F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

Kev2go

F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)  

671 members have voted

1. 1. F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

• Yes, its a feasible as a potential future module
    • No

• 3 weeks later...

The awesome engine air intakes already look so cool, that's reason enough to vote "yes". But preferably by a 3rd party studio so that ED can focus on other modules and on improving multiplayer (better netcode for carrier operations)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...

Rhinoooo

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

Considering ED seems focused on the years of 2005-2007, an earlier block Super Hornet would be a great addition. It's a shame we'll never see the latest blocks since in addition to all the new systems, the latest Rhino's are getting refitted with the upgraded GE F414s that add an extra 4,000 pounds of thrust per engine.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

In 2014 Coretex Design almost finish SuperHornet, but project dead, dont know why. :cry:

Edited by Sheriff BurneR

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

In 2014 Coretex Design almost finish SuperHornet, but project dead, dont know why. :cry:

"Almost Finished" is a bit of an exaggeration

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Shut up and take my money.

(Please don’t shut up...show/talk more...and then also take my money. I’ll buy like 10 of these, I promise).

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's pray for the F/A-18F Lot 26! In addition to the expanded capabilities of the Rhino compared to the Legacy Hornet, we need more combat capable two-seaters in DCS! They're so much fun and makes training new pilots so much easier.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

attachment.php?attachmentid=216385&stc=1&d=1567035243

What lot Super Hornets was chosen as a basis for the AI version that you are involved with developing?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

First day buy for me also, no question.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• 2 weeks later...
attachment.php?attachmentid=216385&stc=1&d=1567035243

Wait a minute is this the abandoned F/A-18E Super Hornet project? Or is this some kind of ED project in closed testing?

A pre-AESA E model Super Hornet would certainly be within the realm of possibility for Eagle Dynamics as systems wise they are very similar to an F/A-18C Lot 20 model. For reference I am talking about a Block I Super Hornet, they share 90% commonality with an F/A-18C Lot 20 Hornet systems wise.

Edited by Spartan0536

Dear ED..

With so many systems similarities with the Chuck and Rhino - i would hope that it would be fairly easy to produce a Rhino.

Now, what block? It would NOT be possible to replicate the APG-79AESA on the block II, and perhaps some other gadgets.

I don't think we need to be confined to an early block 1, because of that though.

What Im proposing is a "Hybrid" (which deviates from EDs established practice of simulating a specific block - even Lot. This "Hybrid" could give us all the Block II features we *can have - like Colour LCD DDIs etc and retain features like radar (APG-73) that were with lot 21, Block I.

EDIT - Proposal is for a LOT25 Rhino - Pre AESA, with the new displays etc. PERFECT.

This way - we can get the most realistic MODERN Rhino available, and it CAN represent a specific fleet bu no. (at a specific point in time).

As much as id love an "F" model, the additional programming would be astronomical - I frankly can't imagine 2 crew functioning well with so many shared controls. Id rather take the "E" .

ED- with Topgun Maverick around the corner - I can imaging piquing the interest of a wider audience - by announcing/releasing a Rhino around the same time. Without doubt - it would twitch the privates of a LOT of DCS users, being a more modern, more capable version of something that has become a DCS staple.

With the upcoming "Super Carrier" module - having additional naval modules would leverage of that development effort.

So how about it ED? Is a Rhino on the cards?

Cheers and love,

Dave

Edited by flybull
research!

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I have the F/A-18C, I would gladly purchase a F/A-18E.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

ED F/A-18E (Block I) Super Hornet.

With the advent of Top Gun 2 and the huge "fanbase" it will create, I think it would be a super smart idea (and business move) to create a Block I Super Hornet for DCS on ED's part and draw that audience in. A Block I Rhino basically has 90% of systems from the legacy Hornet with some small aircraft and weapon system differences. It would really be minimal effort for maximum profit and I do think most people would appreciate one. Just throwing it out there.