** DCS: F-14 Manual Early Access Release!! **

Cobra847

Oops... missed that one...

And also I misunderstood the function of the TALD. I thought it was used for target practice purposes :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey Guys,

thx for the huge Manual. I would appreciate a PDF-Version for mobile purposes.

I also have problems with the shown TIT explained as EGT. Does the note mean, that the F110 EIG Version will show an EGT-Indication? If yes, the TIT isn't explained yet for the present illustration!

Yes, the final EIG for the -B will show EGT instead of TIT.

Heatblur, I have a small request. Didn't want to open a thread, and this seemed to be the most logical place to drop this.

So...

I've put off getting a Tomcat shirt because I wanted one that represented the F-14 in general rather than a particular squadron. I also really like the cover art you're using for the manual.

Would it be possible to get shirts made with that on it instead?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

Minor suggestions. For this page http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/weapons.html#f-14b-loadout-diagram

You should mirror the Table to it matches the layout on the image of the jet. I have found my self wondering why the LANTIRN is on the right side of the jet as it should be on the left, then realize the table is flipped.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Can you please disable the the max-width property in the CSS sheets as suggested in the Reddit thread?

There's really no need for it, without a max width the site still changes size dynamically depending on the users browser size, it just makes it awkward for people who want it full screen on a widescreen display. (and for people who want it like it is now they can just resize their browser to the size they wish). Thanks.

Hello, Naquaii.

I have a question.

In the NATOPS manual(NAVAIR 01−F14AAA−1 2004 page 8-3), trim setting for catapult launch is explained.

How implemented it in DCS? and how to determine center of gravity?

from your manual, "Trim - Checked and Set 000."

Hello, Naquaii.

I have a question.

In the NATOPS manual(NAVAIR 01−F14AAA−1 2004 page 8-3), trim setting for catapult launch is explained.

How implemented it in DCS? and how to determine center of gravity?

from your manual, "Trim - Checked and Set 000."

Three degrees nose up will be fine for our purposes. The DCS catapults have a lot of smash in them...

Viewpoints are my own.

I noticed that the RWR rings are the other way round in the manual, ie most critical threads are on the outmost circle. I dare to say this is wrong. RAZBAM had it wrong. ED had it wrong as well. Please don't make the same mistake.

It's not though and it's not a mistake. The conclusion we arrived at during that whole debacle was that it has changed at least one time down the years. Our documentation for the F-14B shows it this way and that's why we've chosen it.

It's not though and it's not a mistake. The conclusion we arrived at during that whole debacle was that it has changed at least one time down the years. Our documentation for the F-14B shows it this way and that's why we've chosen it.

It's a display technique that dovetails with the previous systems where the longer the "spike", the stronger the signal, meaning the higher the threat.

It makes all the sense in the world.

Viewpoints are my own.

Can't stop reading RIO.. I think I'll need a pilot. :)

I think there is a logic typo here in AWG-9 description. Right at start, MLC is described wrong I think.

The MLC switch controls how the system supresses the MLC in the radar system while in pulse doppler mode. The OUT position disables the system while the IN position enables it. The AUTO position automatically enables (<- should be disables) the MLC filter if the antenna look-up angle is greater than 3°."

Or change antenna elevation reference to less :)

Stated correct later on at PD SEARCH description

"If the MLC switch on the DDD panel is in AUTO the radar will automatically turn off the MLC filter if looking more than 3 degrees above the horizon. It can also be turned off manually by the RIO but if the antenna looks down this can make the displays unusable in RWS and TWS as all of the ground returns will be sent to the computer for tracking. In whichever case, with the MLC filter off, the target cannot notch the AN/AWG-9 if it is above the radar."

Hope I got it right.

MLC.thumb.JPG.238982dfa7d2446c0f801667ce129bbf.JPG

Edited by 59th_LeFty

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Yeah, that's a typo, thx!

GT is ground track hold mode for the autopilot, it's basically a heading hold but compensated for drift making you follow a set track along the ground.

The throttle gain is used to set power levels for the throttle auto mode where the computer controls the throttles to maintain landing AoA.

It's a display technique that dovetails with the previous systems where the longer the "spike", the stronger the signal, meaning the higher the threat.

It makes all the sense in the world.

Now this totally makes sense. So basically it's the same system (ALR-67), but in the Tomcat it's still adapted to the "old" habit and later they swapped it around which we can see in the Harrier and the Hornet in DCS. Thanks for the explanation ajmug.png

I guess this might be hard for some to adapt to the difference though rdlaugh.png

Probably the easiest way is just to use the HUD display in the mentioned airframes and not looking at the RWR gauge at all if not absolutely needed rainbowdashwink.png

Remembers me of flying an Italian plane where you have to pull the throttle back to add power... derpyconfused.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Not sure if there is a central issue tracker for updates to the manual but here goes from first pass of first section.

Introduction, 2nd para

The Navy was directed, by then, defense secretary Robert McNamara to join the Tactical Fighter Experimental...

Should be

The Navy was directed by, then defense secretary, Robert McNamara to join the Tactical Fighter Experimental...

or

The Navy was directed by, then, defense secretary Robert McNamara to join the Tactical Fighter Experimental...

In this case the commas are used effectively as brackets () so an easy check is whether the sentence makes sense if you remove the words contained within.

The original version doesnt pass this test

The Navy was directed defense secretary Robert McNamara....

Will keep reading :)

Introduction / Ground Attack

Recommend swapping para 1 and 2 around so that the introduction to ground attack and its ruling out is present before it is "resurrected"

"gps-guided" GPS should be capitalized.

Final para

"Most of the LANTIRN equipped aircraft were the ones upgraded with the programmable TID or (PTID) allowing for greater integration of the LANTIRN."

should be

"Most of the LANTIRN equipped aircraft were later upgraded with the programmable TID (PTID) allowing for greater integration of the LANTIRN."

Edited by AH_Solid_Snake

Hi.

Not sure if these potential errors have been reported yet:

Master Test Panel missing Mach Lev position between the EMERG GEN - Tests emergency generator and WG SWP - Tests wing-sweep system.

AA1 Control Panel - numbers in text do not match illustration.

HB DCS F-14 Specific Configuration Options

The Heatblur F-14 in DCS has a set off options available affecting only the F-14. These are located under OPTIONS -> SPECIAL -> F-14B on the main DCS menu.

I think "of" is the appropriate word?

Salute,

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it just my browser or the images showing Pulse and Pulse-Dopler examples for DDD under "Detail Data Display" heading are super small and unreadable?

Also, can we get some diagram showing all the control options for the Target Designator switch? I find it confusing that the switch apparently has a left and right arrow drawn on it, while the controls mentioned in the description are UP, DOWN and DES (designate) whatever that is (push-in?).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Is it just my browser or the images showing Pulse and Pulse-Dopler examples for DDD under "Detail Data Display" heading are super small and unreadable?

Also, can we get some diagram showing all the control options for the Target Designator switch? I find it confusing that the switch apparently has a left and right arrow drawn on it, while the controls mentioned in the description are UP, DOWN and DES (designate) whatever that is (push-in?).

I get this too (Chrome) - but most others don't. We're trying to figure that one out.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/