Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Shipped on Feb 8 and received in New Jersey, USA on Feb 16. There was much rejoicing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I have an issue with mine: the lower DEPR rocker button and both INTEN rocker buttons register in DCS, but not in the Windows control panel, or in other sims. I've attached a picture to show which buttons.

415989226_UFCButtons.JPG.31f62e8c34fd94e64f69a210d1ba4bc5.JPG

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received my BuddyFox UFC controller today. Had some issues finding a port that would power it. I had one last available USB 3,0 port off a 7 hub powered hub. The hub would not provide enough amps for the BuddyFox. It looks to be a hungry little gizmo. Would not work at all on a 7 port usb 2.0 powered hub. I crossed my fingers and plugged it into the top of the case 3.0 port. Worked! Looks a bit untidy but it's running and working. Now to learn how to use it. :thumbup:

Might as well do it right.

Edited by Radial9

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

We made an A-10C UFC for sale.

It's a plug 'n play USB device, 35 backlit buttons with dimming and a working Master Caution light.

You can read more about it from www.buddy-fox.com

faded-3-1.jpg

I had a quick question. Would you ever consider setting the keys separately? Or even creating ones that match the other planes (F/A 18 for example)? This way, we can build button boxes that look more polished.

Love the A10 UFC by the way.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Received my BuddyFox UFC controller. Wow is it nice!!! Quick question, is it possible to automatically start the Raygun.exe application when I start DCS? I keep forgetting to start it.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Received my BuddyFox UFC controller. Wow is it nice!!! Quick question, is it possible to automatically start the Raygun.exe application when I start DCS? I keep forgetting to start it.

You can create a batch file that launches raygun then DCS.

Or you can just have raygun start as part of the startup.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

You can create a batch file that launches raygun then DCS.

Or you can just have raygun start as part of the startup.

Excellent idea about the batch file! Didn't think of that. Thank you!!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Does anyone have a Buddy Fox F-18 profile you’d be willing to share? I bought this to use with the F-18 (it is an A-10C UFC, I know), and I am hoping that someone will be willing to share :)

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a .bat script to automatically start Raygun before DCS. Just thought I would post it here in case anyone else is looking to do the same.

REM check running programs to see if Raygun.exe is already running
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq Raygun.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "Raygun.exe">NUL

REM if Raygun is not running, start it
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="1" start "" "C:\Program Files\Raygun\Raygun.exe"

REM start DCS
start "" "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

Bump

Does anyone have a Buddy Fox F-18 profile you’d be willing to share? I bought this to use with the F-18 (it is an A-10C UFC, I know), and I am hoping that someone will be willing to share :)

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

I love my A10 UFC, it's really useful for Hornet and Viggen as well but I have one issue. Whenever I restart my computer I need to pull out the UFC usb and plug it back in for it to be recognized again. Any idea why that is?

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

I love my A10 UFC, it's really useful for Hornet and Viggen as well but I have one issue. Whenever I restart my computer I need to pull out the UFC usb and plug it back in for it to be recognized again. Any idea why that is?

Not really sure but try a USB port directly in the computer or a powered USB hub if you haven't already.

I have tried several usb ports, first I had it connected to the back of the computer, tried different ones there. Now I have it connected to the back of the monitor just because it's easier to pull it out and put back in quickly.

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing here:(

....and The Reygun program to the Panel does not work with SimShaker-Wings toghether with the SimShaker Soundmodule. They seem to conflict with eachother.

But the Buddy-Fox panel is great!:)

Edit:

Upgraded windows to 1809 and the USB problem disapeared.

Raygun works if you make it the first in export.lua

local dcsRg=require('lfs');dofile(dcsRg.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-raygun.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]

Edited by RockaChic

Intel i7-9900K @ Corsair 2x3.3GHz 32 GB DDR4 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 TI (11 GB VRAM) + Windows 10 64Bit + Thrustmaster Worthog, Thrustmaster Pendular, VPC WarBRD, Buddy-Fox, Buttkicker, Cougar MFDs, TrackIr 5, Flightpanels, ASUS 32" 4K monitor.