[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] AIM-9M Lock-on Issues

Wesjet

I have been having issues getting the AIM-9M (and have seen this with the X but not thoroughly tested yet) to lock onto aircraft even in favorable conditions.

I had tried this both with the un-assisted boresight mode, uncaged the seeker and it will start to growl but not lock on most aircraft. Similar results occur when using the radar-assisted mode.

Conditions testing have included from 10nm initial down to 1nm in both head-on and tail-on aspects.

Aircraft I have had an issue with:

-SU27

-MIG29

-L39

-F/A-18C (following a friend online)

In some cases it still does work, for example swooping in on some friendly AH-1s I had no problem getting a lock.

I will try to make a shorter track if possible, currently my MP tracks are over an hour so unsuitable for bug testing.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Wags,

Thank you for looking into this. This morning I have spent some time trying to narrow it down.

So far these are the conditions:

-Multiplayer Only

-Must perform and A/G release first, I used MK-82's in CCIP.

-Subsequently AIM-9 seeker will begin to track, but not lock a target.

Since I had to be in MP, the track file is about 14MB, too large to upload.

Please see a copy of it here from my OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au6nuN4_FUp2gqIgxxcWqkTvT-aKDg?e=ukW6sr

In the track I attempt to lock both from a head-on and tail-on aspect, caging and uncaging the seeker a few time to make sure it's trying.

I was able to watch the problem in the track file myself, locally.

Excuse my takeoff, I had de-selected the DCS window by accident!

In a previous flight / track file (not uploaded) in the same mission, flying head on with an L-39 in the same fashion without first having done a CCIP weapon release did not recreate this issue, and a valid lock was acquired. And of course, a tail-on aspect was also no issue.

Using the same pattern in SP (although with an air start) did not reproduce the issue.

My Rig:

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Nineline,

Tried again with the new hotfix.

Not only does CCIP release of the Mk82's seems to work properly again so far, the sidewinder seems to be back to normal too.

I'll add to this again if I see this return.

My Rig:

• 2 months later...

This one appears to be back, I will work on a track for it as this occurred during a long MP flight with a large track file. I do have a video clip however.

Same conditions:

-Multiplayer

-AIM9M

-Prior A/G weapons use

Issue:

Right wingtip AIM-9M will not lock on to target, left wingtip AIM-9M is good.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/528741413

My Rig:

• ED Team

Hi

I know it maybe difficult but if you do have a shortish track showing this it would help.

I have been unabale to reproduce myself so far.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Had a bit of a DCS break but I am able to get this again after some testing.

Track to large to upload, see OneDrive link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au6nuN4_FUp2gqp7vP3PqKrWEHeHaQ

It seems the ground attack portion may be incidental - cycling various radar modes including No Radar (IR seeker only + cage/uncage), LTWS, STT, ACM Boresight, HMD can cause the seeker to stop locking to varying degrees. This issue is very intermittent.

In my track, fast forward until I climb into formation behind the F-15C @ ~24,000ft (after Mk82 release). At some points the seeker will growl but not fully lock one one or both missiles, and there is also a case where the seeker will chirp but not even achieve the growl stage. Towards the end I engage the HMD mode which seems to "restore" the seeker's ability to lock on. Track then finishes after I break off to the right.

My Rig: