F5 Radar Grid

HvanE

Having some issues with the radar in the F5. The radar screen does not show the full grid but instead paints a number of dots on the distance/azimuth lines. I have uploaded a screenshot for clarity.

Anyone of you F5 jocks have this issue or know a solution?

Thanks.

64321312_RadarGrid.JPG.b2da1911c7e85669e3dddb67145814b3.JPG

Hate to say it, but welcome to what happens when you purchase a module that isn’t “the new baby” for ED. It’s nowhere near the abandonware that the Hawk ended up as, but the serious answer is they’ll get to it when they get to it. Right now, development priorities are the Hornet, Viper, Supercarrier, and DCS 2.5.6 updates. Everything else: don’t expect any semblance of steady progress or any more than cursory attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Solution of the problem

I have installed the radar myself in the Mods folder,

created my own profile from the existing Chinese model,

it loaded and it works.

For the beautiful flying model F-5e Tiger, only with grid on the radar, this model is complete and in my opinion it makes flying more fun.

It is done as follows:

Open the folder /DCS World/Mods/F-5E/Aircraft/F-5E/Liveries/Cockpit_F-5E

Here are two folders Chinese and Standard.

Add profilesad.gif See attachment: create new Profile)

The default folder will be copied and saved under /Cockpit_F-5e.

default - rename copy e.g. to F-5E TIGER Radar

Create new profile e.g: (F-5E TIGER radar)

Copy the file F5E-CPT-RADAR-01.dds from the Chinese folder and copy it into the newly created folder.

This looks as follows: see appendix (contents new profile)

Edit Description.lua with Notpad ++ as follows, which can be downloaded free of charge from the Internet.

This content must be inside:

See also appendix: Edit Profile

________________________________________________________________________________

livery = {

{"F5E-MIRRORS", 0 , "mirrors", true};--mirrors texture replacement with runtime rendered one

{"RADAR-INS-DIG-CONS", 0, "f5e-cpt-radar-01", false};

{"RADAR-INS-DIG-CONS", 8, "f5e-cpt-radar-01", false};

{"TXT-RDR", 0, "f5e-cpt-radar-01", false};

{"TXT-RDR", 8, "f5e-cpt-radar-01", false};

}

________________________________________________________________________________

and the new profile is now created.

Now the game DCS World is started.

Press the gear wheel (settings)

Select the Special tab at the top.

Select the F-5e aircraft from the left tab.

Now you will see a new page where Costomized Cockpit is located,

to select it and select the newly created profile (F-5e TIGER radar) and confirm with ok.

Now the new profile is loaded and the grid on the radar appears in the game.

I hope I could help you with this, have fun with it.

The pictures are also in this article by me: [REPORTED]Radar missing range indicators

Best regards

Tirola01

Edited by Tirola01
images are missing

I am a pilot, my home is the clouds and my friends are the eagles when they are not shitting on my cockpit.

Heb nicht ab vom Acker, ohne deinen Tacker :pilotfly:

If you prefer to have the english text for climb-dive rather than the chinese one, this one seems to work for me...

edit : the chinese text is for the ADI... That uses another lua definition. So it should be fine ;)

F5E-CPT-RADAR-01.zip

Edited by Clorydric

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

I don't know what you mean by that.

My profile has no Chinese text you can see for yourself. It is all in English.

1697274981_myProfile.thumb.jpg.0d9e0e521a4dc9b4c1907ae93440f06d.jpg

368728273_englishtext.thumb.jpg.be84576cfb5e42464396fd269097b952.jpg

I am a pilot, my home is the clouds and my friends are the eagles when they are not shitting on my cockpit.

If you prefer to have the english text for climb-dive rather than the chinese one, this one seems to work for me...

I only made the grid for myself because the points on it bothered me.

if you can use it, you can adapt it yourself according to my instructions. if you don't want that, you have to wait for a moder or for an official update. I am not a programmer. i just wanted to help.

Greetings

Tirola

See you in the clouds.

I only made the grid for myself because the points on it bothered me.

if you can use it, you can adapt it yourself according to my instructions. if you don't want that, you have to wait for a moder or for an official update. I am not a programmer. i just wanted to help.

Greetings

Tirola

See you in the clouds.

Good to know. I saw chinese text for the ADI in this texture, so I though it will also replace the ADI texture... But I forgot the ADI uses another lua line. :music_whistling:

Does it pass integrity check for multiplayer? There was another mod to solve this problem I installed, and it didn't pass integrity check.

You have to make a cockpit livery and place it in %userprofile%\Saved games\DCS\Liveries\Cockpit_F-5E and it won't trigger the IC. Don't forget to choose this livery in DCS options (options > special > F-5E > cockpit livery)

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index