* DCS: F-14 Development Update! Scan, Lock, Fire! *

Cobra847

Towel flicking each other’s butts in the locker room (or whatever they were doing in that highly dubious scene) is the level after that. Or maybe that was a bit too far!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Top Gun cheese is just next level xD

giphy.gif

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ugh... This lovely module is being defiled by all these Top Gun references.

*sigh* I don't know. I just don't know.

Try to learn to unlearn past connotations. Though difficult, I try to take things as they are and not as popular culture tried to make me think they are.

I know, easier said thab done. When it works it really shows things in a more fresh and less tainted light.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Ugh... This lovely module is being defiled by all these Top Gun references.

*sigh* I don't know. I just don't know.

Top Gun was a great starting point, but yes, it shouldn't ever define the F-14 in the end! The real world's so much cooler than the world of Tom Cruise!

Nice top gun reference there, Jester.

Indeed lol.

"Keep posting them up..."

Top+Gun+23+%7C+Jester+%26+Viper.jpg

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So...today is Friday the 1st of December :)

The Harrier is out, the F18 doesn't look like it's anywhere close to early access yet, so any chance of getting some news on whether the F14 will be ready in December, and when the early access (pre)sale will start so I can start throwing money at my screen?

(I have no interest in flying the F18, the Harrier, or any other fighter jet while the Tomcat is this close to release).

Thanks in advance, for any, reply. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

So...today is Friday the 1st of December :)

The Harrier is out, the F18 doesn't look like it's anywhere close to early access yet, so any chance of getting some news on whether the F14 will be ready in December, and when the early access (pre)sale will start so I can start throwing money at my screen?

(I have no interest in flying the F18, the Harrier, or any other fighter jet while the Tomcat is this close to release).

Thanks in advance, for any, reply. :)

Wags said that we will see F-18 startup video next week so I suppose maybe some 2.5 news today?

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Yes please short statement heatblure :)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

I would not mind to wait till Spring if is going to be fully polished and bug free.

:)

If u want something to be polished and bug free, then dont buy early access xD Some of us dont mind the old bug (within reason ^^) if we get to try it earlier

giphy.gif

I understand that it was the guy's role according to the script, but... what a clown.

Hey, Iceman... you can not be my wingman.

You got your F-14 studded with bullets at the final dogfight, didn't you pathetic fool ?

Go bite an apple or something.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

OMG. I feel like one of those Vietnam vets who gets to sit in a Huey for the first time decades later.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Hey, Iceman... you can not be my wingman.

You got your F-14 studded with bullets at the final dogfight, didn't you pathetic fool ?

Hey - has was engaged with five, I repeat five - he was in deep shi.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heatblur wants to make us believe that those screenshots are textured 3D models...hahaha, never heared a great Joke like this...those screenshots are photos taken from a REAL Tomcat

(obviously kidding)

I was blown away when I first saw those Images...whatever you are about to do there, you seem to have Magic in your Hands....really cant wait to see more and take a seat in the cat.

Keep up the great work and thanks for this awesome update

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Most likely waiting for the Harrier new kid excitement to lower a bit. As a professional courtesy. I'm guessing, but that's what I would do. The more the 3rd party devs work together the better. After-all they share customers.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

I hope see that on christmas :D

339262080_TOMCATCHRISTMAS.jpg.9cc927ae50e5514d487df462a629773a.jpg

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!