DCS World 1.5/2.0/NTTR Map FAQ & Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about the NTTR map

How many sq miles of the map does the highest resolution area cover?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

nevada test range

Hi all,

I was wondering, i run dcs on 3 pcs total, 1 as the server, and 2 others with the same modules so i can play both ground and air at the same time. would i have to purchase the nevada training map 3 times to have on all local machines, or only purchase once, and run the map on the server. thanks :)

• ED Team
Hi all,

I was wondering, i run dcs on 3 pcs total, 1 as the server, and 2 others with the same modules so i can play both ground and air at the same time. would i have to purchase the nevada training map 3 times to have on all local machines, or only purchase once, and run the map on the server. thanks :)

Yes, in the same way you would have to buy three of the same module if you wanted to run them on each machine at the same time.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Questions regarding the NTTR map resolution

I amongst many others am excited to get my hands on the Nevada NTTR map along with DCS World 2. As the devs have aforementioned, the map will have varying polygon and texture resolution so to avoid frying our CPU/GPU's and not break the internet with a super high download size :D My question is, is there any plans/capability for a higher polygon and/or texture resolution in the future from ED when better hardware and space requirements become more mainstream. If not, is the map open for ground and object mesh/clipmap/polygon modding. I am aware that the current Caucasus map has several higher-than-normal-resolution texture mods but no base mesh mods (which I assume is an engine limitation???). If model/texture modding is possible I am tempted to work with a friend who currently resides in Los Vegas to help make a higher resolution mesh/textures mod in the future (in addition there's a tempting sale on some Titan Z's near where I live).

TL;DR Is there any plans for a mesh/texture update for the NTTR map in the future when the average hardware is better? Also is the map open to ground/object texture and/or mesh modding?

Thanks.

Question for ED about the NTTR map.

I would have put this on the NTTR map questions thread but it has been closed so...............

I've pre ordered the NTTR map and I'm really looking forward to it's release. I have been following all the videos and threads about the map with avid interest but I haven't seen this asked before.

Q: Will the NTTR map (and any others from third party developers) once released, be similar to modules and have only 10 activations or will they be connected to your account and have unlimited downloads?

Thanks. :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Dedicated Client News

I have been hunting these forums for a couple of days now looking to see if there have been any posts or indications as to the planned Dedicated Server Tool that has been rumoured.

Now, my group has a dedicated server that is more than capable of running heavy load servers with Arma 3 regularly hosting 40+ player missions. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a DirectX supported GPU or Sound Card. Which means, running DCS as a server is really out of the question (quite possible, I have missed something)

Anyway, so I want to host a server, and in it's current form, DCS won't run on our server, So I am looking for any news or information regarding the planned release of the Dedicated Tool.

• 1 month later...

DCS 2.0 by end of November

Hi

I notice in the latest news email I got that it says they are concentrating on the NTTR and DCS 2.0 first and pushing back the MIG-15 vs F-86 Tourney till December to concentrate on this. So are we getting 2.0 in November or at least in December?

Screenshot_2015-11-16-09-04-53-1_zpseweoer6w.png

Thanks

Yeah, Froogle had this in his latest news release as well. Good times.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I'm thinking the date of the tournament was pushed back because they want everyone to have the possibility to try out 2.0 open beta before the tournament starts. It would be kinda risky to have the release and the tournament start at the same time in case there are unknown issues discovered at the last second.

I don't see why ED should bother with a 1.5 release with 2.0's own beta release so near. It was a great plan, to be fair. Get out the new rendering engine and let people try it out? Sweet. Good on them, seriously. I think that's something they should have done from day one. I didn't understand the need for NTTR to be linked to the use of EDGE.

A finalized and released 1.5 would be so very short lived and not many would use it, I imagine. After all, 2.0 is right around the corner for the Beta branch. I think they would be farther ahead just so skip a 1.5 release, relegate it to beta only, and save all effort to pushing 2.0 out onto beta. I don't think too many people will be upset with 1.5 being a beta only release when 2.0 seems to be at hand. This barring any serious setbacks ala runaway bus careening into ED's headquarters.

In that case, I think a 1.5 release would be reasonable.

My 2 cents, at least.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

"Everything is subject to change"

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I think they said that 1.5 will become 2.0 by the addition of NTTR map. So it might be a beta 2.0 and not full release stable branch 2.0

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious