature on radar displays to this day. Without autopilot it’s especially important. I always move it to the bottom of the display so the hood doesn’t obscure it

hahi know how an artificial horizon is used, sorry i wasn't clear. i meant how is the horizon elevation change supposed to be used? what does it actually do/help during combat? whats its point? its never mentioned in the guide

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules