SATAL 2019

M0ltar

Hi Shadow, it's quite straightforward:

Death - any pilot who doesn't make it back to home base (shot down; ejected; crashed; etc).

Kill - any bandit shot down by the action of our weapons.

So for instance, if you run out of fuel, or get team killed, etc your team gets a death but the other team doesn´t get a kill.

The outcome from each round it's added to the total score shown on the result tables

Edited by Chimango

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Little bit of a change over the weekend and its going to require updating on the part of SATAL participants. The new DCS World Events discord and channels are located on Splash One Gaming. This discord can be found here using this invite link. This change was done to centralize content.

Ok, back in business... but keep it on topic, and any disputes take elsewhere, thanks guys.

giphy.gif

Thanks, Nineline!

I need all teams leads/CO's to please send me a message on Discord so that I can get you added to a group. My name on Discord is <64>Moltar#0099. If you do not have me in any common discord you can join the 64th Aggressor Discord using this link. This will allow me to start to get the community involved more in the future of SATAL and other DCS World Events. Please only send me a message if you are a team lead or will be your teams rep. I do NOT want multiple people from the same team. Teams, if they can, need to establish a spokesperson that speaks on their behalf. This simplifies communication for this process.

If you are not aware of what has transpired over the past couple of days I posted this letter on the S1G Discord. What this effectively means is that I want to establish a group of people to help me run the events and make DCS World Events more of a commune then what it is now. I also want to take in input from teams. This allows DCS World Events to not just be about me or another single entity, but to be and become what the community wants and what the community deserves.

Also, if you are open to helping me, have time, and understand the commitment please also send me a message.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

What you need is a committee of squad leads, For example if you follow Formula one, The FIA are a committee over seeing the whole event/show, This is a great way to solve issues and act as stewards. BTW what was result on last match still no word.

How can you handle the case of win a game by default?

I don't know how you handle round win, lose, kills, and loss points.

If we are in the same position as the other teams, it is disadvantageous because there is no win / lose / kill / loss points for one match.

How can you handle the case of win a game by default?

I don't know how you handle round win, lose, kills, and loss points.

If we are in the same position as the other teams, it is disadvantageous because there is no win / lose / kill / loss points for one match.

Win by walkover is given 3 points to the team for the win. They are also awarded 4 kills and 0 losses. The team that forfeited is given 4 deaths and 0 points.

I think this happened before with LoG not showing up for a match vs S&A. The points were awarded as above.

Moltar is away at Flight Sim Expo with Thrustmaster this weekend. The Merge scores will be updated on his return.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

What happens to the event? No live broadcasts, no results in the table, no tracks from the battles.

Everything, as before will not be?

http://www.ukrfalcons.com

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3246_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Сквад UVAF проводит набор пилотов на Су-27/МиГ-29/F-15.

По всем вопросам обращаться в: http://www.ukrfalcons.com

What happens to the event? No live broadcasts, no results in the table, no tracks from the battles.

Everything, as before will not be?

Simple... A lot of work for one man. With all respect for Moltar's work/effort but one man can not handle it himself. For such a big event and great interest for streaming, flight records, live results there must be BIG TEAM in a background to provide all that to us as it was at the beginning ... Now few people have no ability to maintain the quality as it was before. If this continues, interest will fall ...

- All matches will be streamed and track-able on DCSWorldEvents, The Merge and ED forum thread.

But...

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

If moltar can't stream. Do you allow others to stream the event or some marches? Or the streamer must be exclusively to 64th-splashone gaming? Just a question.

Edited by [TIGER]

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Everyone, please stop speculating and saying that I can't handle it. That is ridiculous. SATAL has always been run by essentially one guy, me. To say things are different now is just ridiculous. The reason there was no stream this weekend was because I was out of town at FSE which I stated on the weekend before stream. Streams will resume this up coming weekend as normal.

Furthermore, like I said in my letter, I get nothing from this. You guys pay nothing to compete. You are not required to pay anything to watch the streams. Participants do not contribute to prizing. SATAL is done for the community and mostly by one guy for free. If I am a week behind on the website it is not the end of the world. This is a hobby and I swear some of you think its the Olympics. I know prizes are on the line and people take it seriously, including myself, but sometimes its OK to take a step back and enjoy the ride. Have fun instead of being constantly caught up in drama. I know I have caused some drama lately so I can't say I'm innocent, but lets try and get back to having fun with SATAL and competitive DCS. This is supposed to be fun. Lets not turn it into work.

We have the results and they will get posted. We will get there. I am getting things organized for hopefully more people to come on board, but that takes time. People have a tendency to want to help, come on board, realize what a massive amount of work it is, and then bail leaving me with more work cleaning up the void they left. It takes many many hours to run SATAL and do it well and most people, frankly, just don't want to do that. That is fine, but please try not to complain about it and recommend me reaching out for help. I do that all the time and I get ghosted. I love creating this content and love interacting the community so lets keep this going and just have a good time.

However, I would like to thank the people that have contributed time to making SATAL happen. People helping does help immensely and I have gotten many people reaching out on Discord saying that can help which is fantastic!

We will be back on track this week. Thank you for your patience and bearing with me. Stay tuned.

Edited by M0ltar

Win by walkover is given 3 points to the team for the win. They are also awarded 4 kills and 0 losses. The team that forfeited is given 4 deaths and 0 points. ...

Why these kills/deaths are included in the Kill Ratio calculation? With that data K/R calculation is not correct. On this way K/R column on TheMerge is meaningless.

Forefeit/walkover is enough 3pts (+/-), 2 or 3 rounds win/lost and that's it. Kill ratio must be real kill ratio because it showing a lot about team.

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Why these kills/deaths are included in the Kill Ratio calculation? With that data K/R calculation is not correct. On this way K/R column on TheMerge is meaningless.

Forefeit/walkover is enough 3pts (+/-), 2 or 3 rounds win/lost and that's it. Kill ratio must be real kill ratio because it showing a lot about team.

The problem is that the K/D ratio is the tie breaker, so it means if a team gets a couple of walk overs, it'll be in their disadvantage to not have the chance to get kills/deaths. This was decided at the start of the season.

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

The problem is that the K/D ratio is the tie breaker, so it means if a team gets a couple of walk overs, it'll be in their disadvantage to not have the chance to get kills/deaths. This was decided at the start of the season.

I did not find this rule in the front page.

And it is not referred that what is the prior factor if some team end up with same points.

Was the same last season.

Don't remember that either. However, in any real world competition the wining team just gets the point. For e.g. if you play a game of cricket or rugby or whatever the winner gets the point and no touchdowns or runs are awarded to to the team because they didn't get any.

Regards

№15 | Verticle Charlie

Commanding Officer

No. 15 " Battle Axes "

wining team just gets the point

Exactly. ("ok, you opponents not show up - 3 points for you guys = enough and fair")