SoftTH NEWS

1, 17" monitor to my left, 23" center

2, 1024x768

3, yes

4, Nvidia, Ge Force 8400 GS

5, abris on right sideusing all vertical and shkval on left vertical centered.

"not continus" what this means is that would like to have two seperate screens.

thank you very much for all that you have done for me.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I'm buying a 8" Lilliput UM-80/C for exporting one of the MFDs to that monitor. Initially, it will be only a single MFD since I only have one video card (and my motherboard does not support two) so I cannot hook up 3 displays...at least for now :D. My main screen is a Samsung 24" LCD.

Does SoftTH help for my planned setup? I've read somewhere that you are forced to run DCS: A-10C in windowed mode when running more than one screen - and therefore one has to run SoftTH for Fullscreen mode. But that was all for users with multiple "main screens" (main camera view shared on 2 or 3 screens), not with a simple export of a single MFD.

So in one sentence: When I want to have fullscreen mode and a secondary monitor displaying the MFD, do I have to use SoftTH? Any other up's or down's in that respect (FPS,....)?

Thanks in advance!

Zenga

"not continus" what this means is that would like to have two seperate screens.

thank you very much for all that you have done for me.

I hope you know that this means that you will not be able to run BlackScark1 in fullscren because of this - and I'm worried a little if your 8400GS will be able to handle this...

anyway,

Attached are the files you will need for your set-up - I also included a new NVG-mask.

I tested all in win-XP on my dual-boot in the exact same configuration like you have on BlackShark1.

>Please extract the contend of this zip inside your Ka-50 installation folder and integrate/overwrite if needed.

The right "Shkval+ABRIS+Camera 2048x768.lua" will be already selected if you start Ka-50 .

But before you start BlackShark the first time you must run the "Phantom Monitor Fix" in the background - or the simulation will be only centred in you primary screen. And as we a running BS1 in 2042x1024 - it will not look very user-friendly on a 1024x768 monitor with out this simple but brilliant piece of code...

Download it here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=633892#post633892

Have fun - and report back! - but do this in your original thread: confused on dual monitor hookup

(I have subscribed to it.)

Edited by PeterP

Zenga:

Does SoftTH help for my planned setup?

Yes

I've read somewhere that you are forced to run DCS: A-10C in windowed mode when running more than one screen - and therefore one has to run SoftTH for Fullscreen mode.

There is nothing like "multiple main screens"

Windows has only one "mainscreen" all others will be secondary screens"

well - you can "expand" this main-screen with your GPU driver if the monitors have the same specifications . AMD>"Eyefinity" ; NVIDIA>"Surround"

But if you have screens that can't run at the same specs - you only can do this with SoftTH for DX9 applications. and many more things like maintaining the aspectratio of difrent sized screens and even showing only parts of the render in a "Window"(more info about this >>> "destination rectangle")

And you are able to use Helios while DCS is in fulscreen-mode on the same Monitor that shows the export!

Things you can't do with "Eyefinity" or "Surround"

But that was all for users with multiple "main screens"(main camera view shared on 2 or 3 screens), not with a simple export of a single MFD.

Its absolute irrelevant what you show- The GPU doesn't care if this is contend of a MFCD or a HUD of the main camera.

So in one sentence: When I want to have fullscreen mode and a secondary monitor displaying the MFD, do I have to use SoftTH? Any other up's or down's in that respect (FPS,....)?

Yes - you will only be able to do this with SoftTH.

There are many "up's or down's " - but everything with SoftTH will be better as running in windowed mode.

BTW: getting a card from AMD will allow you to attach a minimum of three monitors out of the box.

Edited by PeterP

Hi Peter,

many thanks for the clear explanation.

Well, that the GPU doesn`t care whether it outputs a camera view (thats what I meant by "main screens") or the MFD was clear to me. The question was more whether it makes a difference for the game. But your last answer made it clear there´s no alternative to SoftTH when I want to have a fullscreen mode on my primary screen and the MFD on a secondary (and later another MFD on a third screen).

Guts Nächtle :smilewink:

>>> SoftTh 2.x configuration tool

Olstyle:

.NET Tool:

I started a new, .NET(3.5) based version which will get some new features in time. For now, all features of the online version are included, directly saving the config-file is supported and the GUI should be simpler to use.

- Version 1.0 now supports loading config files and includes the bug fixes of the different 0.9 versions concerning handling of the coordinate boxes

- Version 0.9 now supports the new compatibility switches of SoftTH 2.08, an option to center on to a specific head and the abbility to choose transport format per head.

softthconfigtool.jpg

The Screen-shot shows my setup. I'm using a TH2GO at the top and a Touch-screen below.

Edited by PeterP

Mr. PeterP, i need your help with my config.

I have 1 X 24" running 1920*1080 main monitor

2 X 7" running 1024*768 ea (MFCD`s exported on these

My previous setup was having the main monitor on the left, then the 2 smaller just right of it, like so:

oldm.jpg

I had this set up working, withouth SoftTh, bu with below average FPS.

I figured that if I change my setup like so:

newxs.jpg

By doing so, I reduce the rendering area, and by using SoftTh I can go full screen: I could probably gain some frames back.

I tried this for my lua:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('MFCD Softh');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.10822511;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1080;

width = 680;

height = 675;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1024; 1368

y = 1080;

width = 680;

height = 675;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

SoftTH config:

[main]

renderResolution=2048x1848

nonlocalFormat=RGB16D

keepComposition=0

smoothing=1

debugD3D=0

zClear=1

vsync=0

tripleBuffer=0

screenshotFormat=jpg

dllPathD3D9=auto

dllPathDXGI=auto

dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]

forceResolution=0

antialiasing=0

processAffinity=0

FOVForceHorizontal=0

FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]

compatibleIB=0

compatibleTex=0

compatibleVB=0

enableVBQuirk=0

[head_primary]

sourceRect=0,0,1920,1080

screenMode=1920x1080

[head_1]

; Autodetected as \\.\DISPLAY2 at AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

devID=1

sourceRect=0,1080,1024,768

transportResolution=1024x768

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

[head_2]

; Autodetected as \\.\DISPLAY3 at AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

devID=2

sourceRect=1024,1080,1024,768

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

My in game settings:

Resolution set to 2048 X 1848

aspect of 1.108225...

I end with about 128 pixels missing on the right hand side of the main.

My RMCFD is not where it should be. It is supposed to be more right. (IAW my plan anyways...)

here is a screenshot, kind of hard to see, it`s a little dark

softthdcsexe20120219172.jpg

Thoughts???

EDIT:

Ok figured out part of the issue here. The X coord of my RMCD was wrong. Corrected in red.

my main still looks a little "chubby". I'm missing the lower portion of the main, which is displayed on the top of both smaller screens. ??!!!

Edited by pitbull

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

My Changes are in Bold:

name = _('MFCD Softh');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.777777777777778;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1080;

width = 680;

height = 675;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 680;

y = 1080;

width = 680;

height = 675;

}

config.SoftTHconfig:

[main]

renderResolution=1920x1755

nonlocalFormat=RGB16D

keepComposition=0

smoothing=0

debugD3D=0

zClear=0

vsync=0

tripleBuffer=0

screenshotFormat=jpg

dllPathD3D9=auto

dllPathDXGI=auto

dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]

forceResolution=0

antialiasing=0

processAffinity=1

FOVForceHorizontal=0

FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]

compatibleIB=0

compatibleTex=0

compatibleVB=0

enableVBQuirk=1

[head_primary]

sourceRect=0,0,1920,1080

screenMode=1920x1080

[head_1]

devID=1

sourceRect=0,1080,680,675

destRect=0,1080,680,675

transportResolution=680,675

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

[head_2]

devID=2

sourceRect=675,1080,680,675

destRect=344,0,680,675 <<< change "344" to move the R-MFCD horizontal.

transportResolution=680,675

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

My RMCFD is not where it should be. It is supposed to be more right. (IAW my plan anyways...)
without knowing where it really should be - can't help you with this - but look above ^^^^

I underlined the line that will move the R-MFCD horizontal.That means your R-MFCD will be displayed 344px from the left on your second small screen.

Options.lua:

["aspect"] = 1.094017094017094,

["height"] = 1755,

["width"] = 1920,

Edited by PeterP

Quick Q PeterP,

Can we use any lua for this? Or did I read this right and have to use the 1 monitor one?

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Can I edit any of the lua files in the /monitor config folder and use it in my setup?

I used a copy of one of the originals, and edited that one. thx. I will test your settings sometimes today and report back.

thanks PeterP.

Ok I guess the nimbers are not matching abd the game won't go in the 3D world now.

Here is my monitor.lua, both MFCD's are where they should be.

Now, I still want DCS to render the full 1024*768 on my smaller monitors, but I want to export the MFCD's obnly on part of these (680*675). I have Helios filling the rest of the space with gauges.

thanks again PeterP, you help is very much appreciated!!

name = _('MFCD Softh');

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.777777777777778;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1120;

width = 680;

height = 675;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1368;

y = 1120;

width = 680;

height = 675;

}

Edited by pitbull
forgot to attach lua file

Now, I still want DCS to render the full 1024*768 on my smaller monitors, but I want to export the MFCD's obnly on part of these (680*675). I have Helios filling the rest of the space with gauges.
Thank you for telling me you want to use Helios!

Than you have to switch on aero with SoftTh.

This will run SoftTh a little slower but you can render still keep Helios on top of DCS while in full-screen.

And you don't have to render the full 1024x768 -SoftTH can transport only the part of the MFCDs - this will gain your FPS because you can have a smaller overall render.

Reminder : Your width/height/aspect in the options.lua must match the one you have set in the config.Softthconfig - If one number isn't right nothing will work.

So use this SoftTh config if you want to render the unnecessary black space between the MFCDs and make sure

you are using the right width/height/aspect in your option lua. :

[main]

renderResolution=2048x1848

nonlocalFormat=RGB16D

keepComposition=1

smoothing=0

debugD3D=0

zClear=0

vsync=0

tripleBuffer=0

screenshotFormat=jpg

dllPathD3D9=auto

dllPathDXGI=auto

dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]

forceResolution=0

antialiasing=0

processAffinity=1

FOVForceHorizontal=0

FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]

compatibleIB=0

compatibleTex=0

compatibleVB=0

enableVBQuirk=1

[head_primary]

sourceRect=0,0,1920,1080

screenMode=1920x1080

[head_1]

devID=1

sourceRect=0,1080,1024,768

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

[head_2]

devID=2

sourceRect=1024,1080,1024,768

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

If you want to try the optimized version with the "destRect" line - just take my suggested settings from posting #33 and edit it to reposition the MFCDs.

And don't forget to set keepComposition=1 to switch aero on.

Use this as guideline:

attachment.php?attachmentid=60157&stc=1&d=1323937224

And this post will give you more hints:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1352422#post1352422

you can also render the "Camera" on the whole render area and change your view a little (snapviewsdefault.lua)- so you will be able to use HRD without the sun-glare misalignment...

more details>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84266

Thank you for telling me you want to use Helios!

I should have told you right way! My bad...:music_whistling:

And you don't have to render the full 1024x768 -SoftTH can transport only the part of the MFCDs - this will gain your FPS because you can have a smaller overall render.

Thanks, I will do exactly that!

Mr PeterP sir,

I have everything setup nice and neat, the way I wanted it.

One issue remains,

i don't see the LMCFD in game.

-I don't see it inside the cockpit

-I do see it on a screen shot

-no splash screen on the LMFCD, only on the right side.

-happens with or without Helios running.

-attached in zip file is options.lua, softth config and monitor setup.

I played a bit with the numbers and I have my RMFCD perfectly alligned my my TM MFD's.

Judging by the screenshots the left one should be pretty close too, but can't confirm......;o)

pitbull lua.zip

That was easy! biggrin.gif

Culprit lies in your config.SoftTHconfig:

First: Set zClear to 0! - this will prevent a shader bug with DCS.

>>>Strange water texture overlaping bug... or something

and you don't have the

enableVBQuirk=1 line in the [debug] section!

this also is a DCS specific Fix!

(First post in this thread - written in red! I told this already two times to you!-don't you listen? wink.gif)

Than:

[head_1]

; borderA=0

; borderL=0

devID=1

sourceRect=0,1080,700,700

destRect=0,1080,700,700 <<<<Has to be 0

transportResolution=700x700

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

Keep in mind that SoftTH can only use the resolution your Monitor is set in windows properties when using the "destRect=" function.

And you have a res of 1024x768 available on monitor 2.

But

you "teleport" (wink.gif) the 700x700 of the left MFCDs outside the space of your second monitor...

The destect function doesn't start counting at x0/y0 of your overall resolution. -this does the sourceRect line already -

The destRect= starts counting in the x0/y0 of your target monitor.

So:

the destRect for line for [head 1] should look like this to bring the L-MFCD back inside your available res .

destRect=0,0,700,700

Read the line like this:

Take pixelinfo determined by "sourceRect" and place it on the monitor with the ID [Head1]=Win-Mon-2.

Start drawing at x0, y0 on [Head 1] and in size width:700px, height:700px.

I hope that was clear enough..!biggrin.gif

Can be complicated at the start- as you have to think in several layers .

But this is a very powerful function that let you render at the smallest possible resolution - and than spread the pixelinfo on different monitors. - look at the example of BadCrC and his cockpit again - to fully realizes what is possible with this.

>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1349597#post1349597

softth-BadCrC-explained.png

BIG EDIT:

And as I said before:

I would recommend to do it like this (see spoiler) - so you are able to use the HDR function without the sun-glare miss aliment >>>HDR Sun Glare Missalignment

Your card should be powerful enough for this.

attachment.php?attachmentid=61897&d=1327754330

option.lua:

options = 
{
   ["difficulty"] = 
   {
       ["padlock"] = true,
       ["easyRadar"] = false,
       ["miniHUD"] = false,
       ["birds"] = 0,
       ["optionsView"] = "optview_all",
       ["permitCrash"] = true,
       ["immortal"] = false,
       ["easyCommunication"] = true,
       ["map"] = true,
       ["radio"] = false,
       ["labels"] = true,
       ["tips"] = true,
       ["cockpitLanguage"] = "english",
       ["units"] = "imperial",
       ["easyFlight"] = false,
       ["altTrimmingMethod"] = false,
       ["externalViews"] = true,
       ["iconsTheme"] = "nato",
       ["fuel"] = false,
       ["weapons"] = false,
       ["setGlobal"] = true,
       ["geffect"] = "realistic",
   }, -- end of ["difficulty"]
   ["graphics"] = 
   {
       ["shadowTree"] = false,
       ["sync"] = false,
       ["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",
       ["color"] = "32",
       ["heatBlr"] = 0,
       ["scenes"] = "high",
       ["water"] = 2,
       ["fullScreen"] = true,
       ["visibRange"] = "High",
       ["aspect"] = 1.342657342657343,
       ["haze"] = 1,
       ["shadows"] = 2,
       ["TranspSSAA"] = true,
       ["cockpitShadows"] = false,
       ["width"] = 1920,
       ["effects"] = 3,
       ["MSAA"] = 3,
       ["height"] = 1430,
       ["HDR"] = 0,
       ["civTraffic"] = "",
       ["lights"] = 2,
       ["clutterMaxDistance"] = 0,
       ["textures"] = 2,
       ["treesVisibility"] = 6000,
   }, -- end of ["graphics"]
   ["views"] = 
   {
       ["cockpit"] = 
       {
           ["mirrors"] = false,
           ["reflections"] = false,
           ["russianHud"] = false,
           ["avionics"] = 0,
       }, -- end of ["cockpit"]
   }, -- end of ["views"]
   ["sound"] = 
   {
       ["world"] = 0,
       ["radioSpeech"] = true,
       ["cockpit"] = 0,
       ["volume"] = 0,
       ["headphones"] = 0,
       ["music"] = -12,
       ["subtitles"] = true,
       ["gui"] = 0,
   }, -- end of ["sound"]
   ["miscellaneous"] = 
   {
       ["headmove"] = false,
       ["force_feedback_enabled"] = true,
       ["f5_nearest_ac"] = true,
       ["f11_free_camera"] = true,
       ["synchronize_controls"] = false,
       ["accidental_failures"] = false,
       ["f10_awacs"] = true,
       ["Coordinate_Display"] = "Lat Long",
   }, -- end of ["miscellaneous"]
} -- end of options

config.SoftTHconfig:

[main]
renderResolution=1920x1430
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=1
smoothing=0
debugD3D=0
zClear=0
vsync=0
tripleBuffer=0
screenshotFormat=jpg
dllPathD3D9=auto
dllPathDXGI=auto
dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]
forceResolution=0
antialiasing=0
processAffinity=1
FOVForceHorizontal=0
FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]
compatibleIB=0
compatibleTex=0
compatibleVB=0
enableVBQuirk=1 [head_primary]
; borderA=0
; borderL=0
sourceRect=0,0,1920,1080
screenMode=1920x1080

[head_1]
; borderA=0
; borderL=0
devID=1
sourceRect=0,1080,350,350
destRect=0,0,700,700
transportResolution=350x350
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0

[head_2]
; borderA=0
; borderL=0
devID=2
sourceRect=350,1080,350,350
destRect=350,0,700,700
transportResolution=350x350
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0

LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD.lua

I did set your MFCDs to 350x350 - don't worry - this is absolute sufficient! -this will cut the needed bandwidth for the MFCDs to a quarter.

Proof that the MFCDs will be still usable at 350px:

350.jpg

Same picture as above - but now resized to 700px vertical. This is same what SoftTH will do :

attachment.php?attachmentid=62960&stc=1&d=1329828729

But I advise not to go below 300px - or the smallest font will get very fuzzy and also symbols at the TAD !

name = _('MFCD Softh');
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1430;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0.3; -- Fine tune this to move your center-viewpoint up/down
aspect = 1.342657342657343;
}
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 0;   -- don't touch this if it doesn't fit at first 
               -- start! do changes only in the  
y = 1080;  -- destrect line of softTH for positioning!!
width = 350;
height = 350;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 350;   -- don't touch this if it doesn't fit at first 
               -- start! do canges only in the  
y = 1080;  -- destrect line of softTH for positioning!!
width = 350; 
height = 350;
}

Gui =
{
    x = 0;
    y = 0;
    width = 1920;
    height = 1080;
}

UIMainView = Gui

- You will still have to fine tune the position of you MFCDs in destrect line- as I don't know how your Helios-profile looks.

but now you can use a overall res of 1920x1430, you will have 350x350 MFCDs that will be resized to 700x700 by softh.

And you can finally use the HRD without sun-glare missaliment!

And for the sake of clarity :

a visualisation what SoftTH is doing in this case.

pitbullexample.jpg

And as a last step you should fixate your FPS to something like 30-40 FPS in the

Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\graphics.cfg line #393 >> "MaxFPS = "

Do this to prevent you card from a overhead render that can cause stutters and distract the "smoothness" - because your FPS can jump between 70 to 15 within a half second.

Make first some tests where your average FPS are - but a value around 30 is a good choice.

This is much better as using the SoftTH "smoothing" function as DCS has it already build in!

700.thumb.jpg.2bd448746a5e0848d97274f43c0b87af.jpg

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

LOL thx PeterP!!

I had the enable VBQuirk written down I sware!! I used the GUI to get some dimensions and saved the profile after, it must removed it. I sware I wrote it ;o)

THX for the ton of info, again much more than what I asked for, which is super nice.

Next time i'm in Koln, I buy you a few Kolsch :-)

I will post results back after work.

Cheers!

Pit

Edited by pitbull

Some maintenance - I edited posting #1:

(I will update this thread on a regular basis - so you may want to subscribe to it...)

DCS related fixes for proper use with SoftTH 2.08b:

Fix: for bugged mission editor/Abris in DCS with SoftTH 2.08b:

Enable "quirk-mode" in the config.SoftTHconfig:

[debug]

compatibleIB=0

compatibleTex=0

compatibleVB=0

enableVBQuirk=1<<<

this last line(enableVBQuirk=1) is missing when you use the configuration tool - so add it manually by using a editor!

And avoid using ZClear - as this will produce some shader bugs . Means :

Set "zClear = 0"! >>>Strange water texture overlaping bug... or something

And if you are using Helios (http://www.scsimulations.com/):

You have to use

"keepComposition=1" in the config.SoftTHconfig to switch Aero on while SoftTH works.

This will make it possible to have Helios rendered over DCS on secondary screens!

Edited by PeterP

game crashes while booting the mission.. :-(

I used code provided and pasted it in appropriate lua/config file

Edit:

got it, the crash was caused by a format error in the posted code. [head_primary] was on the wrong line.

I git this fixed, but now my main screen extend on the small monitors, and the MFCD are rendered outside of the area... don't know where, screeshot only show the main display.

Edited by pitbull

Please make sure you double-checked my files - I'm not in your shoes (Sad but true: I can also make failures - sometimes I do them even at a regular basis ;))

- I just made a example file (while having some off time in the office at work...)...;)

So

... start again with the configuration tool and just add the functions I suggested to you.

And keep in mind : one missing "," or the wrong format and it will refuse to start.:) -patience-

Edit:

See : You found already one failure - maybe you will find the second soon. - just make sure there isn't a third one. ;) before you post again.< this is a joke!

another edit:

General tips how to create a working DCS-SofTH configuration:

First :

1. Create a "MonitorSetup.Lua" that will use the smallest possible resolution for your purpose.

2. Create a default SoftTHconfig file that will use the values of "MonitorSetup.Lua"

3. Write it down in your options.lua.

4. If this works: fine tune your setting.>> means:start at 1. again and redo this until you are satisfied!

but whatever you do: This two days fiddling and learning how to use SoftTH with DCS in full-screen will out-weight the bucks to buy a new GPU - only to realize you will only gain about 5fps in windowed mode , as you had before.

Many people that use multi-monitors are "wailing" about an unoptimized Engine - while at the same time they are using a set-up like this:

MFCD monitors not working

Hi - here is a tip for you:

Arrange the desktop like the green square.

attachment.php?attachmentid=62669&stc=1&d=1329156152

even if there is "Nothing" shown on it- this "nothing" is over 800.000 px big and has to be calculated each frame (this takes some cycles) and than transported through the v-ram.

- no offend! -this is just an example!

Edited by PeterP

I will start from scratch. It`s a lot a fiddling and trial and error... I do appreciate your help though!!

Right now i'm trying to have the main screen to only render on my main screen, and not overflowing on the bottom 2 smaller monitors. It's probably something really simple..

BTW: I bet I would fix this within 1min when I would be able to sit at your console! :D

Juts PM/post me your options.lua/"MonitorSetup".Lua/Default config.SoftTHconfig/ and a screen-shot of your desktop while Helios is running/and your general desktop layout. - again - and I have a sharp look at it tomorrow.

Edited by PeterP

well FML!

I knew it was something stupid lol.

the monitorconfig.lua got porked somehow, and was actually never "loading" in the sim .. so all along, I was using another .lua. of course, everytime I would edit something in the porked lua, nothing would be resulting on the screen....I created a brand new lua, applied all of your posted settings, loaded up the sim and voilà! quite embarassing actually! one more proof that you sometimes don't notice stuff when it's too obvious.......:doh:

One quick q(last one hopefully) there is a little gap between the rendered MFCD display and my actual TM MFD, and in that small crack, I see the main camera beeing rendered in there. Is that how it's supposed to be? I will tentatively try fill the crack :D later, but for now the sim is useable again so there is no urgency.

Thx again PeterP, I really appreciated/appreciate your support on this!

pitbull