Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

With the AJS only beeing an avionics update of the AJ, I do not see any problem there anyway. If you remove the weapons (Maverick etc.) from the upgraded version you have a very near AJ 37 simulation. The harrier is a complete different case, as the performance is way above the cold war era versions. Something I only learned today after SwedishWaffles post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With the AJS only beeing an avionics update of the AJ, I do not see any problem there anyway. If you remove the weapons (Maverick etc.) from the upgraded version you have a very near AJ 37 simulation. The harrier is a complete different case, as the performance is way above the cold war era versions. Something I only learned today after SwedishWaffles post.
It's not just an avionics upgrade. It also added the bk90 and rb15, as well as allowing for carrying 4 mavericks indtead of just 2, 6 sidewinders instead of just 2 (plus integration of the all aspect RB74).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Basically, one could argue either way and justify including one aircraft, while excluding the other one. Fair enough.

Both modules remain until the F-4 arrives. As I've said before, the F-4 will replace the Harrier.

If an inferior version of the Viggen or more likely the Draken is made, then that module will replace the Viggen.

If the Su-22 or even better the Su-24 are ever made, then the Su-25T gets replaced by either.

It's more likey to receive more western aircraft over the upcoming years. Therefore, I need to choose carefully the modules I see fit or else I end up having a weird scenario, even if fictional, plus unbalancing the odds for Red pilots.

The closer a module with its specifications to the scenario I have here, the higher the chance of it being added to the missions.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

If the Su-22 or even better the Su-24 are ever made, then the Su-25T gets replaced by either.

From my point of view, the major gap in Cold War scenario is the lack of RedFor supersonic attack aircraft. The Su-17/22 may full fill this gap, but for now no dev showed interest in this model.

RAZBAM give us a hope to see a MiG-27 in a far future... maybe 4/5 from now, who knows.

6DwJXl4.jpg

Edited by Toasty

Looks like this took a lot of hard work and dedication. I honesly havent flown on it since DCS was more unstable and having performance issues, and all the objects made it lag really bad. I'll have to try it again soon!

Since you and your 8Mates are dedicated Mi-8 pilots, you might find some missions here quite charming to whatever fantastic scenarios you have in mind for the Mi-8.

The dynamic mission when online is probably more appealing to you.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I think this server needs more publicity, anyway we can get this server more noted so more players join?

in the videos, I write the server name, even on the Facebook page :thumbup:

it is necessary to spread the word, even on other channels :director:

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

It's more about what most players prefer to fly. And that is, modern jets. Especially the F-18. The F-14 too when released.

SeaQuark's Korea server is quite a good one. But no body really cares about the MiG-15 or the F-86 that much. So the server ends up being empty or with 2-3 players online most of the time.

We can only hope, with the release of the MiG-19, which I assume in 3-6 weeks, the server might get more attention, simply due to the fact that newcomers among the modules always bring some hype with them.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

It's more about what most players prefer to fly. And that is, modern jets. Especially the F-18. The F-14 too when released.

SeaQuark's Korea server is quite a good one. But no body really cares about the MiG-15 or the F-86 that much. So the server ends up being empty or with 2-3 players online most of the time.

We can only hope, with the release of the MiG-19, which I assume in 3-6 weeks, the server might get more attention, simply due to the fact that newcomers among the modules always bring some hype with them.

True that, also it's a shame the F-4 got postponed or even that would bring more people to the server.

I can't help but notice that there used to be more players during ACG days

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

True that, also it's a shame the F-4 got postponed or even that would bring more people to the server.

I can't help but notice that there used to be more players during ACG days

Nothing's changed. Same missions. Except that I host alone now, and can tend to my missions any time I want to, and even more effectively. That's why it's obvious to me, the F-18 has stolen the show.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The Community A-4E is also due in only a few weeks, will be a nice and fitting addition as well.

And once the Forrestal class carriers come with the Tomcat, those boats will also fit and bring carrier ops to the A-4.

I so hate the Phantom being postponed, I can't tell how much.

Whoever does it someday, I hope he profits from Heatblur's development and brings it with "Willy (Driscoll) AI"!

It's how the era is marketed. DCS has the best scope of any simulator out there for cold war, but they're giving more attention to modern era as well as WW2 while cold war is getting heavily neglected

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

Who said work on the F-4 has been postponed? I've heard that a couple of times now, and can't find any source to that on Belsimtek's website. All I know is, the Mi-24 will be released first. Which is something that might happen a year from now, if not later. So obviousley, the F-4 will not be around any time sooner. But that was the plan from the beginning. Whether the AH-1 comes before the F-4 or after, that I don't recall any more. The merge of ED with Belsimtek kinda made some threads here on the forums regarding these matters disappear, so I lost track.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Who said work on the F-4 has been postponed? I've heard that a couple of times now, and can't find any source to that on Belsimtek's website. All I know is, the Mi-24 will be released first. Which is something that might happen a year from now, if not later. So obviousley, the F-4 will not be around any time sooner. But that was the plan from the beginning. Whether the AH-1 comes before the F-4 or after, that I don't recall any more. The merge of ED with Belsimtek kinda made some threads here on the forums regarding these matters disappear, so I lost track.

Well I do recall hearing that the F-4 has been put on hold because BST is working with RD on the F-16 Block 50, just like the Hornet. I could've sworn I had seen it on the Roadmap forum itself

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And I recall reading, that they have different teams working on different projects. Thus no project is interfering with the other.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Yes, they explicitly stated, that the F-4 is being postponed, because of the F-16 development process.

What is gonna be the plan for the Tomcat?

It would fit, but kinda doesn't - not as well as the F-4 would anyway and would have an edge over everything even with an exclusive FOX-2 loadout.

I think it would be great to have the Tomcat with a restrictive loadout to let's say 2xAIM-9, 2xAIM-7 maybe, or even less. The server would get a lot of people who would be eager to try out the Tomcat in a WVR oriented environment. And it could even be used on both sides. F-5 vs. F-14 is not a historical matchup, but simulated in aggressors' squadrons, although thinkable (US vs. Iran). F-14 vs. Mig-21 (Iran-Iraq) or in an alternated timeline (US vs. Iraq).

Mig-19 vs. Tomcat, I think will be pretty interesting given the F-14 doesn't carry the newest Sidewinders.

So, all in all I think it would be great to have it and fit in well.

Edited by DerNeueMensch

Regarding postponed F-4E: see Wags' post #5 here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216691

Putting the complex F-16C plus other modules ahead and seeing how long it took to get the F-18C to about two thirds complete until today, that might very well mean no Phantom for another decade...

Regarding the Tomcat in this server: I would initially give it a try but restricted to 4 AIM-9-P5, just to ride the wave.

The advanced AWG-9 with a medium range SARH AIM-7 would already be OP for this server, requiring an opponent like MiG-29A.

Let's see how the Cat does WVR against MiG-19s and -21s, and when it becomes available switch back to the TF-30-powered Tomcat to be more challenging and historically correct.

Keeping it WVR or at least a neccessity to VID is one of the most unique features of this server, besides no FC-3 aircraft.

If you want 80ies-BVR with SARH, there's plenty other good servers like Buddyspike etc.

I also would love to see at least one PG-Map mission for this server, especially making use of the mountainous Iranian landscape, e.g. a simulated Iran-Irak war scenario: eastern aircraft out of Shiraz vs. western aircraft out of Kerman or Bandar Abbas.

Edited by Shadoga

Well to be perfectly honest, the F-14 sounds too modern and too OP for a Cold War server. When the F-4 comes that'll do but the F-14 is still too OP. However I don't think AIM-7 would be OP since even the Mig-21 has BVR of it's own. Plus I believe we also have a Mig-23 coming out so that would have BVR too

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-14 was once discussed thoroughly on this forum. It's not about the weapons. That I could restrict. But the avionics and weapon systems are the problem. In addition to that, your AI WO warning you about incoming missiles, while running other systems for you doesn't really seem right to me.

I always keep saying this: The MiG-21 and the F-5 are the main modules of this server. The backbone of every mission, if you like. Any module that might affect the outcome of these dogfights does not fit to be added.

Now, as to the numbers of players online, well... I ain't changing the very essential setup of this server just to get them. I'm not interested in having F-18 or F-14 etc. pilots just to get the numbers, while ruining the scenario I have here. Just like I ain't ever having the F-10 map acting as a navigational system. I prefer dedicated aviators who enjoy messing around with the systems they have onboard and understand them, to help them get where they want to and accomplish their objectives, rather than someone who knows nothing about his plane except for firing his missiles. I do what I can to achieve that.

If you enjoy the arena I have here, then you'd simply enjoy it even without the likes of the F-14. If you're so hyped about the F-14, fair enough, there's plenty of servers out there.

It's not a competition between the admins to see who has the numbers and who hasn't. It's about offering as many different scenarios as possible, while each and everyone of us is focusing on what he prefers most.

Hope you guys get the point I'm trying to make. No offense to other players or F-14 pilots, etc. was meant.

EDIT:

Best example is SeaQuark running the Korea War Server. The MiG-15 and F-86 and not widely popular. He doesn't really have the numbers most of the time. But he's very dedicated to what he does and sticks to his principles. Top bloke!

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments