VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Yeah, I couldn’t get it to work with the hack this time either. I just deleted the export file, it it ran as normal after rebooting

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hey greyman, sorry for not getting back. I am going to try that this weekend and hope to get it sorted. Other than that, its working great.

Noticed that when I join a multiplayer mission, Viacom wouldnt reply to my requests. Is this due to the actual multiplayer mission or is there something I havent done? I will check if the missions have easy comms on or off, that could be it. If easy comms are set for the mission and i dont hear a reply, any ideas?

Update: Sorted by allowing UDP settings in router and making sure Multi has Easy Comms=yes Hooray!!!!!

Cheers

Edited by tmansteve

:thumbup:

I have been using Voice Attack for another sim, and finally decided to get it set up for DCS.

I decided to go ahead and purchase Vaicom Pro and use it for that purpose.

Wow I am impressed! Have started using it first in the Spitfire in Normandy. I have only scratched the surface but have had no trouble using it for my ATC so far communicating with the airfield. Very nice!

I look forward to learning more with it and eventually getting it going in some other modules I fly as well.

Thanks so much for this great program!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Don,

Welcome aboard! I was using another voice recognition program for the longest, but support for it has all but disappeared as far as I can tell especially when it comes to DCS 2.5.X. I had already purchased Voice Attack and Vaicom, but took the leap to Vaicom Pro when it released. Like you, my socks were blown off with the seamless integration with DCS and the vast improvement in voice recognition. With auto updates, it is becoming a thing I don’t even have to think about, which is good. It just runs. Have fun!

Do some of you Vaicom users also use the Chatter Theme Pack?

Curious about thoughts on it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So I fly online using Discord. It´s configured so I don´t have a PPT button. The moment I begin speaking, my mates listen to me.

How could I set VoiceAttack up so, let´s say, I press a button, yell my command at VoiceAttack, but other people don´t listen to that.

Unless I´m mistaken, I need the same key to activate VoiceAttack AND mute Discord, is that correct?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

All of a sudden Vaicom has stopped working for me.

Says unable to invoke plugin, not valid for this version of Voice Attack...

Been working great up until now.

I am on the latest version of Voice Attack - 1.7.2.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Well I closed VA and started it again, and it started working again. But still seems quirky, was trying to communicate with my airfield and it changed airfield's on me on it's own. Perhaps patch related who knows.

Don B

Can anybody help me with VIACOM PRO

I have it instaled and activated and i finish all like in manual but there is no way to start working. I chck disable menus box but menus are still there, i select auto select option and start with "dubai, inbound" and i hear just beep and nothing happens. any idea what i am doing wrong?

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

I tryed but nothing i just hear beep and nothing else. Sometimes menu stay all time at screen, sometimes goes off...

Something is bad with this VIACOM PRO i think

106_47.jpg

Have you used it before and it’s worked? Do you have the most up to date version of Vaicom? Are you leaving the button pressed long enough? Are there any messages that look to be of concern? Do you have a copy of your log you could post? You may be best to message Hollywood direct

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Have you used it before and it’s worked? Do you have the most up to date version of Vaicom? Are you leaving the button pressed long enough? Are there any messages that look to be of concern? Do you have a copy of your log you could post? You may be best to message Hollywood direct

I take it today, so i download the newest one. I sent him message but i didnt get the answer. Yes i am holding ptt long enough for every command but it is strange that if i am checked to hide menus they are still there and wont go off sometimes. After every spoken command i am hearing beep, so it means it is good but it wont make any changes to the dcs.

106_47.jpg

There has been no change to the DCS comms files structure. Use the automatic installer, switch on debug mode and if no errors are shown on startup and the correct DCS install path is shown you'll need to inspect your export.lua there's most likely some other app preventing proper execution. DCS.log can provide clues.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hello all,

After updating DCS, Vaicom no longer appears to be recognizing DCS. For instance, when I use ctrl-alt-c to open the configuration, the module/aircraft I am using no longer shows up in the display. I updated Vaicom to 2.5.5, reinstalled all the exported files, and restarted numerous times in administrator mode, but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

KC

@Hollwood, DCS has stopped responding to my voice commands and I'm seeing the following error in debug while running a mission;

15:12:16 - there was a problem sending state update request:Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: remoteEPSystem.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: remoteEP

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, EndPoint remoteEP)

at VAICOM.Core.sendupdaterequest()

VCP responds correctly to my voice commands, but it looks like it's not able to connect with DCS. I recently relocated DCS to a new machine. Both SRS and Simshaker are working since the move, although I have commented them out in the export.lua while I'm troubleshooting this issue.

The following debug messages are shown when launching VA;

15:16:06 - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

15:16:06 - Ready for commands.

15:16:06 - Startup finished.

15:16:06 - there was a problem sending state update request:Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: remoteEPSystem.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: remoteEP

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, EndPoint remoteEP)

at VAICOM.Core.sendupdaterequest()

15:16:06 - Chatter theme init: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

15:16:06 - Adding themepack collections

15:16:06 - at System.Net.IPAddress.InternalParse(String ipString, Boolean tryParse)

at System.Net.IPAddress.Parse(String ipString)

at VAICOM.Core.setupUDP()

at VAICOM.Core.Initialize(Object vaProxy)

15:16:06 - Current Profile string matches database.

15:16:06 - No new DCS modules to import.

15:16:06 - Success.

15:16:06 - Building master labels table...

15:16:06 - Building master keywords table...

15:16:06 - Adding 0 imported menu commands.

15:16:06 - Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

15:16:06 - Loading F10 menu items...

15:16:06 - Loading keywords database...

15:16:06 - Updating keywords database...

15:16:06 - Checking VA profile.

15:16:06 - 4/5 DCS-side files were updated.

15:16:06 - Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

15:16:06 - Reset: speech.lua

15:16:06 - Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

15:16:06 - Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

15:16:06 - Unchanged: Export.lua

15:16:06 - Saved Games folder = C:\Users\rober\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

15:16:06 - DCS World installation path = F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

15:16:06 - Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta

15:16:06 - DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta

15:16:06 - DCS World version 2.5 not found.

15:16:06 - Executing automatic lua code installation.

15:16:06 - License: PRO

15:16:06 - Plugin version 2.5.5 build 180910-01

15:16:06 - Initializing..

15:16:06 - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

15:16:06 - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

15:16:06 - Plugin support enabled.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

Hello all,

After updating DCS, Vaicom no longer appears to be recognizing DCS. For instance, when I use ctrl-alt-c to open the configuration, the module/aircraft I am using no longer shows up in the display. I updated Vaicom to 2.5.5, reinstalled all the exported files, and restarted numerous times in administrator mode, but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

KC

Hello i got the same problem, after a update XXX from DCS-World to all my planes and the new F-18C Hornet.

Most of the time before and only in the F-18 Hornet i was get a lot of throbble about to comunicate with any AI.

Sometimes it works but not really often.

All the settings from the difference of frequencys was set RIGHT !

Since longer time ago i bought the VOICE ATTACK before 1.7.2 and VAICOM 2.5 and only the planes from the FLAMING CLIFFS 3 bundle was react on speech reconizion !

book.gifMost time i was try it out on the F-15C from Flaming Cliffs 3 and got it to work correct !

but even not only ONE TIME the comunication in the F-18C Hornet is a verry mistake because not ATC is answer if you start a request on him or no other AI comunicate with me and all frequencys set OK !

Now i start the Voice Attack Update to 1.7.2 and all the AI from Flaming Cliffs 3 like F-15C seems to have the same problem like the F-18C Hornet already got !

joystick.gifAny Idea ?

Edited by lapster49th

@lapster, KidCharlemagne

..reinstalled all the exported files..

Use the plugins automatic installer, if you edited the lua files try running a DCS Repair first.

@rb05033

I recently relocated DCS to a new machine

That will be the causing it. Try removing the database and config subfolders and then restart.

@Tundra

Sure, in the profile you could e.g. add a keypress to the TX press/release commands to mute/unmute Discord.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Spot on! Problem solved. Thanks Hollywood.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

Hollywood,

I verified the program files using Steam then reinstalled the exported .lua files but still no joy. I should also note that the auto installer can't find my steam DCS installation, regardless of whether or not I entered a custom path into the config window. Any input moving forward?

KC