Krasnodar Variable ground attack (SP or MP)

This thread is no longer supported, go here instead: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Last Update: May 31st 2017 Welcome, and thank you for visiting this post!

I present to you, the Krasnodar Variable Ground Attack Mission BETA.

dxnVv1v.png

The creation of this mission stems from my desire of having a simple "all-in-one" style ground attack mission that has the ability to offer variation. It can also be flown as either a single or multi player mission.

Every flyable aircraft and helicopter in DCS is available to be flown here. Each aircraft has three available slots, Each helicopter has four (except for the Gazelle, see v0.8604 patch notes for more details).

The basis of this mission is such that you start on the ramp in the Krasnodar area. And depending on the direction you fly, you activate different levels of difficulty. Each individual level/area then has 4 different missions inside of it that it randomly selects from. They each contain 30+ ground units, ranging from lightly unarmed vehicles to tanks, and a few hardened structures.

The levels/area's of difficulty are: Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard. Each of these containing its own 4 random missions.

There are 4 Strike missions. These missions are basically a "get-in & get-out" style strike.

Lastly, there are also 5 Helicopter missions. Fixed wing aircraft can fly them as well, but for four of them (The Medevac, Crash Site, Roof Top Rescue, and Sling Load Saviour missions) either an Mi-8, Huey, or SA-342 is required (Ka-50 can sling load, but not pick up troops, so it can do the Sling Load mission too). For the Crash Site and Roof Top missions, I'd recommend it be at least 2 players.

UTRMoRi.jpg

You can activate a mission in 1 of 2 ways. The first way, like previous stated, is you simply fly towards one of the area's of difficulty, and it will randomly select one of four missions inside that area. The second way is through the F10 radio options menu. You can select any mission, from any difficulty area, this way. This is also how you select the Strike and Helicopter Missions. <--- This is the only way to select the Strike and Helicopter Missions.

Custom sound files (108 of them, hence the file size), done by myself, give in-game briefings for each and every possible mission. There are also 24 Briefing Pages, and 8 of those are also accessible through the Kneeboard.

I'm releasing this Beta to see what the community thinks of it. This mission is still a work in progress, and will be updated as time goes by.

You can download the mission at this link here. It is unfortunately to large to fit as an "attachment" in these forums (34mb). So I have to go through my google drive account. Because of the file's size, google will say it can't verify a virus check on it. I would hope you can trust me when I say it's clean.

Version 0.8604 (May 31st 2017) NO LONGER VALID, go here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

***Click on the DOWN arrow that exists along the top banner of the page.***

This is a very large file, so if you are joining a multiplayer server that is hosting it, expect it to take upwards of 3 minutes to load.

List of Updates:

V0.8604 05/31/2017

- Added fifth Helo Mission: Sling Load Saviour. (3 variable difficulties)

- For Helicopter missions that require a rescue, the helicopter that picks up the troops now must also be the one that drops them off at the Hospital (before, any transport helo could).

- If the helo carrying the troops is lost before the troops are dropped at the hospital, the mission is failed. Sound file added to support this.

- Added the ability to replay the briefing messages (text and sound) for the current selected mission.

- Added a Briefing and Kneeboard page containing LOLA and QFE info for each target area for the Viggen.

- Added a forward Road Base for Viggen. Only spawns with with Carrier Strike mission, or any “Hard” section. (as the road base is only close to support those) Briefing and Kneeboard page added. Sound file added to support this as well.

- Reworked F-5 NDB radio option so that Turning on the Nav Aid doesn’t appear twice.

- Added advanced commands to try and keep Roof Top Rescue troops from running off of the roof.

- Adjusted altitude triggers for all Helicopter Rescue missions so ground troops should load without problems.

- Delayed time in which spawned enemy units for “Crash Site” will fire at players.

- Adjusted triggers for Crash Site rescue so Sound Files don’t play over the top of each other in certain situations.

- A 4th Ka-50, Mi-8, and UH-1 were added to their respective FARP’s.

- SA 342 FARP has 2 (M) models, 1 (L) model, and 1 (Mistral) model. Parked on the grass, just north of the FARP is an additional: 1 (M) model, 2 (L) models, and 1 (Mistral) model.

- Shortened the time it takes for troops to initiate entering helicopter in all Rescue missions.

- Mission selection text reminder (shortly after mission start) should no longer pop up if a mission is already selected.

V0.8541 05/10/2017

- You can now select a new mission if you so desire.

There are 3 caveats though:

1) You can NOT select the same mission you just played. (Variations within Easy, Med, Hard, and V. Hard are still available. As are Helo Missions Medevac and Roof Top Rescue.)

2) Any A.I. units that may be left over from the last mission will still be present.

3) The random zones (Easy, Med, Hard, V. Hard) must be selected via the F-10 radio menu. You can no longer fly towards it to activate it.

- You now have the ability to go back to the main menu of the F10 radio mission selection page if you accidentally select the wrong mission.

- Added enemy ground troops if “Crash Site” helo mission is failed.

- Created new sound files to indicate when time is about to run up for “Crash Site” and “Roof Top Rescue” Helo missions.

- Fixed sound files to properly play in certain “Medevac” Helo Missions.

- Fixed incorrect trigger actions with “General Hunt” Helo Mission.

- Added additional time for rescue to take place in both “Crash Site” and “Roof Top Rescue” Helo missions.

- F-5’s NDB F10 radio menu will not show unless an F-5 spawns and hits taxi trigger.

V0.8505 05/05/2017

- Fixed incorrect Sound file issue with “Crash Site” Helo Mission.

- Decreased enemy strength in “Crash Site” Helo Mission.

- Adjusted “Crash Site” and “Hospital” friendly ground troop movement.

- Added 0.300 freq for “Crash Site” ELT.

- Other minor “Crash Site” Helo mission fixes.

V0.8428 04/28/2017

- Fixed issues with “Roof Top Rescue” Missions.

- Fixed incorrect trigger for sound clip with Helo Hospital.

(Thanks pdmarsh and Home Fries)

- Added M2000-C start coordinates in Briefing / Tasking text block.

V0.8012 03/10/2017

- Fixed various sound clips that were not properly playing.

- Fixed Viggen Radio presets and F-5E NDB frequency. Briefing and Kneeboard pages also reflect changes.

- Added Viggen Flight Plan page to briefing pages.

V0.8010 03/03/2017

- Added Player/Client AJS-37 aircraft (3) to Krasnodar Center

- Added Player/Client Spitfire aircraft (3) to Krasnodar Center

- Added 4th Strike Mission (Command Center), voice files included

- Created ability to remove AAA / SAM threats for Strike Missions if desired

- Fixed briefing maps and included new aircraft data to radio briefing pages. Kneeboard pages also reflect the additional aircraft.

V0.5114 11/14/2016

- Added Helo mission: Crash Site (3 variable enemy spawn points)

- Added Helo mission: Roof Top (3 variable pick-up zones, 2 varying enemy spawns at each)

- Kneeboard pages added for Airport Frequencies (same as briefing page images)

- Additional briefing pages added (more informative)

- F-5E NDB added at Krasnodar-Center

V0.5011 10/19/2016

- Added Helo mission: General Hunt (10 variable General start locations)

- Added Helo mission: Medevac (4 variable pick-up zones)

V0.4432 8/11/2016

- Created Briefing Airport Radio/Nav Pages.

- Customized Radio Presets for various aircraft to coincide with new briefing pages.

- Custom NDB locators (with morse code signals) added to Medium and Bridge Strike missions.

V0.4411 8/4/2016

- Target lasing for Strike Missions: Maykop Airfield Strike and Bridge Strike now working.

- Changed parameters for bridge destruction in Bridge Strike mission.

V0.4403 7/26/2016

- Added Player/Client F-5E aircraft (3) to Krasnodar-Center

- Added all 4 “Very Hard” missions

- Moved L-39C and L-39ZA aircraft over too Krasnodar-Pashkovsky

- Fixed landing waypoints for a few aircraft for Krasnodar-Center

Thanks for checking out this mission. I hope you enjoy it!

- Apache600

690045555_Krasnodar-CenterRadioNav.png.65b350a86ebc67e142e5f782a8bed210.png

885581765_KrasnondarGroundMaykopStrike.png.d88123d1c43cf342a626890c1ba295f3.png

1956792268_KrasnondarGroundCarrierStrike.png.84196d63a906ebeac3c0d972e2a61d10.png

1507867808_KrasnondarHeloMissionMap.png.8c81faeb99f35a106af43ec7f5e35d5b.png

222312433_KrasnondarGroundCrashsite.png.51600f5657d1af3dccabc13fbf135f53.png

2021946782_KrasnondarGroundRoofTop.png.b68218c19f68fda429d131a56595ed1f.png

Edited by Apache600
Thread no longer supported

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks a lot, I wasnt aware of this thread ... I will try it out during the weekend :)

It looks like a very interesting approach to mission design.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Very entertaining and very versatile mission design. Something in there for everyone. Well me anyways. Up to your usual standards Apache600. Thanks for the fine mission.

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

• 1 month later...

@Apache600 -- First, I want to thank you for this mission. I'm looking forward to flying many, if not most, of the scenarios you have built in.

Our small group flew the easy helicopter roof extraction sortie last night and discovered what I believe is a bug, or that a change in AI behavior has been coded that changed your mission. As soon as the infantry that are to be extracted spawn on the rooftop, they immediately begin to move toward the enemy vehicles, jumping off the roof in the process. As a result, they were thought to be enemy troops on the ground and were killed by friendly fire, ending the mission.

There might be a waypoint action that can be set to force them to remain in place. I'll experiment with that.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul

I need to correct something. The infantry did not get killed by friendly fire. I see now that a timing trigger is used to deactivate the infantry if they don't get picked up in time. It was coincidental that a flight was passing overhead as they deactivated. Tacview interpreted all of this as a kill and even attributed the kills to a pilot, who never fired a shot at the troops.

I can't find any way to keep those troops from moving off of the roof. I tried using a "hold" waypoint and I played with alarm states. It appears to be hard-coded in DCS that the troops will move toward the nearest threat.

Paul

OK, it appears that setting the infantry alarm state to green and their speed to zero keeps their feet firmly planted on the roof. However, the alarm state setting must be placed above the immortal and invisible settings. Otherwise, the troops move toward the enemy, even with speed set to zero.

Hope this helps.

Paul

As one of the others who flew in the mission, I confirm everything pdmarsh said. The infantry on the roof jumped off, went right up to the BRDM, and started unloading with M4s until the BRDM was destroyed. We dispatched a Mi-8 to the roof to pick them up without realizing that they had already gone Rambo against enemy armor. We were trying to figure out where they were (thinking that the infantry by the BRDM was enemy) when the time expired and they "died".

BTW, the reason their death was credited to the Huey pilot in TacView was because the Huey made a pass on the BRDM with rockets while the blue infantry was engaging the BRDM, and they were hit by the hydras while immortal.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the report! I put the helo missions in recently, and actually haven't been able to test them. (aside from basic spawn tests to make sure everything spawns accordingly, but I hadn't gone as far as trying to do a pick up to see what would happen) So this is the first I'm hearing of it. @pdmarsh, thanks for doing some of the dirty work there. I'll be sure to change that in the mission files with a future update. There might be a few other side missions too where the "order of operations" will be out of the sequence that you found.

Glad to hear that you guys are giving this mission a shot. Feel free to let me know any other discrepancies you might come across.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

@Apache600 -- Thanks for your comments. We're happy to help. It appears that the "Unit's Altitude Lower Than" trigger was set using meters AGL. If so, just note that it needs to be in meters ASL. I tested the easy sortie with a new setting, but here are my recommendations for all three sorties:

Easy: 82 meters

Medium: 95 meters

Hard: 119 meters

Also, I found a typo in one of the flag triggers after you drop off troops at the field hospital. You never get the message that they are back and you can RTB. It's a simple transposition of numbers. I'll get that flag/trigger info for you later today.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pdmarsh

Here's the info on the trigger:

Look for trigger "1 ONCE (Flag 66108, NO EVENT)."

Notice under "ACTIONS" that the flag that gets turned on is 66019.

I believe it's supposed to be 66109.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Sweet deal. Thanks! I'm out on a trip right now, but I'll see to making those corrections when I get back. It looks like you've made them on your end already. So as long as you are the Host :P

Lemme know if you see any other anomalies with some of the Helo missions. Those and the "Very Hard" section have been pretty much untested on my end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lemme know if you see any other anomalies with some of the Helo missions. Those and the "Very Hard" section have been pretty much untested on my end.

Will do. The altitude settings should be easy enough to test. I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

We had a blast with this the other night. Took four Viggens (I added one to one of two parking spots left at KC) to the Tu-160 strike, then attacked the troops hanging out at the tracks north of the lake and practiced our bombing techniques.

The ability to select new objectives is huge in multiplayer; thanks for getting that working.