JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Can use Aim-9 M and L.

No way, I don't think they are nor have I ever seen any of them being able to use or be armed with Aim-9s or any American missiles. It would be Chinese or at most Russian missiles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

What's about the skin please ?
It's the skin for the two countries that have the JF-17 in their inventory, if I remember correctly. US and Russia skins wouldn't really make sense, don't you think? ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

PLAAF doesn't operate JF-17s but Deka does plan to include some fictional skins for it (alongside USAF & Russian Air Force ones) based on this post from 2017.
The Chinese produce it under its original designation, as the Chengdu FC-1... the JF-17 is the pakistani designation of the export version. So we may have some small differences in specific systems and maybe weapon access to Chinese weapons. ;)

EDIT: you are correct, the Chinese air force does not fly it themselves...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

No way, I don't think they are nor have I ever seen any of them being able to use or be armed with Aim-9s or any American missiles. It would be Chinese or at most Russian missiles

Eh, the Pakistani Air Force flies Vipers so I wouldn't be surprised if they integrated the AIM-9 in the JF-17 too.

Eh, the Pakistani Air Force flies Vipers so I wouldn't be surprised if they integrated the AIM-9 in the JF-17 too.

They can't just freely integrate an American missile onto a Chinese or Russian platform like that. Doing so would mean huge consequences like confiscation of weapons and other stuff. They would require permission from both supplying countries to make it happen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

They can't just freely integrate an American missile onto a Chinese or Russian platform like that. Doing so would mean huge consequences like confiscation of weapons and other stuff. They would require permission from both supplying countries to make it happen

Supposedly the JF-17 system architecture has no problem integrating various weapons. And on WIKI (I know extremely reliable) it says they can carry them. But I think for Pakistan/any operator it would come down to if there is really a benefit worth the effort of enabling the aim-9s on the aircraft. Due to maintenance, spares, and whatever complications that would come from such an action.

Well Pakistani F-7PG which is using aim-9 and it is chines (Chengdu J-7) but I agree, one needs permission to operate and integrate.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

KLJ radar?

JF-17 Block I is KLJ-7 radar (2002):

klj7-300x216.jpg

Manufacturer: NRIET (Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology)

Détection Range 4m2: ~80km

Type: MSA

Targets tracked: 10

Targets engaged simultaneously: 2

Frequency: X band

Max Horizontal detection angle: -..°/+..° <...° ?

Max Vertical detection angle: -..°/+..° <...° ?

Features:

Guidance for medium/long range missiles.

All waveform design.

Air/air, Air/ground, air/sea and navigation functions.

Compact structure.

Parasitic IFF antena on radar anetnna array.

Low sidelobe slotted plane array antenna technique.

High-speed parallel digitial signal processing.

14 Operational Modes:

Range While Search (RWS)

Velocity Search (VS)

Single Target Track (STT)

Track While Scan (TWS)

Dual Target Track (DTT)

Situational Awareness Mode (SAM)

Air Combat Mode (ACM)(with five sub-modes)

Real Beam Map (RBM)

Doppler Beam Sharpening (DBS)

Ground Moving Target Indication/Ground Moving Target Track (GMTI/GMTT)

Air to Ground Ranging (AGR)

Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)

Sea Single Target Track (SSTT)

Beacon (BCN)

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any info on LS-6 PBG variants we get with JF-17? And will it be possible to double or tripple rack them on a single pylon?

From what I can find there are several different variants:

500kg

250kg

100kg

50kg

The LS-6 100kg is quite close to the GBU-39/SDB in terms of weight. A bit lighter.

Any info on LS-6 PBG variants we get with JF-17? And will it be possible to double or tripple rack them on a single pylon?

From what I can find there are several different variants:

500kg

250kg

100kg

50kg

The LS-6 100kg is quite close to the GBU-39/SDB in terms of weight. A bit lighter.

now we only add LS-6 500KG, so no dual rack for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |