Flight sim and economy

ebabil

Hi guys.

I am living in Turkiye whose economy is not so great lately. Exchange rates are going up constantly. All of the electronics are imported. The government is trying to reduce importing by applying very high tax rates (at least 20% + 18% VAT). So final prices in Turkiye are too high

I made a simple table to calculate how many months, days and hours to get a good simmer PC and necessary equipment. If a minimum wage owner wants to get such a PC and flight gears + a single dcs module, He has to work more than one year and spend all his money.

I would like to know how much time you have to work for same rig? Can you add your country conditions?

Assumptions: 26 days work for a month and 8 hours work for a day

Cheers

Capture.JPG.23fda1bf6ad4a9803dbc744ba5fb1af5.JPG

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi guys.

I am living in Turkiye whose economy is not so great lately. Exchange rates are going up constantly. All of the electronics are imported. The government is trying to reduce importing by applying very high tax rates (at least 20% + 18% VAT). So final prices in Turkiye are too high

I made a simple table to calculate how many months, days and hours to get a good simmer PC and necessary equipment. If a minimum wage owner wants to get such a PC and flight gears + a single dcs module, He has to work more than one year and spend all his money.

I would like to know how much time you have to work for same rig? Can you add your country conditions?

Cheers

Why do you torture yourself like that?

All kind of governments are trying to dump their currency and impoverishing their citizens. It´s not your fault. Hyperinflation is hard to escape. You need to form in wealth and the ways to evade from that.

We need a global currency. And very urgent.

Really can't get good info with those loose definitions of hardware . Only specifics are Warthog and TiR . Further , the definition of minimum wage is hazy as well . In the US for example , the minimum wage varies by state , and the federal rate is largely irrelevant . Also in the US various taxes are withheld from ones paycheck . Finally , taxes due at the point of sale vary by state as well .

In any event , the whole exercise seems-forgive me-kinda pointless .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

What's the point? This is just foolishness. There are richer/poorer people everywhere, there are also cheaper/more expensive hobbies. If somebody can't afford one, then they should choose another. That simple. Welcome to ''life''.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The point of the thread might be that regional adjustment for prices would be a thing. Especially given that lowering prices somewhat might increase the number of copies sold, thus not hurting overall income of the company. But it should have been clearly stated by the OP, if it's that way.

In Russia, the mother country of ED, the modules currently cost almost 3 times typical AAA PC game does, and more than an AAA exclusive for the consoles. It's not to say that the cost is unbearable, but it clearly does limit number of potential users and the number of modules that would be purchased by each. While it's of course ED's business to set prices which are most profitable, price differentiation between regions might be a win-win for ED and communicaty.

Hi guys.

I made a simple table to calculate how many months, days and hours to get a good simmer PC and necessary equipment. If a minimum wage owner wants to get such a PC and flight gears + a single DCS module, He has to work more than one year and spend all his money.

I would like to know how much time you have to work for the same rig? Can you add your country conditions?

Cheers

I think you are asking a bit wrongly here --

So for example,

in Poland, if a person with minimum wage would like this stuff then it would be 8,79 months of work (spending all on the flight sim gear and software);

In the UK it would be 1,90 months, for the same

See, yes the economy does affect what people can afford, that's life how others said.

The above is based on the stated amount in Turkish lira and does notreflect local hardware prices.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

So for example,

in Poland, if a person with minimum wage would like this stuff then it would be 8,79 months of work (spending all on the flight sim gear and software);

See, yes the economy does affect what people can afford, that's life how others said.

The above is based on the stated amount in Turkish lira and does notreflect local hardware prices.

Number of worked months to buy a 2.000 $ rig per country: that´s easier to answer, yes

And based on average payroll in each country, of course.

It will be less than a month in Switzerland, Monaco and Luxemburgo, U.S.? and more than a year in Venezuela, Argentina, etc. (Taking into account that you have to live too).

Government politics are destroying citizen abilities to buy a decent DCS rig: yes, that´s happening.

You have to focus on scaping from that trap.

It´s not easy to climb that ladder, though. You have to leave many things behind to achieve it, and without any warranty.

It´s a personal journey and you will be alone.

But your freedom will be waiting you at the end of that road.

Freedom have a cost. It won´t fall at you from the sky, no. If you don´t make any changes in the things you usually do, you won´t be able to change your destiny. It´s that simple.

Hey!: this forum is philosophical too. DCS is great!

Edited by Leaderface

So for example,

In the UK, when I lived there, it would had taken me a lot longer than that since my basic cost of life was considerably expensive. I used to spend more than 70% of my all yearly wages on housing and transportation, so calculating it based on the minimum wages alone is definitely short sighted.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

In the UK, when I lived there, it would had taken me a lot longer than that since my basic cost of life was considerably expensive. I used to spend more than 70% of my all yearly wages on housing and transportation, so calculating it based on the minimum wages alone is definitely short sighted.

Both OP and I assumed spending all money on this, not talking about cost of living.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Both OP and I assumed spending all money on this, not talking about cost of living.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, that it doesn't make sense, for it doesn't matter how much you earn, but how much you're left with by the end of the month to spend.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

These days YOU have a small choice if you don't like how YOUR particular economy is run and money is getting weaker etc.

Many got decimated in the run up to 2008 by greed and corruption of (Insert economy). You only have to look at Iceland before then and their banks / government greed and corruption destroyed it.

Also, Look at diversifying how / where / what your "money sits in" and what it will be worth at a later date.

Take Greeks for an example

This day and age "everyone" is trying to workout where / what should they

keep there "Value" in. With the US printing trillions and the DXY falling, many

are going to gold, silver, bitcoin so at the end...? it's still worth X amount to buy X amount.

We need better world systems that can help the least among us.

I have very high hopes for better decentralized systems to replace these

greedy corrupt systems that only suit the really rich that keep bailing out

there mates.

Do some research for yourself and think about where / what you should SAVE your money up in. It doesn't have to be Lira. Then buy your parts at

the end of the year with hopefully more value in those savings.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

What's the point? This is just foolishness. There are richer/poorer people everywhere, there are also cheaper/more expensive hobbies. If somebody can't afford one, then they should choose another. That simple. Welcome to ''life''.

Hows that economy of the bitcoin doing? lol Is Mike still waiting for his Happy Pills, I hear Courier Post can no longer delivery Meth?:lol:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Hows that economy of the bitcoin doing? lol Is Mike still waiting for his Happy Pills, I hear Courier Post can no longer delivery Meth?:lol:

If you're trying to troll me, you're going to have to try to make more sense than this. It's hard to get a rise out of somebody when they have no idea what you're talking about.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

If you're trying to troll me, you're going to have to try to make more sense than this. It's hard to get a rise out of somebody when they have no idea what you're talking about.

You know exactly what I am talking about.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]