AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be alone with this,but would we be able to get the 2 seater versions?

I understand ED want everything working - I get that, but I just like the look of most of the 2 sweaters, F-18, Harrier etc. I would have thought as an airframe, not too much of a stretch. Perhaps if we got the F-15E then we could have one of the guru,s sort navigator seats for the other ,Ex RAF we still call the back seat guy the Nav.

• 2 weeks later...
I may be alone with this,but would we be able to get the 2 seater versions?

I understand ED want everything working - I get that, but I just like the look of most of the 2 sweaters, F-18, Harrier etc. I would have thought as an airframe, not too much of a stretch. Perhaps if we got the F-15E then we could have one of the guru,s sort navigator seats for the other ,Ex RAF we still call the back seat guy the Nav.

A Harrier T10 or T12 would be rather useful in showing others how to fly the thing... plus they have all their pylons so could also be used as an honest to goodness combat aircraft in a pinch. both versions are directly related to the GR7 and GR9 respectively so if RAZBAM do a DCS GR7/9 they will have a good start to the systems and weapons modeling from the very beginning. Flight model and aircraft model will of course have to change plus the addition of two seat capability. That being said, I honestly doubt they will do a two seat Harrier for financial reasons. It would be a risky proposition to do a separate module with almost the same capabilities as an existing module.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Razbam just posted a cockpit shot on their facebook page labeled "RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II DCS Series"

I wouldn't be renaming this thread to GR9 just yet.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Razbam just posted a cockpit shot on their facebook page labeled "RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II DCS Series"

I wouldn't be renaming this thread to GR9 just yet.

I assume they are going to do both at some stage, the outside renders are GR9, with 4 hardpoints on each wing and then the cockpit is Av-8b. Maybe a frankenharrier....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I've reached the decision that if they do just an AV-8B I won't be buying it. If they do a GR.7/9 and an AV-8, I'll buy both (though I'll only actually fly the GRs).

Simple reason - I'll be voting with my wallet. I don't want yet another U.S. aircraft in addition to those already available and those that are coming.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Not entirely, Joey - I mean, if I wanted to fly a GR.7 for an op, why would I care what the AV-8BII++++ has?

Each to their own, but I wouldn't say one aircraft was 'redundant' because it doesn't have something another has.

I'm a Brit - the GR's are British. Nuff said.

I know patriotism isn't a big thing these days, especially after the cold war etc, but I am an old git and in my day it was very important. :smilewink:

I've worked with GR's on two postings, anyway, so it will always be my fave.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hear, Hear, Brixmis! Way too many US models around already or planned.

I'm more of a WW2 fan tbh, but I'd buy a Sea Harrier (which I know even the GR's aren't exactly) the second it came out... particularly if they had a few ships in a rather narrow channel. ;-)

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

• ED Team

I will never understand the preference of aircraft strictly due to national origin. Im an American (Yank :P) but I prefer the Su-27 versus the F-15, not because I think it's superior or better, but because I have more fun flying it. The fact that we're getting any Harrier is enough for me, I don't give two flying monkeys which version it is. I'll fly either one with a smile on my face.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

By the way, Raptor9 - there's the difference - you have the choice ;)

I will never understand the preference of aircraft strictly due to national origin. Im an American (Yank tongue.gif) but I prefer the Su-27 versus the F-15, not because I think it's superior or better, but because I have more fun flying it. The fact that we're getting any Harrier is enough for me, I don't give two flying monkeys which version it is. I'll fly either one with a smile on my face.

Kneeboard Guides

• ED Team
By the way, Raptor9 - there's the difference - you have the choice ;)

:doh:You may have missed my point (or I missed yours). What I was trying to say is, which country makes an aircraft has no bearing on what makes said aircraft "cool" or "fun" for me. Blindly asking for more DCS aircraft of US origin simply because I'm American makes no sense to me.

"Too much American aircraft, we need more British aircraft." <--I don't get it.

"I prefer the British GR7/9 to the American AV-8B because of reason X or Y (ie: avionics, sensors, weapons)" <--This I get.

Edited by Raptor9

DCS Rotor-Head